Resource icon

Apps SimMidi SimMidi V2.41a

Login or Register an account to download this content
yes. you can add games and value settings into the provided udp source and send it to SimMidi. Its written in C#.

UserI1-4, UserD1-4 is the way to go. If you set values for those in the simhub udp provider you can get led support for the encoders.
Awesome thx

Hey! I'm trying to get this working on an Akai MPD232. Trying to get encoders working but no matter which way I jig the config, can't get it to send encoder minus values to vJoy. Encoder plus works fine, as does most everything else.

Simmidi sees midi value 1 for plus and 127 for minus. I have following set in generalsettings config:
Code:
"UnknownEncMinusValueStart": 127,
  "UnknownEncMinusValueEnd": 120,
  "UnknownEncPlusValueStart": 1,
  "UnknownEncPlusValueEnd": 8,
... and this in joystickcontrol config:
Code:
{
      "$type": "SimMidi.JoystickControl, SimMidi",
      "IsButton": true,
      "ButtonNumber": 1,
      "HidUsage": 0,
      "MaxAnalogValue": 0,
      "Mapping": {
        "$type": "SimMidi.Mapping, SimMidi",
        "DeviceId": 0,
        "DeviceName": "MPD232",
        "MidiElementId": 0,
        "MidiChannel": 1,
        "MidiControlId": 50,
        "IsPitchPendMsg": false,
        "IsControlChangeMsg": true,
        "IsNoteOnChangeMsg": false,
        "MidiValue": 0,
        "FaderMode": false,
        "ButtonMode": false,
        "SwitchMode": false,
        "SwitchOn": false,
        "EncoderMode": true,
        "IsEncoderPlus": false,
        "IsEncoderMinus": true,
        "EncoderPlusMidiValuesStart": 0,
        "EncoderPlusMidiValuesEnd": 0,
        "EncoderMinusMidiValuesStart": 0,
        "EncoderMinusMidiValuesEnd": 0,
        "isSpecialMode": 0,
        "MidiWrapped11Value": 0
      }

Changing EncoderMinusMidiValuesStart etc. doesn't seem to make any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, so the akai sends 127 for minus? If so, i will have a look into the source.

try this SimMidiGeneralSettings.config:

{
"$type": "SimMidi.GeneralSetting, SimMidi",
"VJoyId": 2,
"VJoyModeOnly": false,
"AhkModeOnly": false,
"AutoLoadCarSettings": true,
"AutoSaveCarSettings": false,
"UDP_Port": 27272,
"XTouchGlobalMidiChannel": 1,
"XTouchHUIMidiChannel": 0,
"UnknownEncMinusValueStart": 120,
"UnknownEncMinusValueEnd": 127,

"HShifterGearDelayMs": 150,
"ActiveGame": "",
"ActiveGameSelected": 0
}

PS replace only the two bold lines!

Last edited:
Hi, so the akai sends 127 for minus? If so, i will have a look into the source.

try this SimMidiGeneralSettings.config:

{
"$type": "SimMidi.GeneralSetting, SimMidi",
"VJoyId": 2,
"VJoyModeOnly": false,
"AhkModeOnly": false,
"AutoLoadCarSettings": true,
"AutoSaveCarSettings": false,
"UDP_Port": 27272,
"XTouchGlobalMidiChannel": 1,
"XTouchHUIMidiChannel": 0,
"UnknownEncMinusValueStart": 120,
"UnknownEncMinusValueEnd": 127,

"HShifterGearDelayMs": 150,
"ActiveGame": "",
"ActiveGameSelected": 0
}

PS replace only the two bold lines!
That works perfectly, thank you! Kicking myself 'cause I'm sure I tried reversing those values but I guess I only tried it in JoystickControl.config (It doesn't look like those values have any effect at all, at least for my controller).

Thanks again!

Last edited:
bonjour j'ai un souci avec le logiciel. j'ai une table de mixage midi et quand je bouge le fader le logiciel s'emballe.
PS: je bouge le fader doucement.

Hi there! First of all, thanks for creating and sharing this, certainly appreciated. I am new to AC/ACC and want to setup a couple of older midi controllers which I've not been using lately (the AKAI LPD8 and Traktor Kontrol F1).

The program does recognize both devices, and, I wanted to create a hotkeys script, yet, I keep getting the following ERROR: "Select one AHK mapping first!" Yet, that is exactly what I am trying to create, so, I am certainly missing an "easy" one here. I basically highlight led mapping and AHK scripts found windows, then, try to create the AHK mapping.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. I initially tried using vJoy, yet, got frustrated with lack of recognizing the midi's.

I changed my process flow around and seems I made some progress and saved to game. Yet, when used within game trying to map, system does not recognize the LPD8.

@all due to the low cost of the xtouch, i will focus from now on only on this controller.
That means other midi controllers will get only basic support until you are willing to send me one ;-)

pls also read the manual and tell me what is not understandable.

PS: I know it is a complex setup process....

Last edited:
Made some additional progress, all the setup was completed, and, SimMIdi shows all the output upon pressing my LPD8 pads and rotating the encoders. The only challenge now is having ACC recognize the input from LPD8-to-SimMidi-to-ACC. I tried setting Ignition & Start as a practice within the Wheel, Gamepad, then Keyboard with no success. I was under the impression that they would be an area of "other" devices or such. Can someone post a pic when they connect showing where/how the X-Touch or other device shows up. That would be greatly appreciated. I will post my flow once I complete a successful setup, along with appropriate feedback to help others with similar device.
IMG_7316.jpg

Last edited:
Hey! I'm trying to get this working on an Akai MPD232. Trying to get encoders working but no matter which way I jig the config, can't get it to send encoder minus values to vJoy. Encoder plus works fine, as does most everything else.

Would you mind sharing your setup & how you connected this other AKAI midi? Thank you!

Last edited:
UIPDATE = was able to successfully (finally!) trigger response on both pads and encoders within game settings and test within game. Now, will go back and reset what I really wanted to program within each encoder/pad. Still need to figure out ranges of items such as brake balance, etc..

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, in the docs all the functions for AMS2 are '-'. Does this mean it's not supported by AMS2? Or something else?

UIPDATE = was able to successfully (finally!) trigger response on both pads and encoders within game settings and test within game. Now, will go back and reset what I really wanted to program within each encoder/pad. Still need to figure out ranges of items such as brake balance, etc..
Hi there, do you still have this setup?

I am able to map everything on my LPD8 MK2, issue is that after pushing the buttons once on the LPD8, the buttons stay pressed in VJoy.
Knobs to axis are working fine however.

https://github.com/c0redumb/midi2vjoy/issues/4 some reference to why this is occuring

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-19 182611.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-19 182611.png
    10 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes