F1 2010 Setup behaviour?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi folks,

I'm new to this site and first I want to say hello to the community

and excuse my english :cool:

I'm struggling with the setups, on almost every track the wings are set to topspeed (front:3, rear:1)
Even on tracks like Monaco and Budapest.
In real life F1 Drivers say, e.g. "Monaco has the highest downforce levels of the season... "
But when I setup my car with medium wings I really have no chance.

Can someone explain me the miracle setup technique of the F1 2010 game?

I'm familar with setting up cars for tracks (GP3 and 4, GP Legends, Nascar) but the wing settings in F1 2010 really confuses me:confused:

cu,
Bender

Thanks Bram, i was hoping i would get ....oh yeah change this setting etc etc , never mind...i am just being grumpy today. lol.

Thanks again, i will keep trying, or like you mentioned may be i am entering too fast (if i dont someone is going to rear end me for sure...lol)

Front wing produces downforce to the front wheels to give more grip when cornering eg being able to to enter and carry more speed through corners.
Rear wing produces downforce to the back wheels to give more traction eg better acceleration.

with an f1 car there is a fine balance with this but you shouldnt have to much difference between front and rear. If there is too much difference then the car will become very unstable. Too much front wing compared to rear wing and traction is lost or too much rear wing compared to front wing then steering becomes impossible when accelerating in a corner.

whether or not this is appropriate in the game I dont know but really there shouldnt be more than a difference of 2 between the wings. I have noticed that on some of the setups posted here that people are using wing settings of 1 on both front and rear especially on a track needing high downforce this wouldnt be in real life but it is one of the gliches in the game not having a go just dont think its too realistic.

Best to learn the tracks using the easier of the 2 dry settings before adjusting too much.

I have never been very good at set ups in racing games. so I just use the lowest downforce quick setup in all dry races with one or two small adjustments here and there, they seem to work well for me.

Am I correct to say that adjusting the wing settings in the game only adjusts the wings relative to the specific track setup (which is unknown to us)? In other words, a setting of Front 2, Rear 1 for Monza is NOT the same as the same setting at Monaco, right?

do we know how much wing settings affect the speed - meaning if i have 5 and 5 setting and running at around 300kph on the longest stretch, if i change this to 3 and 3 what is the effect on speed.

I know i can try this on a track, but in caase someone already knows.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%