Should I buy RF2?

I've been enjoying SCE for the past 6 months and after a slow start and a bit of tweaking I enjoy playing all the reiza content.I play offline. Because of my job I cant commit to a league and even pick up races are impossible to find. Reiza has started with public servers and I manage to show up few times but not many were racing.It's my problem.. Leaving in australia you can only race online with Roos and dingoes :)
I was wondering if maybe buying rf2 would give me more chances to find random races. At the moment its on sale...
I know this isn't rf2 forum but if I asked the same question on that I would get biased answers;)

Thanks

normal_39dog.jpg

It's so advanced when comparing with GSCE,that you will wondering why you lost so much time of your life in GSCE.

I started with F1GP and I've never regretted a moment of driving any sim. (I've heard of games that were too buggy to play—I've managed to avoid those). The OP said that time-wise it's difficult to join a league so he drives off-line. The standard rF2 license is selling for less than $20 right now. It's an absolute no-brainer. I bought it a few weeks ago when it was also 40% off. I haven't put too much time into it because unfortunately with all detail set to the minimum values, I only get around 40fps. I prefer around 80-100fps. I have to upgrade my video card (currently a GTX 560ti) In GSCE with all details set to max I get over 100fps.

But I've driven several cars and it's amazing. Driving the DW12 and the Honda NSX were a revelation. The tires feel alive. It's both awesome and frustrating as the range of feeling varies a lot and your brain has to deal with a more complex progression of changes with the tires and track.

But at the moment GSCE is still my favorite sim of all time, for all the reasons people here already understand.

Now i feel guilty, i just wanted an advice about buying a game. i didn't want to cause a war.
I personally love SCE and it took me sometime to understand the ffb and the tweaking.
I tried rf2 demo and although thw graphic is amazing, well it's more contemporary, i still need to get the grip with the ffb.
My opinion about rf2 is more about the price...... And i remember someone said in one of his videos... If you can have only one, buy Gsce..... We all know who:)

Now i feel guilty, i just wanted an advice about buying a game. i didn't want to cause a war.
I personally love SCE and it took me sometime to understand the ffb and the tweaking.
I tried rf2 demo and although thw graphic is amazing, well it's more contemporary, i still need to get the grip with the ffb.
My opinion about rf2 is more about the price...... And i remember someone said in one of his videos... If you can have only one, buy Gsce..... We all know who:)
No worries mate. There was no war, just a small critic to the political correctness, but seem like mods either didn't get the critic or didn't like it ;)
I'd agree if you can have only one buy GSC, but if you can have 2 buy rF2 just to be safe :D

Didn't read the replies prior to mod-edits, but just to cool everybody down:
rF2 is a wonderful sim and feels really great.
If you like GSCE, you will not regret the purchase.

Still it's not "fair" to compare rF2 to basically a huge rF1 mod :p

Does it need a lot of tweaking for fanatec csr forza wheel?
rf2? No. I have not tweaked FFB with most games except for 2:
Dirt Rally has in-game adjustments that I did to get a feel I liked. Easy to do compared to pCars.
I messed around a lot with pCars. I installed the tweakers recently, thought they improved immensely and it turns out that I hadn't even activated them, I was back to stone default it was just where I wanted it.
SCE: I never liked realfeel in rF, but haven't changed a thing in SCE. Love it.

Hell yes buy it. I love gsce too but rf2 is fantastic...once you get the right combination of car and track... Oh boy! Earlier I was running the blancpain endurance series mod cars at mosport and it was AMAZING against 30 ai. Just had to ignore the annoying graphical glitch I have with that mod but oh boy it was good!

There is absolutely no reason for someone to play GSCE while there is rF2. (personal opinion). I bought it only for 18€ but i cry for my money.
It's so advanced when comparing with GSCE,that you will wondering why you lost so much time of your life in GSCE.
(now you can press the "funny" button or say that i don't know what i am talking about, but a single race in rF2 will prove me right. Facts).

OK , I gotta say something here. I play both as well and love em' both , but what you just said makes no sense what so ever. You can't even compare RF1 to this sim! It's not even close to what RF1 was. RF2 is great for sure but GSCE is a totally different animal compared to the Sim it was based on ( RF1 ). I don't want to rub any feathers the wrong way here , but right now , as of today , there is NOT a better racing sim on the market than GSCE. That is definitely my opinion , but from everything I've played , GSCE is the one sim that has set the standard.

It isn't JUST the sim , but the kickass developers that work on this thing to make it better each and every day. And also the modding community! The modding community here blows the doors off any other sim as well. It's really hard to separate GSCE and RF2 , because to me , they both give me different mods , different cars , different tracks , different community , ect.......but to say " One is better than the other by a mile! "......Pfft! Haha.....not to someone like me it isn't!

This very sim , is the ONE SIM that got me hooked on all sims! It made me actually enjoy the driving on a computer. It's what introduced me to iracing , RF2 , AC and about 20 other older simbin titles.

And if you think RF2 blows the doors off GSCE , then you are either doing something wrong or haven't spent enough time in GSCE.

It's hard to give huge props to one sim and not to downgrade the others....but I'll tell you what , if I had to pick one race sim to run for the rest of my life , it would be GSCE! No question about it.

GSCE is based on rF1 platform. Let's call it 1.5 then? It still lacks so many features compared to rF2.

This is from rf2's page.

Physics
– Updated to use multi-core CPU technology
– Advanced physics engine
Newly updated tire model
– Driving surface construction, even painted line thickness, affects grip levels
– Engine boost and Turbo modeling
– Complex aerodynamics

– Head physics, cockpit vibrations, detailed bump modeling

Dynamic Racing Experience
Real-time day/night lighting transitions
– Realistic wet/dry weather transitions
– Dynamically laid rubber increases grip throughout racing session(s)
– Rubber chunks (“marbles”) roll off tires and can affect grip
– Tires sustain damage from poor driving or setups, affecting grip immediately and over time
– Dynamically drying racing line after rain

– Environments filled with animated events like planes, flag marshalls and more…

Bolted are the features that lacks GSCE, making it an old game.

But if you like it , good for you. For me , i just can't and i don't want to give my limited free time to this game, while there is rF2.

The actual 'game' around gsce is better. Rf2 is more a platform. I think that these 2 are the best sims personally. I play online most on gsce. Rf2 is a bit of a pain in the arse in terms of getting the right combination of tracks and cars but once you do it's fantastic. But it is not user friendly at all

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back