Season with rF1 or rF2?

so what is it gonna be RF1 with low graphics but most people is pleased with or RF2 that has updated graphics good for some people, but has a terrible crash model and doesnt allopw people to try before buy

what i want to say is that waiting 1 more year is not that hard. Next year it will be tottaly ready for season, also have tracks what are driveable. I understand that we cant stay on rF1 forever. ut atm is better to use rF1 one more year (imo).
I upgrade my pc also very soon. I just wanted to say what is best for the league at this moment.

what i want to say is that waiting 1 more year is not that hard. Next year it will be tottaly ready for season, also have tracks what are driveable. I understand that we cant stay on rF1 forever. ut atm is better to use rF1 one more year (imo).
I upgrade my pc also very soon. I just wanted to say what is best for the league at this moment.
Now that is what i am talking about

rF2 for me is ready. We have had little teething problems with it, but this was the whole idea behind the Winter Series and why Johannes said that he will make a decision after round 4. It is to get into the spirit of rF2 and to be ready for the season that may lie ahead. As for cars, I am sure that there are legal F1 mods out there for rF2 already, they just need a bit more searching. If we do revert back to rF1 however, I would request that we use different cars to the 2009 ones, such as the 2011 or 12 cars. This would make for a more exciting season with the drivers as their car is a new car and they can unveil which car they will be using for the upcoming season :)

I agree with the graphics issues. I for one posted on the ISI forums and it took a long while to actually tap in to something stable.

This was changing files as well not just simple in-game properties.

Vsync in simracing is not acceptable, sorry. Input lag is one of the worse things possible if you want to be competitive.

Mmm... with "sync" option in GPU (I don't know what type of vsync is), is when I get a instant response, when I do not use It or I use other sync option I get some graphic lag (I have no a 3k PC...)

In rF1 I didn't use It because in that case, I suffered graphic lag.

I have an idea !

I think RF2 will run better :p

gif-pc-crash-slow-motion-495474.gif

Mmm... with "sync" option in GPU (I don't know what type of vsync is), is when I get a instant response, when I do not use It or I use other sync option I get some graphic lag (I have no a 3k PC...)

In rF1 I didn't use It because in that case, I suffered graphic lag.

I think you are confusing tearing and input lag. Vsync makes your graphics look "sweet" (if it doesnt drop below 60fps), but it adds an important input delay.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=319451

I think you are confusing tearing and input lag. Vsync makes your graphics look "sweet" (if it doesnt drop below 60fps), but it adds an important input delay.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=319451

When I don't use GPU sync option, I get that input lag effect (graphics lag). If I use It, I get a perfect and instant response (and no tearing).

As I said, I don't know how GPU sync option works (I thought was a vsync option), but I know how vsync works, synchronizing the fps with the monitor refresh rate to avoid effects like tearing, and microstuttering. And no, it don't gives me input lag.

Thanks for the info David! and I have to say this:

This that I'm talking about doesn't mean is urgent to use rF2 (and I have not much to say, I'm not a FSR member yet). Perhaps because of the lack of tracks in rF2, ease of use of rF1, and various little reasons, would be more comfortable to wear this year RF1, but I want to make clear that rF2 can be used, and what is happening in this championship is far from what is really RF2.

I use it, is used by my spanish community to a good level from some months ago, and every day more people is coming here due to rF2 championships (not enough to have 3 complete series, but 2, we are only spanish people now, spanish community). If rF2 is that bad ... How can it be that we have doubled the forecast and we also have to set up a parallel championship with another category to accommodate all the people who are left out because they have no place due to the level of the 26 best drivers? We cover only one language (we are trying to open the doors to english, but is difficult), and due to geography here only Spanish-speakers in Spain can run with no ping, we not cover South America due ping problems, is difficult to get less than 200ms from there. Given this, the figures of which I speak don't speak bad about rF2.

The total amount of drivers that have competed in at least one round of the winter series is 40, which is not bad to say most top drivers don't even bother competing in the winter series. Based on that I imagine FSR could fill 3 divisions still with rF2 so I really don't think that would be a problem. Obviously we need to evaluate pros and cons but personally if tracks are ready I can't see why we can't use rFactor 2. I was skeptical to start with but having raced with it for 4 races I think it seems fine personally.

Also the computer performance thing really should not be an issue. I know that sounds harsh but you have to update some time. Whenever we upgrade to rFactor 2 there will always be someone who has not got a powerful enough computer because they haven't upgraded it recently so that really won't change unless we leave it until rF2 is out of date anyway. In which case what would be the point in switching? I sympathise with those who cannot run rF2 but we do have to do update sometime. In regard to the damage model, I believe the FSR admins have already taken steps towards fixing this although it might not be totally complete yet as an update was released before the Long Beach race that saw a damage model update. Also I think the ISI update helped a little as well. Admittedly its still not perfect but we do have at least a month or two before the season start so that would give us a little bit of time anyway.

EDIT: Also based on the F1-grade tracks I have found for rFactor 2 you could now have an 11 race season without converting any old tracks. That would mean FSR would only have to convert 4 tracks from rF1 to bring it up to the 15 race season we had last season so maybe that's not an issue after all.

List of tracks available that are F1 suitable:
1. Sakhir International Circuit
2. Monza
3. Silverstone
4. Fuji Speedway
5. Hockenheim
6. Indianapolis
7. Istanbul Park
8. Monaco
9. Melbourne
10. Montreal
11. Spa-Francorchamps
(I may have missed some, let me know if I have)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%