'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi Michael,
I'm not sure I can. Kunos provided no info what they have changed in shared memory telemetry.
What I've seen so far is just old AC shared memory structure. It worked not half too bad before the update 0.7.
If anyone have more information about ACC telemetry than me, please, share.

Upvote 0
I have an issue this morning, yesterday all was fine. I am getting this message:
"looks like SimShaker-Wheel.exe file is quarantined or remove by antiviral software and could not be found by Launcher. etc….."
I do not know how to fix it, but should not happen in the first place, I have not made any changes on my PC during the night. Can you help?

Edit, as I looked further, I found the Threat History in my Window defender, it says Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B.

I still don't know what to do, I do not like it, what is going on?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have an issue this morning, yesterday all was fine. I am getting this message:
"looks like SimShaker-Wheel.exe file is quarantined or remove by antiviral software and could not be found by Launcher. etc….."
I do not know how to fix it, but should not happen in the first place, I have not made any changes on my PC during the night. Can you help?

Edit, as I looked further, I found the Threat History in my Window defender, it says Trojan:Win32/Occamy.B.

I still don't know what to do, I do not like it, what is going on?
Dont worry it is not a virus,trojan or something....basicaly from what I know - antivirus programs sometimes see it like problem, because of the encryption made to protect the software from cracking...or sort of:)
Add it in exclusion list and everything will be fine!

Upvote 0
Dont worry it is not a virus,trojan or something....basicaly from what I know - antivirus programs sometimes see it like problem, because of the encryption made to protect the software from cracking...or sort of:)
Add it in exclusion list and everything will be fine!
it always work before, why is it suddenly seen as a threat? I did not do anything during the night.

Upvote 0
Same happened to me before - just ones was seen like dangerous file, but as I said it is not!:)

Easy for you to say, I am not comfortable leaving my PC unprotected, I would not have installed this software to start with if it had been the case to start with. It was working fine until yesterday, it need to be corrected from the software side. Something obviously is different since yesterday and it is seen as a threat now.
Are you involved with SimShaker?

Upvote 0
Easy for you to say, I am not comfortable leaving my PC unprotected, I would not have installed this software to start with if it had been the case to start with. It was working fine until yesterday, it need to be corrected from the software side. Something obviously is different since yesterday and it is seen as a threat now.
Are you involved with SimShaker?
I am not involved, just give my oppinion to calm you down...you are overscared:) I dont think that overnight something is autoupdated and became different than the day before...maybe your virus definitions updated and now react...for what you said that will not even installed SSW if you knew this - Well that put you in possition of slave of your antivirus...I think it is an opposite - they gotta be our slaves and to serve!:)

Upvote 0
Easy for you to say, I am not comfortable leaving my PC unprotected

He never said anything of the sort, adding a file/exe to the exclusion list of an antivirus program does not leave the rest of your PC unprotected, this is a perfectly normal situation and why antivirus programs allow you to do this in the first place, even Windows own protection.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

Seems like you haven’t used PC’s much, something changed when you changed nothing? Welcome to the world of Windows.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Guys,
lately there was way too much false positive detections of SimShaker - Wheels by antiviral software as something awfully frightening. I understand your concern about that, as the software developer I'm very much concerned too. I've published SimShaker - Wheels version 3.6 which as I expect will be more "antiviral software friendly" and make our lives easier.
In this version 3.6 I've also tried to workaround ACC 0.7.x telemetry issue caused Road Surface/Bump Effect not to work. Since this is just a workaround you will probably like it less than a regular effect we had before ACC 0.7.x and still have in AC. But I think it's better than nothing.
As usually in order to get this update you should start SimShaker - Wheels Launcher twice. Happy racing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you @=Andre= I updated to 3.6, but now I get a message saying:
"Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor. Click here to send this error to the deployment server and check for known solution to this problem".:( I clicked to send the error.
Thank you also for replying to my email this morning.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same here, but that doesnt mean Cote Dazur doing something wrong, just sometimes happens and no need to be scared...put "exclusion" and you are good to go. Ofcourse that can be done for trusted software like this one as so many fellow simracers confirm that is trusted!;)

Upvote 0
Guys, following to my request to Microsoft Security Intelligence centre they removed SimShaker - Wheels version 3.6 detection as dangerous on April 13. If anyone still has issues with Windows Defender please try to update its protection definitions.
2019-04-14 04-47-58 Windows Security.png

Edit: Microsoft Windows Defender Response kindly informed me that they excluded SimShaker – Wheels versions 3.4 and 3.5 as well 3.6 from their current threats definition list. Please update your Windows Defender definitions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i cannot start the software since today
yesterday it worked fine
this is the log file that gets created after a window pops up saying:
"Application cannot be started. Contat the application vendor."

Code:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.17134.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    clr.dll             : 4.7.3394.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    dfdll.dll             : 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.17134.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/simshaker-wheels/release/SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.application
                        Server        : Microsoft-IIS/10.0
                        X-Powered-By    : ASP.NET

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity        : SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.application, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4dfd75aa1efd444c, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/simshaker-wheels/release/SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [14-Apr-19 11:55:16] : Activation of http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/simshaker-wheels/release/SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.application has started.
    * [14-Apr-19 11:55:16] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [14-Apr-19 11:55:16] System.ArgumentException
        - Value does not fall within the expected range.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
            at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    * Transaction at [14-Apr-19 11:55:16]
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
            - HRESULT: 0x0
        + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
            - HRESULT: 0x0

Upvote 0
If auto update failed and nothing seems to be helpful, you can download zip archive of SimShaker - Wheels current version 3.6 here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtZazqt_Ko-7gYsLgMRKj3vN6_bGhQ
Unzip all files to any location on your PC hard drive and create a shortcut for SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher application file or start it directly.
Note: In this case provided by Microsoft ClickOnce deployment system auto-updates and roll backs will be disabled and you will need to update and back up the application manually.

Edit: I've added this info to SimShaker - Wheels online User Guide, so you can refer to it as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%