Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 0%
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900

Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced

Force Feedback Gain: 85% (the overall strength of all effects).
Filter: 0% (helps to smooth out FFB effects).
Damping: 0% (helps by deadening the feel of the wheel and FFB effects).
Minimum Force: 5% (can assist with G27 deadzone issue & enhance FFB).

Kerb effects: adjust to personal taste ('rumble' effect caused by driving across a kerb).
Road effects: adjust to personal taste (additional wheel vibration to simulate the road/track surface).
Slip effects: adjust to personal taste (additional FFB effects to simulate a loss of traction).

Last edited:
hey,
i have my g25 settings just as you recommend here,
but when it comes to drifting the wheel feels super heavy suddenly,
which makes the drift hard to catch when exeeding certain drift angles.
it makes no sense and its not realistic that the wheel gets heavier when drifting.

so i want the wheel to be light to be able to react quickly and therefore able to hold long drifts.

any suggestions?
thx
Post your current settings for in game ffb settings, logitech, and if you changed anything in assetto_corsa.ini, and what wheel rotationº in game and logitech.

You tried to change the settings meanwhile, to make it better for you? I would say you need to keep 900º-900º in game and logitech, or if you want 860 in game, then also put 860 in logitech. These two values need to match to get correct steering ratios.
Maybe keeping 100% overall forces is better, and lower the gain% in game if you want (or using +- from numpad when you're on track).

I don't know which cars you're trying to drift, but for example drifting the bmw m3 e30's, these have heavier ffb feel than other drift cars, so keep 100% in the controls, and when you're on track, use - button from numpad to lower it to 60 or 70%. This value will be saved per car, so no need to change it again next time if you're happy with it.

I would say kunos balanced the strength of the FFB pretty well between all cars. Although, since the ffb is removed from the setup screen I feel some cars vary just enough that I feel I would like to change it just a tad. I'm around 70-75 for most cars.

Perhaps he should add this car specific setting through an optional application which we can use on track instead. Because it's very nice to be able to slightly change a setting for each car specifically.

ok thx for your help,

the problem is not only the strength, more the direction of the force.
in a drift, the tendency of a wheel should be to neutral point so that you can let it slip through your hands when getting back to straight again, imo

the lower the ffb force i choose, the easier the drift, but this cant be the right solution

Last edited:
ok thx for your help,

in a drift, the tendency of a wheel should be to neutral point so that you can let it slip through your hands when getting back to straight again, imo

the lower the ffb force i choose, the easier the drift, but this cant be the right solution
maybe can also depend on the car and your setup? For example try the toyota gt86 that I think isn't as heavy on the steering as other road cars.

ok thx for your help,

What can also improve the car to steering wheel thing, is to set ENABLE_GYRO=1 in assetto_corsa.ini
This gives slightly better information about car sliding-balance, which is just that, gyroscopic physical force in the ffb, that is connected to the wheels and equilibrium. Well, just try it :)

You can also experiment between FF_SKIP_STEPS=1 and 0. In this case, the lower the value, faster the ffb will update. So for example a high number like 50 can give a bad ffb experience. The default value is set to 1 to avoid 99% occupancy problems for some users.

Hi, i'm new here. I have a G27 and my wheel is not locking in cars with less than 900º.

For example, if the car is 250º.. i can still rotate until 900º, but it doesnt do anything from 250º to 900º
All the animation are synced.

Hi, i'm new here. I have a G27 and my wheel is not locking in cars with less than 900º.

For example, if the car is 250º.. i can still rotate until 900º, but it doesnt do anything from 250º to 900º
All the animation are synced.

You can enable soft lock in the assettocorsa.ini file located in assettocorsa/system/cfg, do note however that the implementation is pretty poor imo (once you hit the lock stop it feels like your wheel is punching itself to keep itself away from the lock stop.

You can enable soft lock in the assettocorsa.ini file located in assettocorsa/system/cfg, do note however that the implementation is pretty poor imo (once you hit the lock stop it feels like your wheel is punching itself to keep itself away from the lock stop.

Thanks ;) I'll try it.

But I thought there was an easy option to lock it. Because everytime I play with low wheel rotation cars, I find myself turning without actually taking effect.

These are the settings I use after much testing and trying to replicate those of the rF2 (which I like best) (also use anticlipping app) :

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Capture2.jpg

These are the settings I use after much testing and trying to replicate those of the rF2 (which I like best) (also use anticlipping app) :

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Capture2.jpg
I've tried your setting man, they're pretty good and close to what i had too. But tell me, what "Target Gain" you set up in the FFB clipping app. if it.s 107 then x 80, i'm totally confused :) Which one does the app looks at?

Have you read the OP of the FFB clip app in the AC forum? It explains what Target Gain (TG) is. Basically, its the clipping point (most predominant with Logitech wheels, though other wheels may have it also) in your graph when plotting it using Wheelcheck log test. My clipping point is at around 90% so I set TG to 90.

Ye man. I've read it all. Did all the graph tests and everything with different values. I got the minimum Force part, but where does the graph show the clipping?
Graph.jpg
In my graph it peaks @ 3500, thats 87.5%, so pretty much the same as you, should set it to 90 then in Target? I'm using: Global = 107, specific game = 80, And in game = 80. And then adjusting every car with ffb clipping tool. But in that "calibration" guide, he says you need to multiply stuff and ect, so i got confused a little :)

Yup, pretty much the same. With the current version, I simply leave the target gain to 90%, then it suggests after a couple of laps (no bothering about multipliers). You can also wait after a newer version when AC v1.5 comes out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%