AC Social Event: Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Imola - Wed 15Aug18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Don't bother. I already have the tape ... going into T1 the guy slowed down and then pulled to the right into me. I have no interest in a protest.
Same here, usually no interest in bitchin' but the reason I'm commenting is I do wonder if everyone has Helicorsa (or similar), is it compulsary? Was hit 3 times tonight, one was a wipe out without them stopping.... all seemed totally oblivious (surprised is an understatement!) when being completely alongside - and I don't mean a nose in!

Anyway, next.........

hi
after a while i'm back into racing (only one race because of my back pain). In races a time ago i'm between the middle and the end of the places. So i think there are new drivers which arn't familiar with such situations and make errors in driving. This i think is like all drivers began with mistakes. So if everyone accept this the new drivers will learn and we all have fun with clean races. Yes and having helicorsa you have to learn to place it on the correct position on the screen to see the raceline and helicorsa and know the track to react correctly.
All battles i have are very clean and fair (thx to this drivers)
hape

hi
after a while i'm back into racing (only one race because of my back pain). In races a time ago i'm between the middle and the end of the places. So i think there are new drivers which arn't familiar with such situations and make errors in driving. This i think is like all drivers began with mistakes. So if everyone accept this the new drivers will learn and we all have fun with clean races. Yes and having helicorsa you have to learn to place it on the correct position on the screen to see the raceline and helicorsa and know the track to react correctly.
All battles i have are very clean and fair (thx to this drivers)
hape

This is a very good message and one that I am very pleased to read. Guys lets not forget that this was a "Social Event" ..that is not to say that we do not want any experienced drivers, because we surely do!! that is how the rookie will learn race Kraft and control ..by watching you, following and maybe getting some tips along the way. Some drivers will of course make some mistakes, but how will they learn if they do not enter. The experienced will need to show some patience, especially when overtaking a less experienced driver, I am happy to report that 99% of the faster guys already do all of this. WE all join to race and want to win of course we do, but lets not forget about the less experienced along way...again I thank you all and hope to see you all again next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've been lurking here for a couple of years, running offline, slow but enjoying it. I had considered for a while now joining these "social events". I've sim raced for 30 years, but at 67 I'm slow by any standard. Says it's a SOCIAL event, a great place for inexperienced and slower drivers to learn and enjoy without being roasted or banned.
Then I see this string of posts. Wow am I glad I never jumped in. Clearly, this is anything BUT what it was purported to be, and anything BUT a great place for a newb or an old phart like me. So... THANK YOU for making it clear that this is most certainly NOT a place I want to be...

I've been lurking here for a couple of years, running offline, slow but enjoying it. I had considered for a while now joining these "social events". I've sim raced for 30 years, but at 67 I'm slow by any standard. Says it's a SOCIAL event, a great place for inexperienced and slower drivers to learn and enjoy without being roasted or banned.
Then I see this string of posts. Wow am I glad I never jumped in. Clearly, this is anything BUT what it was purported to be, and anything BUT a great place for a newb or an old phart like me. So... THANK YOU for making it clear that this is most certainly NOT a place I want to be...
That's only one race that wasn't really great for some on the grid. As you can see others had great fun.
Just have a read from my first race here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...sday-april-19-2017.134507/page-5#post-2456922

You can't predict racing, that's the beauty of it. Sometimes some drivers will clash and have an argument. That's life.
Overall you can expect one of the cleanest places of the internet to race against real people here at RD.
AI might be cleaner but they aren't real. With real people you will sometimes have a real argument :)
Most of the times it's great and totally makes up for all the bad. Racing against people you can actually talk to and which are unpredictable in a good way as they are like you, real is so much more awesome than running offline. A lot more intense too. :)

Same for real racing series. There's mostly somebody with bad mood after each race but that doesn't mean you should stop real racing. Most of the drivers love it!

But if you want to derail all clubs and all races by just a few posts, have fun racing against coded bots. We can't do more than trying to make you feel welcomed.

Hi EZWriter, I'm one that had a bit of a whinge in this race which, if I'm honest, I shouldn't have spoken from a 'knee jerk' moment, so I'd like the chance to put this into perspective.... That was one race where I was surprised a couple of times, and looking back I shoud've had more spacial awareness about me - it's the only race in all of them that this has happened in the region of 50 or-so races.

I joined in May this year, have raced at least twice per week and have been totally blown away with the patience, goodwill and amazing race-banter. I've had mods helping and guiding in things they don't have to do - from privately, in their own time, talking me through steps to install software (take a bow Rasmus;)), The 2 Pauls encouraging me during races, Sir Bobby Pennington giving one-to-one driving and set-up instruction, I've had the Aliens offering set-ups and driving tips and their understanding when lapping the slower guys. If it wasn't for the guys at RD I'd still be bitching at the AI:D

I'm of a similar old phart age (though, some say, I look younger than you:p) and have tried other online races, and honestly, they did my head in - this place is totally unique, you won't find anywhere like it, and at a cost of less than a beer per week it's a no-brainer.

Whatever you do, all the best.

John

During this race I responded badly when knocked off the track by another driver and made thing worse by making regrettable posts on this thread. I was approached by the steward offline and apologized for my behavior ... but not banned.

Your post however, really drove the point home for me ... there is no place at RD for that type of unsportsmanlike behavior ... from anyone ... but especially RD Staff. After I read your post yesterday I immediately tendered my resignation from my staff position. I am very sorry for my behavior. My decision is final.

Well. All this is news to me. I was in race 1. I am usually at the back as I am an old fart with health issues and I dont usually if at all have any issues in any of the races I have entered.
To me, RD IS the best place to be to learn and have social races. Maybe this was a one-off.
EZ-Writer, you must enter the next race if you can as racing here is normally excellent. I wouldn't race anywhere else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back