SEASON 11 Race 3 SUZUKA INCIDENT REPORT

First, sorry for this long post. You can watch the 3 minutes video and you will see it all. The post explains what i should correct in the futur.

Many mistakes for me, and some touch with Alberto, Nicolas and Valter. All shown in this video.

What i could do better:

incident 1: Focus on driving and thrust the crew chief for setting the rad correctly. :(

Incident 2: Stay on the track (avoid the grass) and keep more inside so Alberto will have more room. Even though, like he said, he didn't saw me so we might have touch anyway.

Incident 3 : Once again, stay focus to avoid stupid off track rides. I don't think i could stay much more on the left to leave more room to Valter without making it dangerously close to the grass. Maybe Valter could just lift up the throttle a bit entering the 5th gear right hander before the hairpin, and stay more right. My plan was to keep it as much left as possible and make a very tight hairpin, as i thought that was the safest thing to do. At least we didn't had an accident, just a bit of work for my mechanic crew. :O_o:

Incident 4 : Brake just a little bit more when i see 2 drivers having difficulties at the chicane.

Incident 5 : No touch there, just me who lose a lot of time once again. I should be more cautious when i see something strange ahead.

Undesired cut : I hope you all agree i did nothing wrong there. If not, please tell me what was i suppose to do.

Incident 6 : At that point my pace was much faster than Nicolas and i try something where there was not enough room. Hope Nicolas like the french kisses :laugh: Sorry mate!

Incident 7 : Lack of concentration, no hurt for Nicolas fortunatly.

Accident : I think i should press esc a bit faster. Very happy my car stay left there cos someone was coming.

Most of these include only me, but in each of them, there could be danger for other drivers so its the reason why i report them all.

From there i can only improve. But honestly, i start to think i never have enough peace of mind when race starts. I never know when i'll get a phone call from work. I often do mistakes by looking at XD. I do mistakes also when i try to be too carefull for others. Big questionning for me. Is it worth it to participate in PrestoGP anymore?!?!?

Steeve

Had a couple of incidents with Peter early in the race. I'll have a look at the replays later and report in.

We had some nudges, especially when Alex came attacking and bumping around ;) But no harm done to me at least. I checked the replay and hope you felt ok about the fight. Those were the most fun laps for a while I'd say! Too bad I lost control in T2 and lost 10-15 secs. If that hadn't happened, maybe we would fight the whole race :) Point-wise we seem pretty even in race :thumbsup:

TS 846 incident with Peter.

Peter had a spin earlier and came behind me , he had a better exit out of spoon curve and tried a pass on me, then suddenly his front right hit my rear left , my car span and hit the wall with the front first . the car was heavily damaged , the steering wheel was bent and lost the front wing. i had to let everyone pass me as the car was un-drivable.
After repair i came out 2 laps down :(

Peter did wait for me , I am not sure what exactly happened there , watching the replay it seems Peter lost control right when he tried the pass.

Anthony

Yeah, that one felt really bad :(:(:( I am so sorry for ruining your race like that.

I did not lose control, but to me it seemed we had at least half a meter margin, and then all of a sudden (we are talking milliseconds) you came to the left. I saw your ping was above 200ms, so maybe that could be it. In the replay it looks like you are stable and I was only a few centimeters from you, and then I was the one who turned into you.

I have learnt to keep more distance and will work to fix that :(

Steeve: I know how hard it is to drive well if my mind is not at ease. I need at least 30 minutes do do some laps, prepare my setups, pit stop strategy etc.

If you focus on the things you can affect, such as preparing setups and pit-stop strategies well in time for the race, it might help. Also, consider turning off XD if it takes away your concentration.

I do not say this to "tell you off" in any way, I am just trying to make you continue racing with us. See it is a challenge, snap your fingers to put yourself into instant racing mode :thumbsup:

Peter: Those who have raced here for several seasons have learned (the hard way) to use some extra safety margins around Tim and Anthony (and possibly Steeve as well) because of the small lag issue.

Yesterday I switched off my replays (to avoid freezes, maybe replays were one of the reasons), so I have nothing from Suzuka. I also did not find this season's replays at mydrive.ch
Anyone please share your replay to let me see my adventures in Japan :ninja:

incident 1

btw the incident 1 thing for your revs beeing higher than normal.

I have a suspicion that there's a crazy bug with the track that sometimes gives you a slipstream-effect even when there is noone directly in front of you.

I had this a couple of times in practice too and atleast 3 times in the race also.

Sometimes I would reach slipstream like speeds on either the s/f-straight or on the straight right before 130r.

p.s.: You may actually had actual slipstream with someone somewhat in front of you, but I swear you could get it also with noone een near you :)

Big questionning for me. Is it worth it to participate in PrestoGP anymore?!?!?

Steeve
Steeve, you've got the speed! You just need more practice and your mistakes will disappear. Stay with us! It's nice to race with you! :thumbsup:

Ditto. It was worth me running after being put out of the race twice in a row by turn 2. You're fast, fair, and fun to drive with. Three essential qualities. I also echo Nico's comment on XD. I have everything turned on when I'm practicing, but on race day I turn it off and just use the standard in game "gap to driver ahead and gap to driver behind" display. Helps me focus on driving.

My incidents in Japan.

1) TS 415 (Lap 3)
I was chasing Peter and Tim. I was a little late on brakes before Casio and slightly touched Peter's rear. We both continued without damages and no big time was lost.
01.jpg

2) TS 520 (Lap 4)
The same place, the same guys ahead of me. Peter and Tim go side by side braking before Casio. I was watching that battle and lost my braking point. Fortunately I avoided any contact. I must be more careful on hard brakings in future especially with few guys in front of me. I could ruin the race of Tim and Peter :mad:
02.jpg

3) TS 1360 (Lap 12)
After my 1st pit-stop I catched Valter who had not pitted yet. He was much slower and I tried to overtake him before Degner. Valter followed his line and I touched his right-rear wheel, he spun :( Now I see that I had to wait for him, but in the cockpit I was sure that my attempt was completely legal and there was not my fault. Now I see that I was wrong. Sorry Valter. That was too optimistic and surprisingly stupid. In future I will wait for better opportunity.
03.jpg

4) TS 1415 (Lap 12)
Later on this lap I was right behind Kennett (who also had not pitted yet). Once again the same mistake as in first two incidents - I was too late on brakes and not enough cautious before Casio. Sorry Kennett. I hope you did not lose too much time returning from gravel.
04.jpg

That's all. I will do my best to avoid such stupid mistakes in future. Sorry guys if I have messed up someone's race. :notworthy:

Steeve and Nico: exactly the opposite has worked for me, less practice. I find that my mind wonders very very easily so going on a track with 200 laps of practice destroys my concentration. For Suzuka, i made only 4 stints plus few shorter runs to hone setup (2 x 7 laps to compare setups, chose Nicos, made the engine mapping change and planned a very short run that extended in to a stint with fuel+no tires pitstop halfway. Then aerobalance check 2 x 2 laps, ARB change and two stints in a row, fuel strategy calc and another stint with pitstop practice and continued with maybe 5 laps worth of "hotlapping" with 70-60 liters...)

That's very low but seems to work a lot better. I have no alternatives, i have to concentrate since there are variables still unknown. Some corners might need work and from the past seasons not just in PrestoGP the best solution has been to follow 20 cars thru those corners and it just "clicks". So in order to keep concentrating, i need something to learn.. Otherwise my mind goes to deep thinking mode with all kinds of philosophical meta stuff about racing and i find myself on the wall.

Alex: No real harm done, at most i lost one position but that is just wishful thinking fom my part (the position i would've possibly gained had a driver that took it easy and controlled the distance, on 1 vs 1 fight with him i would've lost anyway.. and i didn't want close fighting at all..) I wasn't even that bummed during the incident, specially when i knew that i was going to pits and you'd get a larger than usual penalty thinking where the hell i went while i was driving full speed in the other side of the pitwall... And Nicolas was coming behind, we use the same skin (by chance, i might change...) adding to that confusion..

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea