Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I want to use ShakeIt (thru SimHub) in iRacing with 2 motors, but I cannot get the motors to spin at all. I have an Arduino UNO (Genuine) and a board which purports to be a Motor Shield V2 but has a red power LED, so I think it's non-genuine. I have gone through the tutorials, hooked everything up correctly (all connections seem good), and SimHub only connects to the Arduino if I select DK motor shield. Otherwise (select Adafruit Motorshield) it says Unrecognised. I also tried putting a different DisplayClientV2 file in the _Addons\Arduino file, but that causes all compiles to fail (though it still connects). I go to test motor in the motors outputs mixer, ramp everything up to 100%, and still nothing. I'm new with Arduino and new with SimHub. I've bought a lot of hardware and I can't get it to work. I think I've tried everything. I would appreciate any help.

Hi, I want to use ShakeIt (thru SimHub) in iRacing with 2 motors, but I cannot get the motors to spin at all. I have an Arduino UNO (Genuine) and a board which purports to be a Motor Shield V2 but has a red power LED, so I think it's non-genuine. I have gone through the tutorials, hooked everything up correctly (all connections seem good), and SimHub only connects to the Arduino if I select DK motor shield. Otherwise (select Adafruit Motorshield) it says Unrecognised. I also tried putting a different DisplayClientV2 file in the _Addons\Arduino file, but that causes all compiles to fail (though it still connects). I go to test motor in the motors outputs mixer, ramp everything up to 100%, and still nothing. I'm new with Arduino and new with SimHub. I've bought a lot of hardware and I can't get it to work. I think I've tried everything. I would appreciate any help.

Hi ! Considering the symptoms it looks like your Motor shield V2 is dead,

DK motor shield is a simpler board, so if you enable it, the arduino will work, even if the board is not present or alive, but the motors won't work, it's normal.

So seen the fact that the arduino is not recognized when you enable the correct board (which does not tolerate fails since it's based on I2C communication) it means that your motor shield is probably defective and the arduino can't start (it's pretty common to the communication technology behind the motor shield V2. ) That's why no matter what you can do you won't get it back to life. you should ask for a replacement to your seller.

Another clue, is it really a motor shield v2 ? (or clones, it doesn't really matters...). Could you give a link to your shield ? I've seen some people recently confound the "adafruit motor shield V2" with the "Arduino Motor Shield v3" (it's definitely not the same board), they are not compatible.

Hello Wotever.
This behaviour is in iRacing.
Any idea?

King regards.

I took a look yesterday but I couldn't reproduce it, maybe I'm not using the same way to connect as a spectator. Could you send me a short replay while it happens ?
To do it, when it happens, simply press record, wait one minute or two while simhub records the live data, then press "live" to stop the record :
upload_2018-8-20_18-26-20.png

It will generate a replay file in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Replays\Iracing , could you send it to me ?

Hi Wotever, I hope all is well. I created a leaderboard for rF2. I have been using it successfully using a secondary screen using HDMI, this while racing single class. I will be racing in a league with two classes and I would like to have the full grid on the leaderboard. I changed the option to report multiclass and it works as expected. I would like to add a different color font to differentiate the classes. I looked everywhere on how to do that without success. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for the great app. Cheers, Juan

I took a look yesterday but I couldn't reproduce it, maybe I'm not using the same way to connect as a spectator. Could you send me a short replay while it happens ?
To do it, when it happens, simply press record, wait one minute or two while simhub records the live data, then press "live" to stop the record : View attachment 265622

It will generate a replay file in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Replays\Iracing , could you send it to me ?
Not possible yet.
The behaviour oc pura when racing 24h of Lemans by teams. When same guy of my team was driving, I was in iracing interface, watching my team mate driving and my seat still shake.

Thank you.

Hi Wotever, I hope all is well. I created a leaderboard for rF2. I have been using it successfully using a secondary screen using HDMI, this while racing single class. I will be racing in a league with two classes and I would like to have the full grid on the leaderboard. I changed the option to report multiclass and it works as expected. I would like to add a different color font to differentiate the classes. I looked everywhere on how to do that without success. Can you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for the great app. Cheers, Juan
Hi, I'm affraid it's not supported out of box, however if you are using the layer repeat feature,
A function like this in "opponenetTextColor': if(drivercarclass(repeatindex())=='Class1','#FF0000','#0000FF') would do the trick (assuming there is only one class)
If you are not using autorepeat, simply replace 'repeatindex()' with the position of the row: if(drivercarclass(0)=='Class1','#FF0000','#0000FF')

Thank you for the quick response Wotever. It is two classes. LMP2 and GTE. I want to get a different color font for each class. In your example, I assume I just use a different color for Class2, right?

Thank you for the quick response Wotever. It is two classes. LMP2 and GTE. I want to get a different color font for each class. In your example, I assume I just use a different color for Class2, right?
Actually it's implicit :D assuming there are only two classes, if it's not 'class 1" then it can only be "class 2" : if(drivercarclass(repeatindex())=='Class1','#FF0000','#0000FF')
#FF0000 is for class1
#0000FF is for class2

Sorry corrected the misspelling.
I've took an additionnal look, on my side when joining as spectator, indeed simhub connnects as if it was in race, but it seems that iracing does not gives any data in this condition. I've added a test, to disconnect anyway in this situation. I hope it will be enough. If somehow you fall in the same situation do not hesitate to provide me the record so I can check if my fix will be enough.

I've took an additionnal look, on my side when joining as spectator, indeed simhub connnects as if it was in race, but it seems that iracing does not gives any data in this condition. I've added a test, to disconnect anyway in this situation. I hope it will be enough. If somehow you fall in the same situation do not hesitate to provide me the record so I can check if my fix will be enough.
Thx mate!

Hi ! Considering the symptoms it looks like your Motor shield V2 is dead,

DK motor shield is a simpler board, so if you enable it, the arduino will work, even if the board is not present or alive, but the motors won't work, it's normal.

So seen the fact that the arduino is not recognized when you enable the correct board (which does not tolerate fails since it's based on I2C communication) it means that your motor shield is probably defective and the arduino can't start (it's pretty common to the communication technology behind the motor shield V2. ) That's why no matter what you can do you won't get it back to life. you should ask for a replacement to your seller.

Another clue, is it really a motor shield v2 ? (or clones, it doesn't really matters...). Could you give a link to your shield ? I've seen some people recently confound the "adafruit motor shield V2" with the "Arduino Motor Shield v3" (it's definitely not the same board), they are not compatible.
Hi Wotever, thanks for your quick reply. The red LED power light comes on on the motor shield but that’s about it. I think the board is a clone from DK Electronics. I bought it off eBay, the listing has lots of pictures: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/282866223142
I hope that link works...
Thanks again!

Hi Wotever, thanks for your quick reply. The red LED power light comes on on the motor shield but that’s about it. I think the board is a clone from DK Electronics. I bought it off eBay, the listing has lots of pictures: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/282866223142
I hope that link works...
Thanks again!

Well it's a motor shield v2 clone, so what I wrote previously is still revelant.

I've joined you the official adafruit test sketch for the board so you can check your board outside of simhub : http://www.mediafire.com/file/krs8b5dto11xx48/DCMotorTest.rar it will make the motor 1 move . To compile and upload it you can use the simhub embedded arduino which contains all the required libraries : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\ArduinoIDE\arduino-1.6.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back