So... What's it like?

It like a Simbin game.
Unfortunately over the years that has become multi-interpretative. Like the OP i am curious myself as well how certain parts of the game handle and as I dont have the time to really commit to the beta and I dont want to jump on board only to freeload.

Have only driven the GC version and the teaser and wasn't very impressed at the time so a bit more information would be nice. The current batch of screenshots however do look very promising and I hope they drive as good as they look.

Hmm it does seem to be quite simbin'ey from the steam demo but a bit more refined. Hard to tell as the physics seem a bit too predictable but that could just be the car in the demo. Was hoping to see a vid of the oldschool BMW in action as I'm more into street car racing with tail sliding action. Will see soon enough when assetto corsa starts unveiling more details and everyone else starts their defensive warfare videos

i never drove netkar i its beta stage so i dont know to be honest ;

but to be less flippant , your asking people to answer a question that they cant (NDA) and to compare that opinion to something that is finished ... also your asking someone to interpret a feeling into words that you will be able to assimilate and then understand .... it all gets a bit lost in the translation . so many factors can influence a decision , like what sort of car you drive in real life , has it power steering ; is it sporty , then transfer your knowledge base to a game that then you will try and tune to give you sensations so that you can interpret and act upon ... i have wheel settings for each mod i play , each car i drive in rf/nkp /gtr2 with tweaked ffb files etc ... and these games are finished .. then the wheel settings are transferred through the hardware which may not be the same as yours and finally it comes to the user...

im sure when it is finished it wont disappoint you on its release or if you get onto the closed beta ......

its worth waiting for

Andi

i own netkar , and have done since its early stages , i suppose we could call some of them a Beta ... but they were released as such .. what i meant was that i was never in a closed private testing of the pre-release stages of nkp ....
i would love to be testing assetto corsa... but hopefully the teaser will hit my hard drive very soon

Andi

All Sims/games feel different for each person. I for one think GSC is not sim at all and that Race 07 is brilliant. Different strokes for different folks. When driving there are certain things i look for, which could be totally different from what you look for. What would be interesting is to find out why you think its Arcade?

I used to love Race 07 and hav'nt really touched rfactor, but once i got a feel for GT legends i don't think ive hardly touched race 07.. And i do like my retro cars..
But i still cant wait to get a go with this new sim... I treat every sim as a sim in it own rights, i dont try to compare them to others, if i like it drive it.. plain and simple, why complicate things..
What ive found also is it can be the best sim in the world, and i don't have fun..
The guys you race with can make or brake a sim for me..:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 374 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%