SIM Dashboard

SIM Dashboard is a fully customizable dashboard app for Android devices that allows you to use many different widgets to display useful information about your car and race/session, including plenty of data the game doesn't tell you by default, like tyre/brake temperatures, various delta times or fuel usage per lap (which I can highly recommend, given how generous R3E can be with its fuel calculations).

You can also have multiple dashboard pages per game configured offering various data and just switch between them on the fly.

SIM Dashboard supports most of the popular sim games - it is not an R3E only app. The games are divided into groups - you can buy the Pro version for only the games you play, or you can simply buy the whole pack at a discounted price (compared to the price of all of the individual packs). The free version allows you to use any feature with as many of the supported games as you like, but you're limited to only one dashboard page and three widgets (note that some of the widgets take more than one "slot").

Your dashboards can be easily shared with others as well in multiple different ways, including using a QR code.

There's a small companion app you need to install and run on your PC that enables the communication between the app and the game.

EDIT: Perhaps maybe add a display for current Traction Control and/or Brake Bias settings?

I don't think there's a widget available for traction control setting. If there is, I can't see it.

Anyway, feel free to modify the layout however you want. I don't really need to see these all the time and the layout was supposed to be fairly simple. If I personally was to add something to it, I think it would be the wheel spin and wheel lock indicators - that's valuable info to see and I don't think they were available when I was creating the layout.

(But the truth is, I'm not really using SIM Dashboard anymore - the constant stream of data over the wifi seems to cause my router to randomly drop connection, especially when more stuff is going on on the network. I don't think it's SIM Dashboard's fault, I think it's just my router acting up, though.)

Might be a silly question but how do the tyre and brake icons work, I saw you can modify the ideal pressures/temperatures yourself for them, but I suppose the app sets that automatically depending on the car or tyres you pick right?

Might be a silly question but how do the tyre and brake icons work, I saw you can modify the ideal pressures/temperatures yourself for them, but I suppose the app sets that automatically depending on the car or tyres you pick right?
No. The widget uses fixed values regardless of the tires or car, although you can modify them yourself.

For those who use this app you may like some of my designs:

qr.php

qr.php

Last edited:
Is this thread still alive? I hope to hear from SIM Dashboard admin. Their website only have instructions but no discussions. My Samsung S6, which is my main phone for 2 years now works properly with this. Until 3 days ago that it cannot find the server anymore in our home wifi network. I tried my son's Samsung Note 4 and it worked for 30 minutes then the same issue. I can connect them via USB cable but PC keeps switching internet connection trying to use the phones connection which is already using the same wifi network and just slows things down by a lot! Any idea why is this? I can't use any device ATM. I don't know if my phone updated the app or PC or none. But nothing changed anywhere in my system and network. I hope their website offers old versions of the server and app to try and troubleshoot something.

Define "alive" ;) We're obviously still around, just that nobody has posted anything related to SIM Dashboard in a while.

However, you're unlikely to get a response from the developer here, this is not in any way official, it's just a thread I created to share some dashboards and let people know about the app.

As for your issues...my experience with running the app over wifi is that some routers in combination with certain phones can get "overwhelmed" by this (not very technical description, I know) and subsequently, weird things can happen. My old router even rebooted from time to time when using it with my old phone, leading to my disconnect from the race (not fun). So it might be something like that. In fact my old phone was also Samsung, though much older than yours (the original S I still had lying around back from the day).

Haven't tested the app much with the USB connection, but in any way, you should be able to just tell Windows not to use the internet connection from your phone and use your main one instead.

Thanks mate! This thread is one of the tops result when googling my issue, so... :roflmao:
At least some ideas to try for now. I'll post my dash after this ordeal! cheers!

Thanks @Neil de Guzman for posting otherwise I would not have been aware of this app.

Got out the wife's semi retired Samsung Galaxy Tab, and now it's going to part of my racing rig.

@Martin Fiala have you mounted your device in anyway? Any ideas of mounting the tablet above the monitor?

@DucMan888

Yeah, thanks for mentioning me! I somehow got my issue resolved just by resetting my modem, pulling the plug and plugging it back again! :laugh:

Anyways, here's my work. Not the most beautiful but I managed to fix the DRS lights to function on DRS enabled cars only and stay disabled when driving GT cars.

Just add / remove stuff and edit to your liking, that's the beauty of this product.

Cheers to OP for suggesting modem issue for my problem. And cheers to all!

qr.php

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/designs/view?id=25n1&mydesign=true

Last edited:
Reactions: DND
@Martin Fiala have you mounted your device in anyway?
My "rig" is basically just a glorified office setup, so I don't have a lot of mounting options or anything like that, but I was using the cheapest phone holder I could get to mount my phone either on top of the wheel (with the DFGT) and then I simply put it on the monitor stand with the T300, because I couldn't find a usable spot on the wheel itself and didn't want to spend too much time on that.

This is the miracle of engineering I'm using:

car-dashboard-suction-mount-holder-sodial-r-universal-adjustable-car-dashboard-suction-mount-clip-mobile-phone-holder-stand-black

Reactions: DND
The main reason behind buying Sim dashboard is to skip buying or DIY a button box so here’s what i ended up creating. Nothing fancy since these were the first two attempts within 24 hours.
The app (pro version) is worth every penny :thumbsup:

Version 1:

Virtual button box (black) by M-Bimmer, on Flickr
869B4E93-7CC7-42F1-90A3-0F3D90FF291A.png

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/designs/view?id=25o9&page=4&tag=buttonbox

Version 2:

Virtual button box by M-Bimmer, on Flickr
125A01A6-FCF9-4DFE-8F41-0A132172EF2C.png

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/designs/view?id=25o8&page=3&tag=buttonbox

Last edited:
Hi Guys! I made a copy of Assetto Corsa SF70H F1 car steering wheel! And I have a question...
Does Anyone here knows what F and K2 means? I received an e-mail from SIM Dashboard Admin who noticed my design and asking the same question. Anyways, here's my copy of Vettel's dash. If anyone knows the answer, thanks in advance! Cheers!

qr.php

How many devices can SimDashboard support? I've been using Dashmeterpro for a while now on 3 devices. I like the designs on SD and want to try it but if it can only be used on 1 device I'll stick with DMP.

If you mean on how many devices it can be installed, then I am not aware of any limitations, it can be installed on any number of devices signed in with your Google account, like any other Google Play app.

If you mean on how many devices it can be installed, then I am not aware of any limitations, it can be installed on any number of devices signed in with your Google account, like any other Google Play app.
On DMP it is limited to 3 devices. I will try the free version on the 3 devices. If it works I'll definitely get it. No lag issues at all?

Yo mateys! Got some new dash designs for ACC and some. Currently, ACC in EA and some functions are not working well. Design were made in AC functions.

This is my attempt making the exact Lamborghini dash. It's a WIP and you guys can always add or edit whatever you like. The base look is what matters I guess.. :D

qr.php

And here's what I actually use for AC and ACC, GT cars... It's a hybrid from both titles. Got some cool lightning embedded in the rev lights.

qr.php

And finally... probably the weakest looking of them all. But mind you this is a custom gauge I created for fun. There's quite some lightning on the RPM gauge that I thought you guys want to try out. There's a lot of black spaces all over, so just add what you guys think are missing. The blue shade is RED0 GREEN180 BLUE255. If any of you got some designs in mind that want to be created, just tag me here or PM me and I'll see what I can do... Of course, for free! Cheers!

qr.php

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%