AC Social Event: EU Advanced Driver Academy @ Laguna Seca - Mon 26Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think we can assume it will be today at 20:00 GMT and there was a little slip-up from the organizer, although it would be better to get this confirmed @Bobby Pennington :thumbsup:
19.gif

Yep, that's what happened and you are correct. It is today, Monday. Thank you for helping out:thumbsup:

Bobby, I missed my meds at lunchtime so feel absolutely dreadful right now. I need to go to bed and sleep.
Been waiting for this Academy. Thats life. So, apologies to you. Good luck to a reserve and I am going to cry now:cry::sleep::sleep::poop:

Bobby, I missed my meds at lunchtime so feel absolutely dreadful right now. I need to go to bed and sleep.
Been waiting for this Academy. Thats life. So, apologies to you. Good luck to a reserve and I am going to cry now:cry::sleep::sleep::poop:
Thank you Ken. Apology not needed, but accepted. I understand, a little, of what you are dealing with and hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care my friend.

Thanks for yesterday, it was a marathon session. I'm ridiculously slow and inconsistent. Practice makes better but training knowing what to do is obviously the key here.

Thanks to Jeremy and Tariq for this awesome academy session.
Last night I learned a lot about how to setup a car, and how setups can make my lap times more consistent.
Jeremy's setup at the end was awesome, also Tariq's setup was really fun to drive (i was faster with that) :thumbsup:

Oh man if i only would have known that the Academy takes that long, i'd have subscripted for another session for sure. My current schedule didn't allow me to participate until the end unfortunately. As long as i was in, i for sure learned useful stuff. I did know what all the setup changes mean on the car already, but i had not really an idea how they apply to characteristics of certain tracks, like bumpier or tracks with more cambers. Brilliant explanations.

Jeremy and Tariq, i don't know what you guys do for work, but you really should consider to go into training/teaching. I was amazed about how professional and compelling the session was structured. You guys really have talent, it sometimes almost felt like tv ;)

One last question.... how long did the session take in the end? (GMT) :laugh:

I would like to thank Jeremy and Tariq for their time, this session has become way longer than expected. I had many silly questions that became answered thoroughly. It was fun, exciting and very helpful.
I've been abusing Assetto Corsa from the day it became early access, mostly in single player. This academy helped me to gather my courage to try myself at online racing. I learned some new things about car control and close racing, and also about setups. I didn't believe a good setup can have that much of a difference on the car. :)

Thanks Tariq and Jeremy for this good stuff. For me it ended 02:15 am (GMT+3), i tried hard not to fall asleep :) during the lesson. A bit sleepy at work now but it was worth doing this. I remember taking some lessons from Bram about 10 years ago, but mostly about driving a rwd car and with Race07 game. Good old days :). After giving a long break, now i have to remember some basics and setup hints. It was helpful for me. Hope to do this again in a high level course ;)

Last edited:
I apologize if my mistake has caused you to have to sign out, but I really appreciate you doing so. I do hope you make it to one of these. We have a good time. Have a great week and don't forget the next academy will be announced on 5 March and hopefully this time yours truly will get the schedule right.
No worries and no apologies necessary :) I think we're just happy someone is even taking the time to do this - at least I am. I'll be back and in the mean time - have a good one! Brgds, P

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back