AC Skoda Cup @ Laguna Seca - Monday 18 Nov 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi @all
I am new here and at Simracing but i was looking for a nice place to start with. Just got my premium account and would like to join this race.
Good news and if you like we can well use some more drivers on the Sunday multiclass event on Monza. I don't know how experienced you are but I think for beginners Monza with a GT3 car will be easier than Laguna Seca with the Skoda. There are also plenty of setups available for the GT3 cars.

Good news and if you like we can well use some more drivers on the Sunday multiclass event on Monza. I don't know how experienced you are but I think for beginners Monza with a GT3 car will be easier than Laguna Seca with the Skoda. There are also plenty of setups available for the GT3 cars.
Thanks but unfortunatly i don´t have any of the Packs. I will wait until Christmas, maybe i can make a bargain.

A question regarding this race. Race time is listed with 25 Minutes. What does this exactly mean? After 25mins of racing, the last lap starts? And there is nothing like mandatory pit stops etc. so i can go whith whatever tyres and strategy i want? Currently i am practicing with soft tyres and lowest pressure and i am not sure, if they will make the distance.

Hi @all
I am new here and at Simracing but i was looking for a nice place to start with. Just got my premium account and would like to join this race.

Welcome aboard m8 ...you of course are welcome to join us, please do not be concerned about your pace, we all started somewhere and that is normally at the rear. Our main priority is that you have fun! ..any questions? just message me :thumbsup:

Thanks but unfortunatly i don´t have any of the Packs. I will wait until Christmas, maybe i can make a bargain.

A question regarding this race. Race time is listed with 25 Minutes. What does this exactly mean? After 25mins of racing, the last lap starts? And there is nothing like mandatory pit stops etc. so i can go with whatever tyres and strategy i want? Currently i am practicing with soft tyres and lowest pressure and i am not sure, if they will make the distance.

Yes correct, it means we will be racing for 25 mins ..during practice (get there early) you will see the lap times that are being achieved ...add around 2 seconds a lap and you will have race pace ....so lets say 2 minutes a lap and it is a 25 minute race - 25 divide by 2 = just over 12 laps, so call it a 13 lap race, best to be on the safe side

So now you know it will be a 13 lap race ..you can now work out what tires you need and fuel by practice.

I will be there to help you and give advice on tires fuel and laps until you get the right idea.

So please do not worry, I will be there for you until you no longer need me :thumbsup:

It may sound complicated, but honestly it becomes very easy.

Last edited:
Yes correct, it means we will be racing for 25 mins ..during practice (get there early) you will see the lap times that are being achieved ...add around 2 seconds a lap and you will have race pace ....so lets say 2 minutes a lap and it is a 25 minute race - 25 divide by 2 = just over 12 laps, so call it a 13 lap race, best to be on the safe side

So now you know it will be a 13 lap race ..you can now work out what tires you need and fuel by practice.

I will be there to help you and give advice on tires fuel and laps until you get the right idea.

So please do not worry, I will be there for you until you no longer need me :thumbsup:

or you can open a sheet make 2 columns: total time and time lap and then you a formula in the third one :)) and voila: you get laps.

Sounds great thanks. 13 laps is less then expected, my tires will be pleased :)

Sorry @Craig Dunkley I won't be doing this one, though thanks as always for putting it on :thumbsup:

E0NU4CV.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back