News Silverstone licence lost

• Deleted member 197115

Wouldn't be a problem if it was part of normal DLC, not stupid workshop item idea. Now you will lose what you paid for as Steam will auto sync workshop content.

• Deleted member 197115

"Free" as included into base game price?
All base content is workshop items and this is the problem with all RF2 content distribution, they can be removed at any time.

"Free" as included into base game price?
All base content is workshop items and this is the problem with all RF2 content distribution, they can be removed at any time.
Uh, but you still have it. It's just no longer available from the workshop.

Just like you can no longer find Project CARS unless you already own it.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

As can all content that's on Steam if licenses run out.
Not to my knowledge, if it's a part of game base content or normal DLC they can only delist the whole title like what happened to PC or DR, but not individual items, at least I've never seen that happening.

Also does anybody know what happens with subscribed workshop content once it got removed from the shop?

Not to my knowledge, if it's a part of game base content or normal DLC they can only delist the whole title like what happened to PC or DR, but not individual items, at least I've never seen that happening.

Also does anybody know what happens with subscribed workshop content once it got removed from the shop?

Seemingly the Porsche and Ferrari was removed before GTR2 got on Steam - not after. But especially GTA Games removed lots songs and even radio stations to keep selling the game.
I mean, rF2 could just de-list the whole game - not sure that would be any better.

As long as you are subscribed to it when it was removed, you have it in your steam workshop folder.

• Deleted member 197115

I hope you are right, but from what I've seen subscribed items got removed from user data folder when they removed from the workshop. You can probably still keep them by running in offline mode, not sure if it's practical in a long term though.

Subscribed items test dummy :x3:
images

Just sub the reup version, copy out of workshop then unsub.
Install that whenever you like as it is now like any other 3rd party
you keep in archives. ie: as you install manually there won't be a
copy in workshop steam sync can't do diddly about it.

Last edited:
Like below, keep in at least one rfmod ALL content not just Silverstone.
The file name is different so steam sync can't touch it ;)
rf2 silver.jpg

This is why I say for years to archive everything possible, updated and new items are pretty sparse these days and simple to manually update when you ready rather then being forced to which is what most blindly let steam do by not using rfmods to protect ALL content, no ALL versions of ALL content ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back