AC Show yourself thread... get to meet the ppl you race with in AC!

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just found this thread lol,so here goes..
Been sim racing for...lets say over 10 years now,got introduded from my best m8 to Race Department with the sim GT Legends,which progressed to HistorX,and i have to say was a complete blast,still miss it if im honest..:)..Then came Assetto Corsa,and the rest,now just getting into RF2 after a lay off..Great to see some faces i,ve raced with and awesome pics..My first car was a Ford Mexico 1600,a bribe from my parents to get me off motorbikes if i passed 1st time(guess what) lol....Love all kinds of sports,especially Motorsports been at the top,dont really have many pics of myself,not very photogenic so i will apoligise now... 3253_73698794371_6257425_n.jpg..This is my rig to date..IMG_0414(1).JPG work in progress as always and a couple of my other toys i like to play with...:)10450444_10152987534784372_1027955660657016059_n.jpg42611647_10156051850014372_1553090982034014208_o.jpglast but not least my brusier lol..
191105737_10158540779289372_5409321278025188335_n.jpg

I have been racing with you guys for a few months now and it is really interesting reading some of your backgrounds and putting faces to the names, so here goes with my story...........
Me.jpg

Like many others here, my first interest is on two wheels. From fifteen years old I competed in off-road motorcycle trials, motocross and enduros, sometimes lining up with some of the worlds top riders, even if I wasn’t in their league! But too many broken bones and family commitments had me hanging up the boots at the age of 40.

Montesa 172.jpg
Elsworth MX.jpg
Yamaha Wasp.jpg

Anyone who has been into bikes will tell you that once bitten they are in your blood and I later got into long distance touring. Travelling to most European countries on my KTM Adventure 950 and more recently a BMW 1200 GS Adventure was great fun, especially in the Austrian Alps. Heading off from home for two weeks with nothing but the Channel Tunnel booked and a tent on the back is a truly exciting experience. On one tour I went to as many European motor racing circuits as I could and think I managed 14 before I headed home. With my partner's family living in Hungary and Slovakia I had a good place to stop of and have visited the Slovakiaring for the WTCC, a great track to drive in SIm racing as well.

Millau.jpg
Switzerland.JPG

In my working life, I completed an apprenticeship in motor vehicle technology and worked in a busy garage for many years, before becoming a Consultant Engineer, inspecting and assessing damaged vehicles and machines of all types and sizes from water pumps to combine harvesters, reporting to insurance companies, solicitors and courts.

From an early age I would follow motor racing on TV and can remember seeing the likes of Stirling Moss, Jim Clark and Graham Hill speed around some of the great circuits. As soon as I could drive I would go to as many of the UK circuits as I could and living 40 minutes from Snetterton and 90 minutes from Brands Hatch, I would spend many weekends hanging around the pits.

In 2007 I was involved in a project that saw the first diesel car entered into the BTCC. The BMW 120d was built from a kit designed primary for the VLN series and while the enthusiasm was there, the budget soon got eaten up and while it was one hell of an experience, the car was never really competitive. and the SEAT factory team came in with a diesel the next year with a mega budget.
As a team co-ordinator, I was on the pit wall, in the drivers briefings, rubbing shoulders with some of the greats of the BTCC.

BMW BTCC 2007.jpg

The car was involved in one of the biggest crashes ever in the BTCC at Brands Hatch. You can just see it at the back of this crash.

On a smaller scale one of my sons got into radio control car racing and I ran a local club for 10 years which raced 10th scale electric touring cars. I also was a commentator and race director at a national level series. These cars are amazing and were as technical as the real thing with fully adjustable suspension, compression, rebound ,tyres compounds, warmers, etc. Their scale speed could reach well over 900kmph !
Take a look at this video -

As for Sim racing, well my eldest son had large slot racing set when he was 3 months old (OK ,I admit it, it was for me really!) and as soon as the Playstation came along we spent may hours on Colin Mcrae rally and TOCA touring car games. In early 2019 I looked at what was out there after all these years and like many, started off with a G29 clamped to my desk with the laptop struggling to keep up and the pedals sliding around under the desk while my office seat went in the other direction! :(. Dirt Rally and Raceroom were the first sims that I got into at that time.

Being mechanically minded,several incarnations of the rig have come and gone over the last two years including a Playseat bolted to a wooden frame and various prototype set ups. Redundancy and the sale of the KTM freed up some cash and I have now built this monster to keep me entertained. Most of the hardware was purchased second hand before the pandemic struck in 2019 from a guy who was selling up all his kit. I upgraded the PC to cope with the games I have now.
Rig 1.jpg

This one is actually mounted on a bed in a spare room. The ‘rollcage’ is actually an old garden trampoline that I fabricated and welded; OK it does not really serve much purpose but it does add to the immersion and stiffens things up a bit. I have added cooling fans and side netting (home made).
Seeing many of your rigs and reading your stories of makes me realize how lucky I am to have the space to build a dedicated rig like this but it still don’t make me any faster, but it does add to the sense of occasion when you climb into it.

In the two years I have been Sim racing, I did quite a bit of racing on the Raceroom ranked servers and while the racing there is much better than open public servers, this AC club is much more personal and like real racing, you get to know other drivers and who you can go side by side with. I thought I might be a bit too old to keep up here but Ernie shows what can be done and is something to aspire too! Its good to race with you guys.

So that's me, 63, two grown up sons, one grandson, taken early retirement and enjoying life, living with my partner in the East of England (and space for triple screens maybe???- Perhaps I need to take a look at the thread on how to tell the other half:)). I'll send a few more of the rig in the next post.

Attachments

• Grossglockner.JPG
    Grossglockner.JPG
    836.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 003 Kyosho TF5 RTR Action.jpg
    003 Kyosho TF5 RTR Action.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 59
I have been racing with you guys for a few months now and it is really interesting reading some of your backgrounds and putting faces to the names, so here goes with my story...........
View attachment 481278

Like many others here, my first interest is on two wheels. From fifteen years old I competed in off-road motorcycle trials, motocross and enduros, sometimes lining up with some of the worlds top riders, even if I wasn’t in their league! But too many broken bones and family commitments had me hanging up the boots at the age of 40.

View attachment 481279View attachment 481280View attachment 481281

Anyone who has been into bikes will tell you that once bitten they are in your blood and I later got into long distance touring. Travelling to most European countries on my KTM Adventure 950 and more recently a BMW 1200 GS Adventure was great fun, especially in the Austrian Alps. Heading off from home for two weeks with nothing but the Channel Tunnel booked and a tent on the back is a truly exciting experience. On one tour I went to as many European motor racing circuits as I could and think I managed 14 before I headed home. With my partner's family living in Hungary and Slovakia I had a good place to stop of and have visited the Slovakiaring for the WTCC, a great track to drive in SIm racing as well.

View attachment 481282View attachment 481285

In my working life, I completed an apprenticeship in motor vehicle technology and worked in a busy garage for many years, before becoming a Consultant Engineer, inspecting and assessing damaged vehicles and machines of all types and sizes from water pumps to combine harvesters, reporting to insurance companies, solicitors and courts.

From an early age I would follow motor racing on TV and can remember seeing the likes of Stirling Moss, Jim Clark and Graham Hill speed around some of the great circuits. As soon as I could drive I would go to as many of the UK circuits as I could and living 40 minutes from Snetterton and 90 minutes from Brands Hatch, I would spend many weekends hanging around the pits.

In 2007 I was involved in a project that saw the first diesel car entered into the BTCC. The BMW 120d was built from a kit designed primary for the VLN series and while the enthusiasm was there, the budget soon got eaten up and while it was one hell of an experience, the car was never really competitive. and the SEAT factory team came in with a diesel the next year with a mega budget.
As a team co-ordinator, I was on the pit wall, in the drivers briefings, rubbing shoulders with some of the greats of the BTCC.

View attachment 481284

The car was involved in one of the biggest crashes ever in the BTCC at Brands Hatch. You can just see it at the back of this crash.

On a smaller scale one of my sons got into radio control car racing and I ran a local club for 10 years which raced 10th scale electric touring cars. I also was a commentator and race director at a national level series. These cars are amazing and were as technical as the real thing with fully adjustable suspension, compression, rebound ,tyres compounds, warmers, etc. Their scale speed could reach well over 900kmph !
Take a look at this video -

As for Sim racing, well my eldest son had large slot racing set when he was 3 months old (OK ,I admit it, it was for me really!) and as soon as the Playstation came along we spent may hours on Colin Mcrae rally and TOCA touring car games. In early 2019 I looked at what was out there after all these years and like many, started off with a G29 clamped to my desk with the laptop struggling to keep up and the pedals sliding around under the desk while my office seat went in the other direction! :(. Dirt Rally and Raceroom were the first sims that I got into at that time.

Being mechanically minded,several incarnations of the rig have come and gone over the last two years including a Playseat bolted to a wooden frame and various prototype set ups. Redundancy and the sale of the KTM freed up some cash and I have now built this monster to keep me entertained. Most of the hardware was purchased second hand before the pandemic struck in 2019 from a guy who was selling up all his kit. I upgraded the PC to cope with the games I have now.
View attachment 481291

This one is actually mounted on a bed in a spare room. The ‘rollcage’ is actually an old garden trampoline that I fabricated and welded; OK it does not really serve much purpose but it does add to the immersion and stiffens things up a bit. I have added cooling fans and side netting (home made).
Seeing many of your rigs and reading your stories of makes me realize how lucky I am to have the space to build a dedicated rig like this but it still don’t make me any faster, but it does add to the sense of occasion when you climb into it.

In the two years I have been Sim racing, I did quite a bit of racing on the Raceroom ranked servers and while the racing there is much better than open public servers, this AC club is much more personal and like real racing, you get to know other drivers and who you can go side by side with. I thought I might be a bit too old to keep up here but Ernie shows what can be done and is something to aspire too! Its good to race with you guys.

So that's me, 63, two grown up sons, one grandson, taken early retirement and enjoying life, living with my partner in the East of England (and space for triple screens maybe???- Perhaps I need to take a look at the thread on how to tell the other half:)). I'll send a few more of the rig in the next post.
Wow impressive stuff. Next time you are in the Austrian alps give me a call. I’ll join you with me GS ;)

Great story Paul, really enjoyed reading all of it, amazing seeing those 1/10th scale cars, how they manage to control them. :confused:
Now the rig, amazing bit of kit, given me some ideas too.
And now I have a face to the name.:):)
Thanks Ernie, yes, those RC cars are awesome things, my son still races them. The technology has moved on like most things , they now have lithium cells and the speed controllers have adjustable launch and traction control, abs, adjustable limited slip diffs and gearing etc etc. It’s like any hobby, it’s endless on what you can spend your money on! My brain doesn’t work quick enough to drive them, I struggle with sim racing! :roflmao: :roflmao:

When reading your story @Shed 17 my face was like WOW all the time. I wish my real live had some more motorsport related input like your's does. Great to get to know you better! :thumbsup: ;)

It's funny to see how you guys develop your rigs to perfection over the years while I'm still stuck with my first ever FFB-wheel (Logitech black momo), because it just doesn't want to break down. :whistling: I'm considering to buy a T300 for a few years now but I fear the big change. :O_o: (like never change a running system :whistling:)

I'm new here so looking to get a few MP games in once I am more confident I won't take everyone out. I am much more familiar with F1 games and how the cars handle and brake is very different!

However, I'm Tom

My Rig is the T300RS with T3PA Pedals and a cheap stand that I just can't find a good position with!

Hope to have a race soon!

I'm new here so looking to get a few MP games in once I am more confident I won't take everyone out. I am much more familiar with F1 games and how the cars handle and brake is very different!

However, I'm Tom

My Rig is the T300RS with T3PA Pedals and a cheap stand that I just can't find a good position with!

Hope to have a race soon!
Same IKEA desk I started SIM racing on years ago. Nice setup

Hello everyone

First of all let me say that seeing everyone's posts warmed my heart, to see that people from all ages and all countries can just come together and share their passion for simracing is just amazing, specially with all the negativity that goes around this days.

So, my name is Tiago Henriques, I'm Portuguese but currently living in Canada, moved here in August 2020, long story short, i was working in a Hostel in Lisbon when I met my future wife and basically after 4 years of long distance dating and a log of traveling back and forth she end up convincing me to come here.

Cars and motorcycles were always my big passions, I got into cars by playing the Gran Turismo games as a kid and the motorcycles just came naturally after, so for a long time I wanted to start simracing just never had the time and budget for it, since after working at the hostel I went back to work at my family´s farm, and farm work it´s honestly 12h a day.

I end up having more time here, since I couldn´t work while I was awaiting for my work visa, and with that came the simracing gear.

Currently I'm learning how to be a WordPress web developer, since a friend of mine convince me that i could do it and make a job out of it.

And now that I'm hooked I guess you guys will have to deal with me for a long time, i have been loving the races and community here.

Now, this is me, and my lovely wife.
214842973_4296007050478438_5853003813989836365_n.jpg

And this is my rig.

IMG_5099.jpg
IMG_5100.jpg

Great to have you here @Tiagojmh !!!

First of all let me say that seeing everyone's posts warmed my heart, to see that people from all ages and all countries can just come together and share their passion for simracing is just amazing, specially with all the negativity that goes around this days.

I tell you, if there was an obligation to only show up with the real name plus a real picture in the internet, it wasn't half as rude as it sadly is.

I'm also excited about the very different stories here. :) So, you're the crazy guy who moved around half of the world for his great love - SIM RACING! :inlove: :roflmao: :p But seriously: Big respect mate! I wouldn't have the balls for such a decision. :speechless:

Great to have you here @Tiagojmh !!!

I tell you, if there was an obligation to only show up with the real name plus a real picture in the internet, it wasn't half as rude as it sadly is.

I'm also excited about the very different stories here. :) So, you're the crazy guy who moved around half of the world for his great love - SIM RACING! :inlove: :roflmao: :p But seriously: Big respect mate! I wouldn't have the balls for such a decision. :speechless:
I agree with you 100%.

And yes, that´s more or less that regarding the reasons to move :D

But now with honesty, it was hard, but I'm liking it here, the worst thing really is the weather, and I have the hope that I can go back to Portugal to retire, my wife is ok with that, so ill just enjoy being here until I can go back.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.