Should DRS be removed from Formula 1?

You know I had no idea they were using this technology - having only recently returned to F1 because the cars look prettier (the nose-cones don't look like the Devils nostrils anymore!! Can anyone tell me why the noses started to look that in the first place?). Keep it if it's not dangerous and makes for more entertaining races.
But my biggest gripe with F1 in the modern era are the 0.7 second (or whatever) pitstops - THEY ARE JUST RIDICULOUS and as far as I am concerned detract from the ethos of the sport (that being a team-effort to victory), but obviously more than anything they take one of the biggest dramas completely out of the race. Yes it might seem unfair to lose a race because the driver forgot to apply the breaks in the pits (recently watching San Marino 1986), but it has just killed one of the most dramatic (and tactical), parts of the race. Bring back the jack-hammers and 5 wheelnuts I say - they just got too perfect that it became dross in the end.
The nose cones looked weired becuse the team builds the nose first. There was insight into airo that caused a chainge in regulations for the nose. Something about preventing car from getting airborne, whitch was a problem with the raised nose. Teams had to come up with a concept over the original idea in a short time frame. So the noses got ugly.

How about remove the rules around it? Let drivers use DRS all they want at any time. I guess without rules DRS would become a driver skill factor?

How about remove the rules around it? Let drivers use DRS all they want at any time. I guess without rules DRS would become a driver skill factor?
most corners are probably too dangerous to use DRS in. i think that was the problem initially that restricted it to straightaways. I'm not sure that you would ever turn DRS off otherwise, it would just be the default.

i'm surprised they are allowing it in zandvoort on that banked corner. i expect at least one crash

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back