MGP14 Seriously Milestone?

I was very excited for the game, but immediately at the start (PC) theres the first bummer.

Sure does look like HD textures...

It seems like the HD textures (Which I activated in the menu) arent activated AND the resolution is definetly not 1680x1050

Last edited:
Codemasters F1 game series is complete garbage, the only good thing is the graphics. The physics is just arcade. I hope they never get to produce MotoGP games. Namco being able to work for a next gen title would be interesting though

So, so true. That's why I mentioned Turn 10, because Codemasters graphics engine is GFX card friendly but Turn 10 has great physics ;) but hey if Namco will bring out a MotoGp game than I am all for it!!

Lol Monumental's projects were worth vomiting. I still play the namco series though, I got them all on my PS2 emulator. Never really liked Motogp 08 tbh, Motogp 07 by Climax was the real deal, a solid/awesome game that had the best lobbies on both PC and Xbox 360. Perhaps it was aracade, and maybe the sim mode as well but my goodness did we enjoyed playing this game, because let's face it, the game was enjoyable and way better than Motogp 14.
The things I hate in Climax games are the texturing and the horrible camera rotation. I can't even play a single game of them. Some of the Climax staff went to Monumental too.

The things I hate in Climax games are the texturing and the horrible camera rotation. I can't even play a single game of them. Some of the Climax staff went to Monumental too.

You had several option camera angles though, camera 2 view was pretty identical with what we have in MotoGp 14. Motogp 06 and 07, still has better skies, weather systems and ambient occlusion than Motogp 14 : P and if we talk textures, they looked pretty solid for a 2007 game. It's such a shame the former Climax guys at Monumental didn't had a proper engine to make a awesome MotoGp game.

Monumental games were just...I don't want to sound rude. I've played a demo for xbox 360, I immediately deleted it. How can you even produce a game like that?
MotoGP06 and 07 were great for their times, the camera was original, but it was arcade. Maybe a lot of people prefer an arcade game, but I want to play with bikes that behave like the original ones. MotoGP14 is pretty good, unfortunately it's affected by a lot of bugs, typical of Milestone, that ruin the experience.

wtf is this
rpJHEix.jpg

You had several option camera angles though, camera 2 view was pretty identical with what we have in MotoGp 14. Motogp 06 and 07, still has better skies, weather systems and ambient occlusion than Motogp 14 : P and if we talk textures, they looked pretty solid for a 2007 game. It's such a shame the former Climax guys at Monumental didn't had a proper engine to make a awesome MotoGp game.
Been playing MotoGP07. It has better braking than Milestone games, and the game itself was made to have so fun! The Xtreme mode is really amazing, and in career mode you can freely customize your bike and not just put some sponsor stickers and use a stock painting (Monumental's career mode). It's normal to see this in THQ published games, like Saint Rows and the wrestling series, and they CLIMAX madea great job doing so!.
One thing I want to say - after the release of MotoGP07 CLIMAX renamed to Blackrock Studios and released 2 games and defunct in 2011, a year before Monumental. Coincidence? I think not.

My biggest issue with this game more so than Moto GP 13 is how predictable the races are. Bar sometimes one or two riders swapping places the race positions are always the same. Same applies to qualifying. There needs to be a significant increase in the number of AI failures and AI incidents aswell. I know on the PC there are mods but sadly I have the Xbox 360 version.

Other issues are that the menus are rather laggy but I know this is a well reported problem. The bike development part to me feels pointless and I personally feel no difference in races between a barely developed bike and a fully developed bike. I wish you could pick a rival on track as well as racing against your teammate, the team leader battle feels rather pointless in the grand scheme of things in career.

My biggest issue with this game more so than Moto GP 13 is how predictable the races are. Bar sometimes one or two riders swapping places the race positions are always the same. Same applies to qualifying. There needs to be a significant increase in the number of AI failures and AI incidents aswell. I know on the PC there are mods but sadly I have the Xbox 360 version.

Other issues are that the menus are rather laggy but I know this is a well reported problem. The bike development part to me feels pointless and I personally feel no difference in races between a barely developed bike and a fully developed bike. I wish you could pick a rival on track as well as racing against your teammate, the team leader battle feels rather pointless in the grand scheme of things in career.
I'd love a game that tells you to retire after a crash (depending on the impact, of course)... it seems it's not today.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back