Season with rF1 or rF2?

Your point being? You could use that argument at any time. We could be here in 1 years time and still some who didn't have rF2. As I said you have to move on at some stage otherwise we will just be stuck with rF1 forever and I fail to see why now is a bad time.

I have RACE 07 but don't have RACE PRO. Would I use this as an argument for a league not updating to new software? No I wouldn't because its a silly argument. rFactor 2 has been purchasable for some time now.

The only way that argument could be used is if FSR couldn't guarantee a full grid with rF2 which Kunkel seems pretty sure it can so its not valid.

Your point being? You could use that argument at any time. We could be here in 1 years time and still some who didn't have rF2. As I said you have to move on at some stage otherwise we will just be stuck with rF1 forever and I fail to see why now is a bad time.

No point, really. Just that we shouldn't look to who has X game and who doesn't, but if we look to that then rF will always win.

It's not an easy decision and yes I would love to move to a new game, but that's something only the administrators can decide properly. "The problem is only the damage model", sounds like if we are talking about a minor graphic glich btw, when it's something absolutelly fundamental for a decent league.

Being rF and rF2 so compatible, the issue about the car skins and so shouldn't be a problem in case of switching games in mid season. It's not like moving from GP4 to Assetto Corsa :)

I think moving to rF2 is too early because the game is new and has lots of glitches and lagging problems etc. I recommend staying in rF1 for one more year until rF2 problems are fixed. It would be stupid to se 20+ people race in every race and only 6 end the race + restarting the race because of massive crashes. I really think we should wait for one more year before moving to rF2

I don't know how some got fps problems. I have 7770 and it is smooth as hell in 1080p with maxed settings (AAx4, HDR is off). For the brake issues - calibrate your brakes! I have all default controller settings, all I needed is just to use DxDiag2 to ensure i have 100% at max possible brake position (or pressure in case of LC brake)

I hope you see what I meant. Anyone still wants to use rf2? :D

rp7GThK.gif

OK, I hope this will solve some questions about collision model or rFactor 2 bugs and lag.

Please, watch this video. I have been testing two mods, the last FSR edited mod for Sebring and official ISI's mod. Same setups (default), same track (Sebring), similar crashes, all offline, and let's see what is the result...

Sorry about bad fps, record with fraps, full grid, and in game (no replay), isn't good for my graphic card:

First of all, pay attiention and see that official mod cars don't fly and don't do strange movements in crashes, only rigid body effect in some of them (nothing worrying, It's not the cause of massive crashes), and also pay attention to the purple bar in the up right corner, this is the physics processing, I'm not really sure, but I'm sure low purple bar = good, full = pyshics engine crash, PC can't get real time processing and this causes slowdowns and weird crashes and flying cars. In official mod purple bar is stable with and with no crashes.

Then, see FSR edited mod, with no crashes, purple bar is a little fuller, and when I hit another car, full bar, causing physics engine crashes... causing also flying cars, and erratic movements. I have an i5 micro, I'm sure people with i3s, quads, or below, will have more problems. And I can imagine this in the server can be worse than in offline... some lag in starts (mod causes some extra load despite not being colissions), providing first contacts, and then massive lag and multiple cars with full physics load, finally massive crash.

In those rounds we had the same damage system as the default provided by ISI. Obviously in offline your computer doesn't have to predict collisions with latency...
What's wrong in this videos? I are going to tell you.

In the first one, a massive crash with no massive lag, and a lot of crazy drivers with no care. Only noticebale isolated case of lag strike in second 0:08 causing the a weird crash, other contacts are all normal. If you're used to "pillow cars" of some rF1 mods or FSR, does not mean cars actually have to behave like those. Minor contacts in the rear, wheel against wheel, causes spins.

In Lime Rock FR3.5 was edited, I don't know what (I think downforce, not sure), but in that race was an horrible lag in qualifying, that lag wasn't noticeable in the first two races in qualifying or race. And in race... the ony crazy move is in second 0:20, and it is clear that there is a movement that not harms more than it should, in that case three cars should be out of the race, without wheels, and smashed. The only weird is the movement caused by lag, no more, not harmful as has been happening in the last two races.. In rF1 or FSR rF1 mod, possibly would have passed without contact, trespassing the other car like in most of contacts I watched in boradcast and highlights (not only FSR).

0:25 of Lime Rock... no comments. One car with no rear wing, and other one with no front wing, I think rF2 needs to be harder :D. Solid cars effect doesn't means that It's bad at all, with a good collision model, two cars should be out and wrecked.

0:30... what's wrong with this? only kamikaze driver and yes, the car starts to spin due this effect I'm talking about, but this cars in normal conditions should be out too with wrecked suspensions.

0:35... front car suffering a slowdown suddenly when rear cars contacts, maybe edited aero causing problems, or maybe full CPU load and slowdown, I suffered this in my old Quad Core. This last one is the only I see doubtful, but despite of that, rear car should finish without front wing.

PS: I think some people needs to learn to respect other drivers in track... I showed this videos to some friends, and all said the same, crazy people, and a little lag strikes to some drivers in some crashes.

Edit: In real world open wheels, the milder contacts you can imagine end in disaster, however in the rF1 FSR (for example) mod, almost all overtakings seem to have contact with no damages, or at least the cars seem to be transparent... I think rFactor 2 is more faithful to reality, maybe they should have some plasticity to avoid some barrel rolls, and sometimes front wing is too hard and acts like a wheel vs wheel contact, but most people should start getting used to not touching when overtaking like cars were pillows.

In those rounds we had the same damage system as the default provided by ISI. Obviously in offline your computer doesn't have to predict collisions with latency...

So this problems can be caused by the server 0_0

Have to say that last tuesday I was testing with Marcel and we had a few contacts and no time happened those strange collisions. I think that the 90% of the strange collisions are made by the server. I want to encourage people to test on our server saturday night.
Then we will see if its the server or not (or even the mod).

What's wrong in this videos? I are going to tell you.

In the first one, a massive crash with no massive lag, and a lot of crazy drivers with no care. Only noticebale isolated case of lag strike in second 0:08 causing the a weird crash, other contacts are all normal. If you're used to "pillow cars" of some rF1 mods or FSR, does not mean cars actually have to behave like those. Minor contacts in the rear, wheel against wheel, causes spins.

Other contacts are normal? Even if I buy the excuse of "it's server fault", the car starts to fly, and at 0:11 there is another contact (without any kind of freeze-lag) and both cars fly again. I'm not used to "pillow cars". Now let me ask, are you used to race in the Moon? Seems you think it's normal to break all gravity laws we have in the Earth.

In Lime Rock FR3.5 was edited, I don't know what (I think downforce, not sure), but in that race was an horrible lag in qualifying, that lag wasn't noticeable in the first two races in qualifying or race. And in race... the ony crazy move is in second 0:20, and it is clear that there is a movement that not harms more than it should, in that case three cars should be out of the race, without wheels, and smashed. The only weird is the movement caused by lag, no more, not harmful as has been happening in the last two races.. In rF1 or FSR rF1 mod, possibly would have passed without contact, trespassing the other car like in most of contacts I watched in boradcast and highlights (not only FSR).

The physics were never tweaked, so I dont know how did you come about downforce tweaks and so. Anyway the damage model was changed for Long Beach according to one of the admins, so no, at Lime Rock you guys were still driving ISI's FR 3.5.

0:30... what's wrong with this? only kamikaze driver and yes, the car starts to spin due this effect I'm talking about, but this cars in normal conditions should be out too with wrecked suspensions.

Two cars having a contact means they should spin, usually, yes, but not flying + rolling.

0:35... front car suffering a slowdown suddenly when rear cars contacts, maybe edited aero causing problems, or maybe full CPU load and slowdown, I suffered this in my old Quad Core. This last one is the only I see doubtful, but despite of that, rear car should finish without front wing.

What slowdown? It's just another proof that shows how broken are the collisions, period. And yes, rear car should finish without front wing, but the front car shouldn't fly away. This is what should happen:

Edit: In real world open wheels, the milder contacts you can imagine end in disaster, however in the rF1 FSR (for example) mod, almost all overtakings seem to have contact with no damages, or at least the cars seem to be transparent... I think rFactor 2 is more faithful to reality, maybe they should have some plasticity to avoid some barrel rolls, and sometimes front wing is too hard and acts like a wheel vs wheel contact, but most people should start getting used to not touching when overtaking like cars were pillows.

I am in no way defending FSR 2012 damage model, I know it had problems, but it was more our own fault due to a bad positioning of the collision points. rFactor 2 is more faithful to reality? Maybe, but sometimes (as it's been proved) it's like watching a crash in the Moon, with very little gravity.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.