So what do we think of the "new" RRe?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Im new so haven't had a lot of experience with this game, but plenty with old simbin games AC RF2 GSC etc etc.

This opinion also is just based on the free content and a very early opinion at that.

FFB= Love it best out there for me atm
CONTENT=some of the best tracks in the world. Cars are mainly tintops with lots of LMPs, wonder if planned for any open wheelers?
AI=atm good challenging not afraid to overtake and fast, make mistakes. I like!
HANDLING=somewhere between shift 2 and AC (more towards AC) not quite RF2 imo.
GFX & AUDIO=some of the best out there too especially audio wow!! like the new UI too

well im gonna wait for them to fix the purchasing probs then ill be on my way to buying some tracks and cars.

One thing will there be a custom season eventually like race07?

cheers good work S3.. you have rekindled my faith in the exsimbin studio..

Last edited:
Ok, ive tried it and It much better, but im not sure if I like it that much. Must test more.

My problems are that wheel hard to adjust just right, feels way to strong right now.
And I hava a huge imput lag from my wheel to the ingame wheel.

How does one reduce imput lag?

lack of performance on my radeon 7950 video card. I use high setting, but even turn on medium,still have only 40 fps. What parameter eats much of my gpu? :)
FXAA and shadow split

I use high settings but didn't touch motion blur. With these 2 off I have 80+fps. Enabled it's only 30.

Raceroom Raceway isn't going to tempt most people to spend money on this product. A famous real world track is more likely to do so.
I couldnt agree more.... im testing RR for a possible purchase, and i cant get a feel for the AI on that fake track.. One free real world track would show potential buyers like me the true motorsport experience. At the moment racing on that fake track feels somewhat like forza :( and hate to say it arcadey?!

I've done some more laps today and I must say it is really nice.
The FFB is very nice, it is hard not to like it ;). But I must add to set it up propperly you really need to know what oyu are doing and that is not that easy if you are not familiar with race rooom. The german translation is horrible, I had to set it back to english to set it up again.

The steering lock should be a part of the setup IMO. I needed longer to get that right also.
But as an rf2 fan I am so jellous on those sky colors and clouds man, that is some beatifull work done here. Generally I like the color palete of this game. The performance is kinda not as I expected it. Seems more demanding. Had huge imput lag at the start till I lowered the settings, but hey that's what settings are for right?

Physics wise can't say to much yet but there is certanly nothing odd. The cars behave nice and respond also nice to imputs. Like the throttle response here. Nothing tuned down here certanly.

I have still to fidle a bit with the FFB to get it nailed but all in all this is great seriously. :thumbsup:

So far I really like it. Physics are very nice & the AI is fun to race with. Glad they went to a 900' degree wheel setting. Steering feels great! I do think steering lock should be adjusted in the garage instead of the options menu. The placement of the in game overlays are annoying because they block out my dash. We either need the option to move them or at least make them smaller. As far as the game content itself they should get rid of the vRP pricing & stick to real world currencies. To me $6.00 for a car sounds a lot better than 550vRP.

Yesterday's update doesn't stop our work in studio.

Small visual leak about upcoming updates, new fog implementation in game (it depends on lighting and time of day and later it will be different on each track), improved shaders and textures, new RBR will contain also small improvements in already updated road surface.

https://www.facebook.com/Sector3studio/posts/1464617413820831

There are usually a couple of events in the "Competitions" section which allow you to try out different cars on different courses.

I couldnt agree more.... im testing RR for a possible purchase, and i cant get a feel for the AI on that fake track.. One free real world track would show potential buyers like me the true motorsport experience. At the moment racing on that fake track feels somewhat like forza :( and hate to say it arcadey?!

Just tried the multiplayer today. That was a blast!

First, i must say that i'm not a proper sim-racer. I just love competition without any practice and delving too deep into the setups. I use a keyboard to drive.

Thanks to Amateur server, i could race against the people on my level with no lag and no bugs. It was a very smooth experience and i have never had so much fun in Race 07 online races. Ghosting to avoid too appearent collisions is awesome to stop intentional rammers.

Only problem is the way too aggressive AI who rams you out of track constantly. But it is also very challenging and keeps around your level with it's adaptive system. That is great! For you never fly away, also you never fall back massively.

And all of this for Free. Amazing job by Sector 3! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back