SIM Dashboard

SIM Dashboard is a fully customizable dashboard app for Android devices that allows you to use many different widgets to display useful information about your car and race/session, including plenty of data the game doesn't tell you by default, like tyre/brake temperatures, various delta times or fuel usage per lap (which I can highly recommend, given how generous R3E can be with its fuel calculations).

You can also have multiple dashboard pages per game configured offering various data and just switch between them on the fly.

SIM Dashboard supports most of the popular sim games - it is not an R3E only app. The games are divided into groups - you can buy the Pro version for only the games you play, or you can simply buy the whole pack at a discounted price (compared to the price of all of the individual packs). The free version allows you to use any feature with as many of the supported games as you like, but you're limited to only one dashboard page and three widgets (note that some of the widgets take more than one "slot").

Your dashboards can be easily shared with others as well in multiple different ways, including using a QR code.

There's a small companion app you need to install and run on your PC that enables the communication between the app and the game.

I've been using this for a week now. It has a whole host of widgets included so you could make some really complex layouts if you're a data freak. At the moment I have it set up as a pretty standard dash showing speed, laptimes and delta, though with the addition of a fuel monitor displaying my average consumption per lap. As Martin said above, great for fuel calculations as the in-game guesstimation on the setup page is complete garbage! Definitely worth the tiny investment. :thumbsup:

BTW here's the dashboard I'm using:

i-M65wGXD.jpg

It is probably a bit excessive, but I don't mind as I don't really use most of that stuff most of the time anyway ;) But wanted to have it all on one page without a need to swipe to a different page. And some widgets are only there to fill up space, really, like the pedal input widgets or speedometer ;)

Widgets used:

RPM lights (three colors, from the outside to the inside), RPM digital reading, shift indicator (the whole background flashes red-ish), gear indicator and speedometer
Brake and tyre temperature reading (tyre temps not exactly useful in R3E as it shows core temperature, not surface) and tyre wear reading
Throttle, brake and clutch pedal reading
Pit limiter indicator and DRS indicator (though that one doesn't really work ATM)
Current lap time, best lap delta, car behind delta and car ahead delta
Fuel quantity, fuel per last round (gives me a correct reading faster than the average fuel per lap widget in my experience) and laps left with current amount of fuel

Last edited:
Another happy SIM Dashboard user here.

They're fairly similar in functionality & features. If you're happy with DMP, I see no reason to make the switch. The only reason I use SIM Dashboard instead of DMP is because for some reason I couldn't get DMP to work with the old phone that I use for this stuff.

Only one app to download for Sim Dashboard? If so, looks like the only benefit of Sim Dashboard is its only one app. Dashmeter Pro requires the purchase of separate DM Pro apps for each sim. Also the fact that DM Pro doesn't work for some people. Sim Dashboard app looks pretty good!

It is a single app, but you buy separate "modules" to unlock full functionality (or rather remove the limit of one page and three widgets per game) for different games through in-app purchases.

Hey Vitor

Quick question, how did you manage to get the text? Also does it show your sector best, or the sessions best sector including other drivers? Thank you.
As @Case_ said you can use labels that you can find under the last tab, Miscellaneous.

For the Best sectors it only shows your best times. It could be interesting to be able to choose in the widget options to switch between both

Wanted to do something a bit less cluttered and a bit more stylish (and readable) that, unlike my previous layout, doesn't contain too many widgets that are game specific. So here it is if anyone's interested. The three small columns are pedal inputs, the smaller number under gear is speed. Background flashes red near redline. (The layout in QR code has some very minor cosmetic changes from the one in the screenshot.)

Screenshot_20170921-061748-X2.png

1505974740346.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted to do something a bit less cluttered and a bit more stylish (and readable) that, unlike my previous layout, doesn't contain too many widgets that are game specific. So here it is if anyone's interested. The three small columns are pedal inputs, the smaller number under gear is speed. Background flashes red near redline. (The layout in QR code has some very minor cosmetic changes from the one in the screenshot.)

Screenshot_20170921-061748-X2.png

1505974740346.jpg

Just tried this, really like it, nice and simple, but has most the important information. Also, you can't miss the red background flash near redline! Thanks

EDIT: Perhaps maybe add a display for current Traction Control and/or Brake Bias settings?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back