Skin DDS issues

So I somehow messed up my files to where previous custom skins still work just fine, but anything after a certain point mainly 2 cars with COMPLETELY different skins are somehow connected so when one changes they both change, and only those two cars in unison, and i cannot after hours of messing with the game figure out how to fix it, plus it is showing my natural skin.dds is not what is should be and cannot figure out to get to fix that either. It is the txDiffuse in CMshowroom the skin.dds file is not what it should be and i cannot get the changes to default it to stay, or find the default file. EVEN IF the skin file is a completely different name and color, the game forces the other file to override somehow and i cannot find anything wrong with the files i have, so what is the root problem? any help would be great thanks!!!

1. it is reading files that either are not in the proper place, files to skins that i have not included the folder for, yet somehow it is "magically" reading the file from nowhere that i can find...
2. Any skin i try to replace with it does not appear, it keeps the same exact file that im trying to override but cannot.
3. this skin keeps forcing itself to change with any new skin folder i try to include with the car, and have uninstalled the car and re-intalled it, replaced folders, reboot of computer, etc. nothing has worked.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea