Should I upgrade Hardware vs VR

I have the budget to purchase:

Fanatec Loadcell pedals and H-Shifter
or
Oculus Rift Cv1

I am using a $15 pair of t300 pedals I bought of eBay (with a TS-PC wheel).
I am unsure which I would enjoy more and am asking for you opinion. Thanks.

I bought a used Oculus Rift and thought it would be so awesome with everyone going nuts over it on YouTube and forums. I slapped the thing on my noggin and it looks like I'm staring at an old CRT monitor 640 x 480 resolution. Didn't help that it made me feel sick either. Just make sure you have tried it and are sure it will be what you want. I'm happy mine sold and I only lost $38 in the deal.

I have the CSL Pedals with load cell brake and they are great. It's a lot easier to feel the braking threshold than it was with my t3pa pedals. Only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't rest my left foot on the brake anymore like I could with a potentiometer pedal. I got used to moving my foot to the clutch to rest after a week or so though.

Upvote 0
I have a rift and love it, but i would agree with getting the pedals and shifter first, it will be a night and day upgrade from where you are now. By the time you have got used to your new kit etc the rift may have dropped in price too, that seems to be the trend currently.

Upvote 0
I'm on a vive and love it. Now that Assetto Corsa supports openVR I'm getting a cockpit, pedals and wheel soon. LG has a new hmd coming it looks like early next year that will have a higher resolution and will use lighthouse tech for tracking. My lighthouses track so well that I have a 14' x 14' room scale space and have my seat that I race in sitting out side of that and it still tracks perfectly.

Upvote 0
I'm on a vive and love it. Now that Assetto Corsa supports openVR I'm getting a cockpit, pedals and wheel soon. LG has a new hmd coming it looks like early next year that will have a higher resolution and will use lighthouse tech for tracking. My lighthouses track so well that I have a 14' x 14' room scale space and have my seat that I race in sitting out side of that and it still tracks perfectly.
...and the award for most irrelevant post goes to...?!

Upvote 0
...and the award for most irrelevant post goes to...?!
It's not completely irrelevant. As the person was asking about buying a VR hmd. Most replies where saying they would get the pedals and shifters and wait on the VR and I was mentioning that, that might be a good idea as potentially a better hmd with higher resolution and FOV could be available early next year.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back