So... What's it like?

Maybe I'm a cheapskate but I do find the tracks too expensive. If this was a standalone game I wouldn't hesitate spending full retail around £40. As it is I could end spending much more for all the tracks and cars I'd want and worse, end up with stuff that's never used online by others.

At the end of the day I'm just not a fan of F2P or the whole log into a central hub thing

The right controller setup is critical with R3E. Your typical settings may not work that well and the default Logitech settings can make it almost unplayable. You may want to check the R3E forums to see what is working for others.

Pleasantly surprised by this. The RUF is a good time and is a little snappy. The overall FFB effects are fantastic with my csr elite but there isnt much feedback under braking which makes it difficult to feel the car slowing down. The sounds are engaging and it looks pretty good, but i'm getting a bit if stutter at zandvordt with 120 FPS. You can definitely thrash the cars with less consequence than, lets say, the enduracers rfactor mod. The RUF will step out under acceleration, but is fairly easy to save with a quick counter. The get real mode is a nice addition as well although it doesnt add much more difficulty. I really like the sense of speed and coupling that with the sound makes you feel like youre flying around the track. Very cool.

The real disappointment was the modeling of zandvordt. I've spent a lot of time on iracing's laser scanned version and Simbin's version is very very different. A lot of Rfactor tracks arent even close as well though, and I get used to it eventually.

Overall a good package and I can see myself investing some money into it :)

I
The sounds are engaging and it looks pretty good, but i'm getting a bit if stutter at zandvordt with 120 FPS.

I'm getting stutter too with similar FPS as you. Even when I limit FPS to 58 FPS there is a huge amount of tearing. I can't play it in it's current state.

Also when using a realistic FOV with triple screens the head bob / world movement is too much and makes me feel sick. There is no way to adjust it to my knowledge. You also can't assign seat adjustment controls to anything other than the keyboard. There goes my button box.

The RRE forums are dead so they are of no help.

Quite disapointed as I would really like to play it.

If the R3E forum is dead, wat am I? a zombie?
For everybody with a decent GPU (560, 660 and up) and suffer some stuttering, ad more higher settings to the Nvidia controlpanel or NV inspector.
I was having stutters when the GPU load dropped under 80%, now I have 99% load and a smooth game.

If the R3E forum is dead, wat am I? a zombie?
For everybody with a decent GPU (560, 660 and up) and suffer some stuttering, ad more higher settings to the Nvidia controlpanel or NV inspector.
I was having stutters when the GPU load dropped under 80%, now I have 99% load and a smooth game.

What can I do for ATI? I have all maxed out and it runs quite smooth...though at times, I get some stuttering, especially if I crash.

Guys, I wanted to add, check the "View of Field" setting as I found that it made a HUGE difference to the feeling of the car...

Game 2013-01-31 13-59-05-42.jpg

What can I do for ATI? I have all maxed out and it runs quite smooth...though at times, I get some stuttering, especially if I crash.
I use 32x csaa but I don't know about ATI
http://cbt.raceroomracing.com/forum/post/9025/ this link is a post I made at the dead R3E forum and Nivdia Inspector file.
Here are Nvidia settings made by Andi
Ambient Occlusion =quality
Aniostrpic filtering =16x
Antiliasing fxaa =on
Antialiasing Gamma correction =on
Antialiasing mode =overide any application settings
Antialiasing setting =32x csaa
Antialiasing transparency = off
Cuda Gpu =All
maximum prerendered frames = 1
single display performance
power management = prefer max performance
Texture filtering Aniostropic sample opti = off
texture filtering negative Lod bias = clamp
texture filtering = High quality
texture filtering - trilinear optimization = on
threaded optimization =on
triple buffering = off
vertical sync =off

feels strange, i am not getting really warm, somehow not connected

Looks lush mate :)
Have you made any changes to the FFB settings. Best thing I've done since testing it was to make some changes after reading this thread and trying out SimRacer92's settings (I had to lower the FFB cos he must have arms like popeye :D ) The car suddenly felt like it belonged on the road...that's how I found it anyway :)

I have seat adjustment assigned on my CSW rotary/POV switch (U,D,L,R)
What buttons/keys are you assigned to your button box? I understand number keys cannot be assigned as they're reserved in game. Although I already made my point to them about that ;)

I tried assigning it to the dpad on the Xbox 360 controller and also the face buttons. I also assigned it to different buttons on my button box.

The only thing that worked was assigning the seat adjustments to the keyboard.

Although the seat adjustments are not a major problem, I can't play it with the stutter and excessive head bob / world movement.

"Pre-rendered frames" to 1 eliminated my stuttering (Nvidia). I find that I get used to the world movement after a while and it's not a problem. Hopefully, they will have adjustments for that later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back