News Silverstone licence lost

They've just announced on Facebook rf2 have lost the licence for silverstone and it won't be available after 25th November. They say both parties couldn't come to an agreement. With what's going on not entirely sure I believe that.

Last edited:
Well, only removed in the sense that if you don't already have it, you can't download it.

That Silverstone-version will be kept online for ages. Who knows, maybe it will go back to rF1-style, and be called Northamptonshire!

Well, only removed in the sense that if you don't already have it, you can't download it.

That Silverstone-version will be kept online for ages. Who knows, maybe it will go back to rF1-style, and be called Northamptonshire!
Yeah thats what they should do however seems they've moved away from doing the whole fictional track/name thing which is a shame

It's because Silverstone wanted huge amounts of money to renew the license. One of the devs confirmed this in Discord. Nothing too complex or sinister. It simply wasn't worth the studio stumping up that kind of money for the license for one track.

Wow BTCC license holder and won't pay to renew Silverstone License. Motorsports games is doing a really wonderful job with rf2.
When asked about the BTCC game and the current influx of BTCC content into rF2, S397 stated the two were separate. I took that as rF2 gets the 2022 & 2021 season and some, but not all of the tracks. The official game, if it arrives, will cover 2023 and ALL of the circuits.

Simply backing up content won't work which I said 1,000 times.
You need a entire backup of Steam + rF2 ( why I put only rF2 in my main steam folder.
You would then need to run offline mode because as soon as you connect rF2 it will delete anything not meant to be there.

You need Silverstone ( and everything else ) to be used in rfcmps at least once and every rfcmp needs to be enabled 100% of time. As soon as you disable a mod with old content and/'or old versions of content ( you can run as many versions of content you like) will be deleted. rF2 does not ask permission and there is only one way to stop it
So if you don't do that anything dropped content will disappear like the 2 Nissans did, like the "other" LochDrummond, Monaco and others.

People have never ever stopped bagging it.
How do they expect the owners to afford licenses when all you do is pillar it.
If you can't see rF2 has been treated unfairly from day 1 you are blind, sorry but
that's the truth.

So just zipping rfcmp will do nothing besides they don't compress that is why they are never zipped. ;)

Last edited:
Hands up who still has the 2 Nissans removed, any takers ? :coffee:

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

... as soon as you connect rF2 it will delete anything not meant to be there.

...;)
Another coffin nail for Steam.

This is tantamount to you buying a book, enjoying it, and putting it in your bookcase. A year later a plagiarism lawsuit forces all bookstores to remove it from their shelves. That is fine, but it does not allow those stores to send someone to your house and confiscate your copy.

Once you purchase something it is yours, regardless of whether the vendor still has license to it.

This is tantamount to you buying a book, enjoying it, and putting it in your bookcase. A year later a plagiarism lawsuit forces all bookstores to remove it from their shelves. That is fine, but it does not allow those stores to send someone to your house and confiscate your copy.

Once you purchase something it is yours, regardless of whether the vendor still has license to it.
I hate to say it but I have never had my content remvoced in iracing an yet its a commonly used trope with rfactor that at least you buy the content and can use it whenever you want.

Where does steam come into it? cant go blaming the platform that things are on. Stuff like project cars or dirt 4 that have been taken off sale you can still download if you own it theyy still host the files just dont offer it to buy? really dont get your point. Its 397's choice to take it out of the workshop once the licence is up. Probably because theres no way to limit it to only people who bought rf2 at the time it was licenced to download it. And its now too late to switch it to a store item like DLC for the licencing reason.

I wonder how much of that we've got backed up on our servers.

What Nissans? And was the Loch Drummond just called Loch Drummond (earlier year)? :p

The 2 Nissans in my screenshot.
You can still get then though Steam browser they won't show up in Steam

1. Close Steam
2. Open a Browser and GOOGLE "RFACTOR2 NISSAN 370z" and "RFACTOR2 NISSAN GTR 2011"
3. Links will take you to the content. LOG IN to Steam ( Steam browser not Steam per say)
4. Click Subscribe
5. When you start Steam proper they will download.

370Z

GTR

LOCH DRUMMOND v1.1 ( you don't really need use S397 version)

MONACO FE (non DLC ) You should find browsing, some sites still have old official content, ISI never cared were happy to let people do it )

If you search Steam you won't find them.

Now you have to put them in a rfmod or Steam will delete them, so be warned , said it 100 times. ;)

BOOKMARK >>>
https://traxion.gg/complete-rfactor-2-track-list/

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back