So... What's it like?

Installed this open beta after the horrible teaser editon and .................................. deleted it, again. Get real mode doesn't feel like anything special and FFB is still bad. It just doesn't work for me, feels too much like arcade game. Disappointment for me. Just my opinion.

Me too. I hope they get this right with the multiplayer otherwise its not going to compete with the like of rFactor2 and AC.

I just hope Simbin have something more interesting than just public lobbies. Something akin to a toned down iRacing is what I'm hoping for. Built in league tables of some sort and some kind of safety rating are essential to me if I am to pay more than a what a standard retail title costs.

This may be my problem. Ive run ati for years but got a 660 ti for xmas. Not too familiar with nvidia software but i think my cpu is working overtime because the fan has been kicking on. How do i get my gpu to 99 percent load? I have a phenom II x6 so i wasnt expecting any problems
The new Geforce 313.96 beta driver fixed the stuttering problem for me with no extra settings. With max settings in game I have a constant load of 98%.

Could some of this stutter be the old Steam doing its communicating in the background and causing a small stutter like some experienced in Race07? - not all people suffer from this and not all that do have solved the stutter by putting Steam into Offline mode but if you have a really high spec system that should processor and graphics card wise cope - it could be something to try and then report back if it does help the stuttering.

After testing some other controller setup suggestions, I made major strides in getting the FFB feel I was missing and WOW! I can now feel every bump and grip-threshold and the steering response is so much better as is the feel of the rear tires grip. I can honestly say that all those who are writing R3E off due to the lack of FFB are really missing out.

I will work on getting some images and settings together for the Logitech wheels for reference as it is a little complicated to set up and it goes against the normal "Sim Racing" controller settings that are commonly used. I have to thank MozzMann for his suggestions and knowledge about the Logitech Profiling software - all credit goes to him.:thumbsup:

After testing some other controller setup suggestions, I made major strides in getting the FFB feel I was missing and WOW! I can now feel every bump and grip-threshold and the steering response is so much better as is the feel of the rear tires grip. I can honestly say that all those who are writing R3E off due to the lack of FFB are really missing out.

I will work on getting some images and settings together for the Logitech wheels for reference as it is a little complicated to set up and it goes against the normal "Sim Racing" controller settings that are commonly used. I have to thank MozzMann for his suggestions and knowledge about the Logitech Profiling software - all credit goes to him.:thumbsup:

I use G25 and the FFB I feel is not bad at all. Not 100% as I miss some braking feeling and at times some curbs so looking forward to your setting! ;)

I use G25 and the FFB I feel is not bad at all. Not 100% as I miss some braking feeling and at times some curbs so looking forward to your setting! ;)
I can now feel things in the game that I didn't even know existed before - mega improvement in my steering - huge! This may be the best FFB I have experienced to date - not saying I had the best setup before though.

Well, I am kinda curious to that as well Racenut.
I drive with a G25, and installed the game yesterday. A little impression.

After staying away from all the teasers, screenshots, and rumours about the game, I managed to download the open beta without any pre-judgement, of expectations. THE way to see how you like a game without being influenced.
I started ut up, and did what I always do with a new game, start using it :) No settings adjustments, just out of the box, and on track. I think Simbins default setups for cars are not bad, so I trusted in this again. Selected my G25 as controler, and tried to get on track.
Man, that was hard. Really had to get used to the UI, and the buttons. After browsing through some menus, I found a quickrace, and started to drive with the default car, on the default track.
First impression, it feels like an arcade game. Probably to do with the fact that you can hit the wall full, and still continue as nothing happend. Also not sure if fuel usage and tirewear are turned on yet, as I did not get any difference during the drive in handling.

After getting to know the track a bit, I dropped out, and searched for a different car. Somewhat hidden, but I found the options, and noticed the most are indeed cars you need to buy. All in all, buying the whole content that is present now, already costs a lot of money compared to another (not claimed to be free to race) game. But there is a some kind of positive thing as well.

With the online leaderboard competitions, you can drive the cars for free indeed. At least the ones that where active now could. Now, when the competiton is over, you cant drive it anymore, so its temp, but its free. Cant deny that.

Then there is the handling. Now I am not the most experienced sim racing here, but to me it feels again like arcade driving. Now I am willing to give that one more chance if I get some decent settings, which should improve the feelings, but I really struggle to feel what my wheels are doing at what time. Could be me, but with the default settings, it's not ok for me in a simracing way.

All in all, in its current form, it's a nice arcade game for me, which I will probably not fire up anymore. I am not the kind of guy that likes hotlapping. I like racing. I try to drive fair, and do not cut and stuff, and that costs me so much time compared to those who do, that I never have a chance to get into high rankings anyway. Multiplayer game is essential to me, but with the prices for the cars, I fear multiplayer will be a tough one to get full grids on. Not sure how many people will buy the cars, as I also think the price is far to high for 1 car or track.

Final judgement so far, disapointed. It doesn;t cut it for me yet. I have it installed, and might start it once more, but I fear that in it's current form, it will not be reinstalled if I upgrade my computer, or do a reinstall of windows.

Well, I am kinda curious to that as well Racenut.
I drive with a G25, and installed the game yesterday. A little impression.

After staying away from all the teasers, screenshots, and rumours about the game, I managed to download the open beta without any pre-judgement, of expectations. THE way to see how you like a game without being influenced.
I started ut up, and did what I always do with a new game, start using it :) No settings adjustments, just out of the box, and on track. I think Simbins default setups for cars are not bad, so I trusted in this again. Selected my G25 as controler, and tried to get on track.
Man, that was hard. Really had to get used to the UI, and the buttons. After browsing through some menus, I found a quickrace, and started to drive with the default car, on the default track.
First impression, it feels like an arcade game. Probably to do with the fact that you can hit the wall full, and still continue as nothing happend. Also not sure if fuel usage and tirewear are turned on yet, as I did not get any difference during the drive in handling.

After getting to know the track a bit, I dropped out, and searched for a different car. Somewhat hidden, but I found the options, and noticed the most are indeed cars you need to buy. All in all, buying the whole content that is present now, already costs a lot of money compared to another (not claimed to be free to race) game. But there is a some kind of positive thing as well.

With the online leaderboard competitions, you can drive the cars for free indeed. At least the ones that where active now could. Now, when the competiton is over, you cant drive it anymore, so its temp, but its free. Cant deny that.

Then there is the handling. Now I am not the most experienced sim racing here, but to me it feels again like arcade driving. Now I am willing to give that one more chance if I get some decent settings, which should improve the feelings, but I really struggle to feel what my wheels are doing at what time. Could be me, but with the default settings, it's not ok for me in a simracing way.

All in all, in its current form, it's a nice arcade game for me, which I will probably not fire up anymore. I am not the kind of guy that likes hotlapping. I like racing. I try to drive fair, and do not cut and stuff, and that costs me so much time compared to those who do, that I never have a chance to get into high rankings anyway. Multiplayer game is essential to me, but with the prices for the cars, I fear multiplayer will be a tough one to get full grids on. Not sure how many people will buy the cars, as I also think the price is far to high for 1 car or track.

Final judgement so far, disapointed. It doesn;t cut it for me yet. I have it installed, and might start it once more, but I fear that in it's current form, it will not be reinstalled if I upgrade my computer, or do a reinstall of windows.
Are you sure you selected the Get Real mode?

tried it once more, with changed settings. Same conclusion, it's not my game.

Unintalled it, and will check it again in a few months. For now, it sucks to me. No feelings, no driving pleasure, no fun. I actually got bored with it during the 3rd lap orso. Never had that so quick.

To bad, as the sound and looks might have something promissing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.