Sim Racing Expo - A Chat With Heusinkveld and the Man Behind the Event

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Racing Expo Round Up and Niels Interview.jpg

RaceDepartment got a chance to chat with Reiza Studios physics guy Niels Heusinkveld at Sim Racing Expo 2017, catch up on what was said in our Expo roundup video!

Heusinkveld is well known in the sim racing community for his work on Reiza Studios Automobilista title, however developing physics for racing simulations isn't the only string to his bow for the talented physics engineer, Heusinkveld also produces a range of high end sim racing hardware, used throughout the real and virtual auto racing world.

We had the chance to catch up with Niels for a brief chat about his current and future products, plus we had the opportunity to speak with the man behind the Sim Racing Expo, Marc Hennerici, who discusses his hopes and plans for future Expo's and how sim racing correlates to racing in the real world.

The Expo in 2017 was a brilliant event, and an awesome way to showcase the virtual sport we all love. Check out our recap video and interview with Heusinkveld and Hennerici below:

Sim Racing really and truly is an awesome way to spend ones free time, with the software, hardware and community we have access to at present, now is a superb time to participate in our virtual sport of choice. I for one love sim racing and I hope by reading and watching the content we produce here at RaceDepartment, you too can get just that little bit more out of our wonderful hobby.

Thank you for watching, and we look forward to meeting some of you at the Expo next year.

Sim Racing is awesome people, now stop reading this and go get yourself online in one of our club events!

Last edited:
sim racing babes :thumbsdown:
niels :thumbsup::inlove:

did that guy say 300€ starting racing wheel? kinda high for first wheel, and what about existing wheels in the price range? (im not sure if i get it what hes saying :p)

Last edited:
"did that guy say 300€ starting racing wheel? kinda high for first wheel, and what about existing wheels in the price range? (im not sure if i get it what hes saying" :p

Yeah, basically what he means is he is aware that the type of exhibitors on display are firmly geared to the high end level of the market, and they acknowledge that for someone maybe not familiar with sim racing it could give off the impression that you need tens of thousands of dollars to enter the hobby. What they want to do in future years, starting in 2018, is have a broader appeal to a wider variety of price ranges, which could mean the inclusion of more "entry level" equipment too.

• ronniej

Nice video, thank you, I wish that we had one show like that in North America.
+1

Would also be nice if guys like Niels were located in Canada so one doesn't get murdered with customs, taxes and brokerage fees when purchasing high end gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back