AC Skoda Cup @ Laguna Seca - Monday 18 Nov 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@640er

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on your forum profile. Painful I know, but it is the only way of knowing who you are (on the servers)

• Deleted member 855537

Sorry that was not the car for me, was no point in continue.

@640er

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on your forum profile. Painful I know, but it is the only way of knowing who you are (on the servers)
yeah sorry for that. I changed my TS-username in advance to my real name but as i`ve learned now, that is not the name displayed in the channel.

Anyway, it was a pleasure had a lot of fun. Even though i did a Vettel starting from pole position :D

Thanks, Craig for organising. Apparantly I'm a hard learner. I didn't try on forehand if the clutch pedal would work on this car.:O_o: It doesn't so I got a drive through penalty. Later I had some battles with John en Ernie which were fun. Second race I started behind John who had a lousy start. I went to the outside to pass him but there was another car which I didn't see. So I bumped back hitting John who did a 90 then. At first I drove on while thinking if it was my fault or not. My conclusion was yes so I waited for John in turn 1. So my apologies, John, for basically ruining your race. :notworthy: The rest of the race I was chasing Raresch but could not significally decrease the gap.

Congrats to the podiumguys. Nice laptimes!:thumbsup: Hope to see you all Wednesday in the Green Hell! And now I'm going to try right away if the Audi uses the clutch pedal:giggle:

Last edited:
Nice race guys, trouble free in fact. I hope you all had some fun.

Congrads to the podiums in both races :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:

Next Monday we race the crazy EA86, a very fun car to driver ...get urself on the practice server, I am sure you will agree ...hope to see you all on the grid :thumbsup:

Wed 20 Oreca FLM09 @ Donington

Mon 25 AE86 Tuned @ Zandvoort
Craig, Donington is the 27th.

....Later I had some battles with John en Ernie which were fun. Second race I started behind John who had a lousy start. I went to the outside to pass him but there was another car which I didn't see. So I bumped back hitting John who did a 90 then. At first I drove on while thinking if it was my fault or not. My conclusion was yes so I waited for John in turn 1. So my apologies, John, for basically ruining your race.....
No worries, always good to race with you Han :thumbsup:

I can't blame anyone for the start of the 2nd race - started from the back in the 1st race 'cos with the clutch not working on this car if you only have paddles it's a disaster off the line - huge discrepancies with those using manual gears and those without. The engine 'pulses', when you engage 1st... if you're lucky you hit the high end of the pulse and you're away... I hit the low end of the turbo pulse, hence the sh!t start. Steen got a great start, the two of you collided and hit me - I think I used the 'F' word, due to having to do a 3 point turn ffs:laugh::p

Look on the bright side, the clutch works on the Audi for the Weds Nurburgring event;)

Congrats to the podium chappies, huge thanks to @Craig Dunkley for putting it on.... but f*** me, after this I'm looking forward to Wednesday :roflmao::p

Last edited:
I used the pulse method in the second race and got a flyer John.:)

Must give @HF2000 a big well done in the first race, fantastic overtake on me, i remember thinking I’m alright here no need to defend, suddenly Han’s fly’s by, controls the car perfectly and neatly blast it out of the corner leaving me for dust.:(

Thankyou @Craig Dunkley for the event, still amazed at the pace of the front runners, it was a pleasure being in the same race.:thumbsup:

No worries, always good to race with you Han :thumbsup:

I can't blame anyone for the start of the 2nd race - started from the back in the 1st race 'cos with the clutch not working on this car if you only have paddles it's a disaster off the line - huge discrepancies with those using manual gears and those without. The engine 'pulses', when you engage 1st... if you're lucky you hit the high end of the pulse and you're away... I hit the low end of the turbo pulse, hence the sh!t start. Steen got a great start, the two of you collided and hit me - I think I used the 'F' word, due to having to do a 3 point turn ffs:laugh::p

Look on the bright side, the clutch works on the Audi for the Weds Nurburgring event;)

Congrats to the podium chappies, huge thanks to @Craig Dunkley for putting it on.... but f*** me, after this I'm looking forward to Wednesday :roflmao::p
My first race was good. I started and finished on 7 and as long as I was above @Medilloni I am good :D:D:p

Regarding the pulses and no pulses, I was practicing launches when going out of pits. And what I saw was that if I press progressively and hold it in the red, the turbo stays active so you can launch. Used this and took 2 position until the first corner. Too bad that I've hit someone and had to wait (d*** curb) in the second race.

Did anyone have any performance issues? I had terrible frame stuttering in both races - with the addition of broken audio in the second. My GTX 1080ti was running @ 20-25%, effectively throttled by my AMD R5 3600 cpu (new-ish system) :cry: . A veritable VR puke-fest.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%