Setting issue or is the FFB not as good as in other titles?

Hi guys,

I used to play a lot of AC and consider it my favourite sim but after spending time on Dirt Rally, R3E and iRacing, I have to say that I don't feel like spending time on AC anymore. My G27 FFB on AC feels inefficient. Sure it tells me if I hit a kerb and kind of becomes lighter once I have started to spin out but while I can feel when I am about to spin out in R3E and sometimes catch it before things go bad, I find myself relying mostly on the tyres noise in AC due to the lack of efficient FFB with my current settings.
So for those who played all these sims, were you able to get the same amount of information from FFB in AC as in the other titles? If yes, what was your approach?

I mainly play AC and ever since I opened up my g27 and fixed some stuff it feels better than before (felt a bit odd before now it's perfect). If I do have to mention other titles I will just say this. No other title gives me as good of a feeling for the weight of the car as AC does while everything else is good too, sure there are things to sort out but I tried Raceroom, rf2 and iracing and I must say that I don't like the FFB in any of those. Raceroom feels very "digital" and un-natural, iracing feels like you're driving around on tyres with infinite grip until you get out of the unlimited grip zone after which the car tries to kill you (if you don't calm it down it goes full tank-slap mode on you) and rf2 feels exactly like rf1 felt when I was using mouse steering, a box with no weight and the only thing you get through the wheel is some occasional bumps and some weird tyre feeling.

Interesting feedback, have you tried R3E after the FFB patch? I actually struggle a lot to recover when the car starts losing grip in AC and I usually can't see it coming, on that one, R3E or Dirt seem to work much better for me and unless I went utterly crazy, I can usually feel the car is about to lose grip and sometimes even recover when it happens. I wonder if the "digital" feel you mention isn't actually what I like, it does not feel unrealistic to me but it seems to compensate for the fact that I can't use my ass to feel the g forces. It does confirm a strong difference though, which means I might not be able to get the feeling I like in AC.

Hi guys,

I used to play a lot of AC and consider it my favourite sim but after spending time on Dirt Rally, R3E and iRacing, I have to say that I don't feel like spending time on AC anymore. My G27 FFB on AC feels inefficient. Sure it tells me if I hit a kerb and kind of becomes lighter once I have started to spin out but while I can feel when I am about to spin out in R3E and sometimes catch it before things go bad, I find myself relying mostly on the tyres noise in AC due to the lack of efficient FFB with my current settings.
So for those who played all these sims, were you able to get the same amount of information from FFB in AC as in the other titles? If yes, what was your approach?

Please try these settings http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...h-g25-g27-settings.77244/page-17#post-2207415

I have the same feeling with the t500rs. As Marian said, seems like the loss of control is impossible to feel until the car is gone. I miss the old feedback honestly. I didnt find a satisfying setting for the wheel. I hope that the next update will fix/change it cause for the moment i can't enjoy playing AC.

• Deleted member 130869

I have found that on specific combos, the feedback in AC has overall improved since a long time ago. When only running the dynamic force, leaving curb/road/slip to 0%, it can give good info on the car, but it still lacks the plethora of information given through rF2's force feedback. That makes it easier to drive rF2 as there is a better feel for what is happening with the car and tires on a wider range of circumstances. But I can say, as a longtime critic, that I can rate AC above SCE/AMS. I don't play R3E much but there was a difference in how their force feedback was interpreted, but it is superior to SCE/AMS.

ps: Fanatec Porsche GT3 v2 here.

Slide warning and control feels pretty numb to me through the FFB in AC compared to AMS and rF2. I find myself basically doing pattern recognition to control slides along with watching the screen. FFB gives very little info and grip feels very brittle over the edge.

Slide warning and control feels pretty numb to me through the FFB in AC compared to AMS and rF2. I find myself basically doing pattern recognition to control slides along with watching the screen. FFB gives very little info and grip feels very brittle over the edge.
Use some slip effect, like 15-20%. Works wonders.

G25 Finally some road feel!! guys i have to share my setup with you and what ive learned from using this g25. So with us g25/27 users the deadzone obviously ruins our straight line road feel but with my setup Ive managed to bring the road noise up and keep the wheel strength down (the pulling factor on the wheel) so here is my guide:

Force Feeback intensity - 100%
Smoothing - 0%
spring 0%
damper 0 %

Now to get the Bumps on the straight to punch through I have set the steering force feeback to 200% this amplifies the road bumps but also amplifies everything else so late on you will notice my kerb and shift effects are quite low.
so
Steering Force Feedback - 200%
Minimum Force Feedback - 20%
Understeer - 0% ( i dont like the effect because it gets too light to quick and the counter steer then is too heavy)
Vertical Load - 90%
Lateral Load - 0%
now ive tested both these in different combinations and they basically do the same thing... the code that determines the vibrations on the wheel from bumps oversteer understeer and cornering forces apply on both of these BUT! the lateral forces adds alot of steering stiffness where as vertical adds only a very tiny amount. now because I have steering feedback at 200% the steering stiffness can get out of hand really quick. so if vertical and lateral both give me bump and tire feels I prefer to have vertical only as i dont lose any information and get less steering stiffnes... because the minimum force feedback also adds some steering stiffness i have reduced the vertical load 10% to lighten the wheel up and bit, i also tried 10% minimum force and 100% vertical but the bumps on the straights dont punch through, so aim for 15-25% minimum feedback and 85%- 95% vertical to suit , btu this is the best setup IF you want to feel the Road as best possible.

Steering Rack is at 0%
i find the oversteer and understeer tension is perfect already and this would only add more stiffness and muddy up the dynamics of the vertical feeling so for us g25/27 we need as much converstion with the floor when near the center of the wheel and this will just take some sensitivtiy out of it.

slip effect 0%
again it just takes away some emphasis on the tire/bumps in cornering but can add in to taste .. you would only need a tiny bit as we are at 200% FFB
engine - 0% as above
Kerb 15% doesnt need much as the vertical has it covered
Shift 10% same as above

now when you go off track it can be a little rough but thats the price you pay to get the road surface to kick through for our weak centered wheels

I mainly race the Porche gt3 - DTM - Sillouette with FFB multiplier 1.000 and these setting translate very well , but for open seated cars you need to increase the multiplier to get the same feeling
Hope you like it!!

Please Add Me if you wanna race

A.Rae (ingame)

I've not driven iRacing, but I can tell you as others have that WheelCheck and LUT Generator do make a big difference. I'm still not happy about the sensitivity of my G27 in AC. I have a very hard time catching a slide and coming out of it. I can feel it great, but there are many cars in AC I can't catch. The Ruf Yellowbird is a great example. Once it goes, it's gone. I've driven an old 911 quite a lot in real life and the pendulum effect is there but you can catch it. I currently goof off with my 944 and it's so easy to drive. I've lost the rear in the rain and that's what AC in the dry feels like.....from grip to greasy in a blink of an eye. Sims don't equal real life and vice versa, but.....

G25 Finally some road feel!! guys i have to share my setup with you and what ive learned from using this g25. So with us g25/27 users the deadzone obviously ruins our straight line road feel but with my setup Ive managed to bring the road noise up and keep the wheel strength down (the pulling factor on the wheel) so here is my guide:

Force Feeback intensity - 100%
Smoothing - 0%
spring 0%
damper 0 %

Now to get the Bumps on the straight to punch through I have set the steering force feeback to 200% this amplifies the road bumps but also amplifies everything else so late on you will notice my kerb and shift effects are quite low.
so
Steering Force Feedback - 200%
Minimum Force Feedback - 20%
Understeer - 0% ( i dont like the effect because it gets too light to quick and the counter steer then is too heavy)
Vertical Load - 90%
Lateral Load - 0%
now ive tested both these in different combinations and they basically do the same thing... the code that determines the vibrations on the wheel from bumps oversteer understeer and cornering forces apply on both of these BUT! the lateral forces adds alot of steering stiffness where as vertical adds only a very tiny amount. now because I have steering feedback at 200% the steering stiffness can get out of hand really quick. so if vertical and lateral both give me bump and tire feels I prefer to have vertical only as i dont lose any information and get less steering stiffnes... because the minimum force feedback also adds some steering stiffness i have reduced the vertical load 10% to lighten the wheel up and bit, i also tried 10% minimum force and 100% vertical but the bumps on the straights dont punch through, so aim for 15-25% minimum feedback and 85%- 95% vertical to suit , btu this is the best setup IF you want to feel the Road as best possible.

Steering Rack is at 0%
i find the oversteer and understeer tension is perfect already and this would only add more stiffness and muddy up the dynamics of the vertical feeling so for us g25/27 we need as much converstion with the floor when near the center of the wheel and this will just take some sensitivtiy out of it.

slip effect 0%
again it just takes away some emphasis on the tire/bumps in cornering but can add in to taste .. you would only need a tiny bit as we are at 200% FFB
engine - 0% as above
Kerb 15% doesnt need much as the vertical has it covered
Shift 10% same as above

now when you go off track it can be a little rough but thats the price you pay to get the road surface to kick through for our weak centered wheels

I mainly race the Porche gt3 - DTM - Sillouette with FFB multiplier 1.000 and these setting translate very well , but for open seated cars you need to increase the multiplier to get the same feeling
Hope you like it!!

Please Add Me if you wanna race

A.Rae (ingame)

Those seem to be R3E settings.

I feel like we lost something couple of updates back and AC is not the same anymore.

I have the same feeling with the t500rs. As Marian said, seems like the loss of control is impossible to feel until the car is gone. I miss the old feedback honestly. I didnt find a satisfying setting for the wheel. I hope that the next update will fix/change it cause for the moment i can't enjoy playing AC.

Agree with both of you. They made some changes to the physics after 1.9 or 1.10 (not sure exactly what build it was). After that I don't enjoy AC anymore.Before you could feel the end loosing grip and have time to save it. Now it is way too loose and you don't feel it before it's too late. It also feels like the steering is more sensitive and in an unnatural way. Before I never used any assists but now I have to use some stability control not to spin in every corner. I also hope they revert it back so I can enjoy AC again.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%