F1 2010 Setup behaviour?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks,

I'm new to this site and first I want to say hello to the community

and excuse my english :cool:

I'm struggling with the setups, on almost every track the wings are set to topspeed (front:3, rear:1)
Even on tracks like Monaco and Budapest.
In real life F1 Drivers say, e.g. "Monaco has the highest downforce levels of the season... "
But when I setup my car with medium wings I really have no chance.

Can someone explain me the miracle setup technique of the F1 2010 game?

I'm familar with setting up cars for tracks (GP3 and 4, GP Legends, Nascar) but the wing settings in F1 2010 really confuses me:confused:

cu,
Bender

Im under the general impression that the wings are already preset for each different circuit.. so ie... monaco the wings are set to high downforce and then say Monza the wings are set to Low downforce. The scale we get to play with from 1-12 only alters the downforce marginally within the default setup that codemasters have already given us. I think thats why on most circuit ppl including me tend to use only 1-3 on the front wing setting. I never go above 6 unless its wet or Monaco.

Wings are supposed to provide downforce and grip correct? in which case a high wing value will increase the downforce and grip but will reduce speed in a big way. So what is the "magic" number which will give you optimum performance, also does a differential between the front and rear wings have any advantages - front 5 and rear 2 compared to front 3 and rear 3.

higher the wing value the better the grip and downforce, , but you loose speed correct ?

increasing the front wing increases undertseer and increases oversteer correct?

increasing rear wing increases oversteer and decreases understeer correct ?

I would say learning and perfecting the circuit is the most important part. Twidling with the setup will only ever buy you like half a second over a lap whereas practising a circuit can take seconds off a lap.

Thanks. this was always confusing me, my setups behaved a little (not a whole lot though) the way i mentioned , maybe it was something else affecting the understeer or oversteer like spring/ARB etcetera , i think the cheat note here will help me tweak my setups properly. Thanks again.

I would say learning and perfecting the circuit is the most important part. Twidling with the setup will only ever buy you like half a second over a lap whereas practising a circuit can take seconds off a lap.

Yep, the golden rule is to run as long as is needed to be able to run 5 to 10 laps in a row in almost the same time (lets say 0.5 second off your best time) and only then start tweaking the setup to find the last 0.5 second

correct . agreed Bram , here is a problem atleast with me. In TT on tracks i know well i am consistent for 5-10 laps within (+- 1 second) , but when i take same setup online its a whole new story. I know in TT has rubbered tarcks with more grip.

Any advice on quick tweak when i use it online to behave the same way as in TT or atleast close.

Thanks

Well to answer the first part, the car gets very loose and looses grip in mid-corners, it behaves very nervous.

second part , on the hosted room , i have no clue. what is that by way and how does it afffect. could you explain.

Thanks again

Can someone confirm what Chris says?
...the wings are already preset for each different circuit.. so ie... monaco the wings are set to high downforce and then say Monza the wings are set to Low downforce. The scale we get to play with from 1-12 only alters the downforce marginally within the default setup...

If this is the case, I'm happy and everything is fine again

not really , i dont apply throttle early, this happens when i am braking at corner entry and go through early mid-corner this "gliding" thing happens with no throttle or braking. ( just the feeling of sheer helplessness....;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back