Season 13 - General Discussion

Also I am surprised that with 62 min race 90% are 1 stopping, 3 minutes longer and 90% are 2 stopping. Makes me think we shoudl have gone for 63 minutes instead :) (is it too late to change?)

At least in my case I played it oversafe with the 2 stops. Some events I load enough fuel to switch 1/2 depending on my feeling during the race , but this time with the extra 3 minutes I chose beforehand.

Seeing how it came down after lap 1, I would have probably attempted a 1 stop if I had had the option.

excuse me . where can i sign to race on this league??? sorry for my bad english...

First post to read: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/new-league-members-prestogp-explained.16320/
Second post to read: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-12-general-info-undergoing-updating.64079/

Check the calendar too, so you know the schedule. Race happens mostly every other week but since we are trying to follow F1 schedule, there are couple of races with one week apart.

In short, the steps needed (and sorry that it's a bit complicated, but that seems to work, this is 12th season, after all;) )
Register to PrestoGP.com with your real name.
Apply for Racedepartment license.
Start driving online in PrestoGP servers with a profile that matches your RD and PrestoGP registered names.
That's about it. You will hear the word Safety alot, that is priority numero Uno :)

And finally, welcome. Looking forward seeing you on track :)

What video capture software are you guys using? I use msi afterburner on everything else but Race, it crashes :( Tried Fraps: nope, free capture time 30 seconds.. Next i tried this crap that leaves a bouncing watermark.. and of course it used non-square pixels in it's fast compression mode so it comes out in Youtube in 4:3 format.. Piece of crap. Anyway, need to find a new capture software or get msi afterburner to work.. Race is the only game that crashes with it..

I'll do a new video tomorrow but here's a little teaser for hopefully upcoming GP2 mod.. The one in circulation is crap, it's totally wrong size, too short, too narrow, too low, too small tires.... Need testers, i plan to get this finished during this season.. Doesn't take a lot of time, half an hour per week. PM me for details and download link..

Specs:
+622bhp@10 000RPM, with peaky torque curve. Starts are a question of skill, you can bog and stall.. The max output is a bit higher than the real thing, need more data to tweak it to the real 612bhp..
680kg with driver. Inertia is realistic, unlike 80% of mods that uses some combination of low mass/hi inertia or vice versa, usually making the thing too easy to drive.. Too much mass and low inertia gives you more grip without any negatives, breaking the laws of physics in the process :(
New tire model, with narrow peak slip range (peak grip is high but dropoff is fast) A lot of influence is taken from MMG 2007 mod (plus about 5 others, including F3000), GP2 uses the same compounds as F1, that makes things easier to simulate..
Tire temperatures matter! You need to take care of the tires or they will be ruined.. Driving style has huge impact on wear and temperatures. They warm up fast and they cool down fast. Treat them well and they are just fantastic.
3 Compounds, wear rate fitted to 65 minutes race with softs going for 12 laps, medium 18 and hards over 25. Time difference seems to support 1 or 2 stop strategies with lots of options. Like soft/hard 1 stopper, medium/medium/soft 2 stopper...
Updated suspension geometry (thanks to April)
Realistic brake torque, on 100% you will lock up on top speed and with full aero. On the video below, i had 85% and still locking up.
New aero, less downforce, more drag. Top speed with Monza setup is 322km/h but most likely you will never want to drive with so low wings..
FormulaRR chassis, that's pretty close to real GP2 (we are talking couple of centimeters in length, width is exactly the same and height too..Thanks goes to SimBin that allows modding their content freely.. It is a bit funny that FormulaRR is almost identical to GP2.. maybe they couldn't get a license? ;) maybe .. )
Setup parameter ranges are widened, a lot.. no more of those "everyone is at minimum spring rates".. You can set this thing to be totally awful and undriveable. In the video below the car is set at 30NM/s springs and it shows..
FormulaRR skins can be used, just change the car model.. ;) That means about all F1 seasons and bunch of classic liveries too.. Pretty sweet bonus..

Now it's all about getting more data and as i'm not the fastest driver, need to check that the limits imposed on the project are met (laptimes comparable to GP2 2013 season, rather a mile towards HardCore than a millimeter arcade... The lap below is with softs, a qualy run (yeah, yeah, i'm rubbish at hotlapping, it's not a clean run, pb is second faster..).

If you are interested, first a warning: In NO case shall this take a single second away from PrestoGP duties!!! This is THE most important factor. I will ask drivers outside the league to do the grunt work but it would be extremely beneficial to get some talents to give opinions. Race simulations are not your concern. So even if you really want but participating means less race practice, please think again.

Last edited:
First post to read: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/new-league-members-prestogp-explained.16320/
Second post to read: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-12-general-info-undergoing-updating.64079/

Check the calendar too, so you know the schedule. Race happens mostly every other week but since we are trying to follow F1 schedule, there are couple of races with one week apart.

In short, the steps needed (and sorry that it's a bit complicated, but that seems to work, this is 12th season, after all;) )
Register to PrestoGP.com with your real name.
Apply for Racedepartment license.
Start driving online in PrestoGP servers with a profile that matches your RD and PrestoGP registered names.
That's about it. You will hear the word Safety alot, that is priority numero Uno :)

And finally, welcome. Looking forward seeing you on track :)
thank you very much!!

Updates about to happen when you next time open your game-pc:

Windows critical, can take a while.. I think it's hotfix for office2010+ .rtf file zero day vulnerability.
Steam update, don't what it is, i needed to manually launch config.exe (Steam\steamapps\common\race07) to get race07 working. For you "why did we change to common folder", this is why.. The location is the same in all pcs, everywhere in the world..

Along these seasons I learned put many attentions at videos and many tips written here and there from ours champions:) so when time race is start I have on my shoulders (is virtual:D) 3 monkeys that say me Vale u brake late, Vale u are out of line, wrong gear.,etc....I try to hear their but it's not so easy because or I drive or I listen:roflmao: at last the BOSS:D behind that push for a PrestoGP always better.

mwtMTK

after see this I think may be a bit of overload on my car when I run but big stability on turns

here a link if no image:)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121758018@N08/13472052645/

Last edited:
There is a chance we will be more than 25 drivers ready for the Sepang race. I think it would be wise to tackle that problem now and not at the race itself :)

I am thinking to start out with a signup for the race, and if there are more than 25 we need to find a way to decide. Words like attendance/finishing history and preparedness comes to mind :)

Any suggestions or views on this issue are more than welcome :thumbsup:

The following 28 might be planning on racing on Wednesday (last one need to become a licensed member first) (am I forgetting anyone?):
sean greenlaw
David Turnbull
Tim McIver
jim hawley
Vincenzo Cavaliere
nicolai Nicholson
Guus Verver
Reik Major
Bob Miley
Richard Hill
Peter Decker
Nicolas Rouge
valerio vinassa
Jan Sramek
April Dillon
Bob Laube
Nelson Ullinskey
Bob Luneski
Alberto Casado
Valter Ostman
Julius Fahlbusch
kurt kjellin
Anthony Ishak
Kennett Ylitalo
Kobe Claes
Eliezer Bartik
MERT KAYAR
Tito82

I'm personally against a switch to GSC. The cars are great, but it strikes me as being a downgrade in terms of what the engine can do, as we'd lose wet weather. And I for one would prefer to keep the wet weather, just to be more faithful to the real sport. This was one of the things that attracted me to Presto during S11.

There is a chance we will be more than 25 drivers ready for the Sepang race. I think it would be wise to tackle that problem now and not at the race itself :)

I am thinking to start out with a signup for the race, and if there are more than 25 we need to find a way to decide. Words like attendance/finishing history and preparedness comes to mind :)

Any suggestions or views on this issue are more than welcome :thumbsup:

Good idea!

My suggestion:
1. We do a signup list. Deadline should be Monday evening at 8pm so newcomers can get a notice that night and thus have Tuesday's whole evening for practice etc and not only the race day to prepare.
2. Cut off those who signed up last to the season - this early into the season I'd go for that. Otherwise e.g. attendance/finishes/preparedness could be more important.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back