Sector3 Studios is moving to Gothia Science Park

Sector3 Studios New HQ.jpg

Sector 3 Studios has announced that they are moving the location of their offices to Gothia Science Park in Sweden.

Sector 3 Studios is the creator of the free-to-play racing simulator, RaceRoom Racing Experience. Their developers are many of those from the former SimBin Studios.

“We couldn't be more excited,” said Chris Speed, CEO of Sector3 Studios.
“Gothia Science Park provides a unique and innovative habitat for nurturing game development. It’s an informatics icon for Sweden and Europe alike. Many talented students and game developers call Gothia Science Park their home. We're proud that Sector3 will soon thrive among them.”

Chris Speed also said that "Sector3 Studios is expanding its operations and will soon hire more employees especially programmers".

If you would like to apply you can send your CV to careers[at]sector3studios.com

no worries, the old IP & rights are still with us or in our vicinity. ;)

We received reports that the server was down yesterday (thanks for the reports), we looked into it and found that the problem is that the server never moved as an asset to the new studio. Even though it was supposed to. Our IT guy is working on solving the problem. I have no ETA.

Last edited:
I dont have Problem with the name R3E or GTR 3 i dont care, i only care about the game , and its really good, it can be better but for now its ok for me.
The only thing i want is an option or a menu to play Offline .It can be a section on the menu that can be played offline and everything else like Multi or Leaderboards need online.
I say that because i work a lot of hours and when i get some free time and the internet is offline i cant play.
Or it can be a solution to play offline for 24 hours and after that the game needs online to verify my data that is not pirate copy or something like that.

no worries, the old IP & rights are still with us.

We received reports that the server was down yesterday (thanks for the reports), we looked into it and found that the problem is that the server never moved as an asset to the new studio. Even though it was supposed to. Our IT guy is working on solving the problem. I have no ETA.
Any status on the Race 07 server issue? Please fix it soon! I really need to race against real players!

no worries, the old IP & rights are still with us or in out vicinity. ;)

What do you mean by "in out vicinity."?

that the assets from SimBin have been transferred to the new entity, but with this hickup can't really do much. So close but yet so far away.

When the dust has settled a bit we will be looking at the best strategy for the future of the maintenance of the old games.

Jay

Realistically are we looking at just a few days to get the lobby back up or a couple of weeks, or possibly longer?

We over at PrestoGP have our season on hold whilst this is resolved

King Regards

Jim

I really cant say, simply because i don't know, "its complicated" as they say. As soon as the word legal drops and lawyers enter the conversation it the first signs that things might take a bit to get handled.

As soon as more news becomes available I will share it.

Maybe time to find another game to play.

No idea why Simbin went for the horrible game/transaction model that is R3E, but don't see me buying into it anytime soon. Useless for club racing as you have to persuade everyone to buy the car and track pack you want to race. That'll never work. :thumbsdown:

Maybe time to find another game to play.

No idea why Simbin went for the horrible game/transaction model that is R3E, but don't see me buying into it anytime soon. Useless for club racing as you have to persuade everyone to buy the car and track pack you want to race. That'll never work. :thumbsdown:

You are only right with regards to the track, but with regards to cars you can just buy the cars you like, you don't need to won it all to be able to race against each other.

You are only right with regards to the track, but with regards to cars you can just buy the cars you like, you don't need to won it all to be able to race against each other.

That's the point though, isn't it @Jay Ekkel ? They have to, for example, BUY the WTCC pack if we want to have a WTCC race because it does not come with the game. Then, they have to buy the track we will use that week too. :rolleyes:

The Race 07/On/GTR/WTCC/STCC model was better because all the tracks and cars came in one pack and the base game had enough stuff in it to race different tracks and cars each week. I own every pack for Race 07, which probably added up to quite a spend, but because it was all in packs with new tracks and cars all together, I didn't mind. It just felt like 'yearly updates' that were cheaper than buying a new game. :thumbsup:

Buying weird Virtual RuPees to buy cars and tracks feels like a purchasing model that even Microsoft dropped because it didn't work :roflmao:

to me it is interesting that you say that you buy all packs for Race07, but in R3E you find it weird...... now you can buy packs in r3e for a cheap price if you ask me. ;)

If its in a pack, we will put in the store as a single item (might be time exclusive as a pack or license might deny us to sell it separately if it doesn't happen).

In R3E, @Jay Ekkel , the packs are not packs - they are individual tracks and individual cars. DTM Experience was the only real pack so far, was it not? I have heard that it also does not work with R3E. :O_o:

The R3E business model is based on micro-transactions. The vast majority of gamers hate micro-transactions because it feels like we're being ripped off. Perceived value perhaps, but that's how it feels.

How much of the existing R3E content could you buy for the usual PC/Steam game launch price of around £40/$60?

Why make people buy VRP instead of just sell for real money? Like I said previously, even XBox Live stopped using stupid imaginary currency points.

The Race 07 packs came with tracks and cars for a whole series (WTCC/STCC/STCC2) or a bunch of fun cars in one pack (Retro) and meant that the majority of users had the same content at a reasonable price. Also, users could use BTB to design/create further tracks to keep the racing fresh and interesting.

I hate the World of Tanks/ WarThunder pricing models and refuse to pay for things because of the stupid price points and lack of perceived value, in my opinion. As a consumer, only my opinion/value matters to me and all other consumers are probably the same. :geek:

That's the point though, isn't it @Jay Ekkel ? They have to, for example, BUY the WTCC pack if we want to have a WTCC race because it does not come with the game. Then, they have to buy the track we will use that week too. :rolleyes:
Of Course you need to have the track that's being raced on, but you don't need to buy the whole WTCC pack if you don't want to!..
As long as you buy one of the WTCC cars and have the track in question you are ready to go.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back