Sim Racing Wheels

Benedict Venturini

Benedict Venturini
I've been using the Thrustmaster RGT since around 2008 and I think its now time for me to find a better more modern wheel. My only problem and possibly unpopular opinion is that I dislike using pedals while sim racing. This is the reason I've stuck to using such an old wheel for so long. My current wheel has 4 paddles on the back, 2 shifters and 2 for accelerating and braking. So cut to the chase.. are there any wheels out there with this kind of setup? I've done alil research and haven't really found anything.. wondered if you guys have any information that could help me, Thanks :)

Hi,
Quite a rare thing! Only wheel I could think of is the fanatec mclaren wheel rim (csl elite mclaren gt3). It got 4 paddles. 2 shifters, 2 for clutch. No idea how well it would work when they're used for brake and throttle ..
That would be very costly though as you'd need a fanatec base too.
230€ for the rim, 320€ for the base... So much to spend for not using pedals is way over the top I'd think but I don't know how much you'd like to spend.
The ffb with the csl elite base is very good :)

Upvote 0
Hi,
Quite a rare thing! Only wheel I could think of is the fanatec mclaren wheel rim (csl elite mclaren gt3). It got 4 paddles. 2 shifters, 2 for clutch. No idea how well it would work when they're used for brake and throttle ..
That would be very costly though as you'd need a fanatec base too.
230€ for the rim, 320€ for the base... So much to spend for not using pedals is way over the top I'd think but I don't know how much you'd like to spend.
The ffb with the csl elite base is very good :)
Thats actually the only one I found too, could be a possibility if i cant find anything else... could always just use pedals i guess :cry:

This might be something for you, and it can be used for any wheel.

https://www.3drap.it/product/hand-controller-throttle-and-brake-gaming-is-possible/
thats very intresting, thanks bud

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes