SEASON 11 Race 3 SUZUKA INCIDENT REPORT

Alex: No real harm done, at most i lost one position but that is just wishful thinking fom my part (the position i would've possibly gained had a driver that took it easy and controlled the distance, on 1 vs 1 fight with him i would've lost anyway.. and i didn't want close fighting at all..) I wasn't even that bummed during the incident, specially when i knew that i was going to pits and you'd get a larger than usual penalty thinking where the hell i went while i was driving full speed in the other side of the pitwall... And Nicolas was coming behind, we use the same skin (by chance, i might change...) adding to that confusion..
Good to know that my aggression did not screw up your race.
And yeah, I was waiting for a yellow car on the main straight. Finally I saw it in my mirror and what was my surprise to see Nicolas in it, but not you :geek: Then I realised you were at the pitlane already :thumbsup:

Just an idea: if anyone needs to practice overtaking marginally slower cars, i'd be happy to practice together. You can just pass me, wait until i have made thru, pass me again etc. I'll be just driving like in regular stint practice/race.

Oh, forgot. While letting Reik lap, i took the last chicane "Senna" route. Not a incident but worth a mention, he didn't want to pass me so quick, i think we touched (or not, it was VERY close..) and i decided to signal even stronger, released brakes and went off roading (the "Senna" escape route is not modelled :( )

What is the correct procedure if it a slight tap that can be judged at least 51/49 or more to be the fault of the lapped car (i feel that was the case here) and spin happens? What it the fault is other way, what kind of incident demands lapping car to wait?

IMHO, the fault has to be 100% lapping car, it has to be perfectly clear for both immediately in order to demand a lapped car to wait after incident. For ex. lapped car gives raceline in the straight, lapped car stays on tow hoping to get some aero advantage and then brakes way too late, pushing the lapped car off track. This is 100% lapped cars fault. Failure to read signals, a bit dubious location on overtake etc. can be judged either way.

Everyone tries to avoid these like it's plague and personally lapping cars have showed extreme care and good judgement. Of course they do, every overtake is a risk and when it's lapping cars, there's no reward, the whole procedure induces a penalty on both parties.. Neither actually wants to do it but it just something that is inevitable.

But when the worst happens, we should know immediately what to do. It relieves tension on track and lapped car doesn't have to feel guilty and lose concentration. I'm lapped in every race and i feel that if i have even 1% of fault, i'm the only one that has to suffer. My season won't be over for one injustice while for championship contenders it might be a deciding factor. Hell, i'm not even fighting on seconds (well, last race i was but that was a bit special..) but tens of seconds. Losing 4 seconds makes no difference...

Double post.. sorry, slightly different angle..... But you can see that i'm a bit worried on my own choices in Suzuka: finally i was really racing against people and the four lappings that happened on track, three had something to improve.

I would like to hear from those who lapped me how it affects them, sort of like a review. I often leave racing line on long corners, brake deep etc. and the opportunity arrives maybe unexpectedly as i'm trying to minimize the time lost. When it's perfect, i lose one or two tenths, on average 0.5-1s.. In Suzuka, even with off roading a bit, i still gained 5-6 seconds (most lappings happened on the last pitstop, i think).. That's very little but i like to keep perfecting it since it's very important part of my racing strategy: to lose less time than people around me. When possible i do it on straights but that rarely happens (i do have better exit than entry..) and it seems like the top drivers can't catch me so well on straights but they can be behind me at T3 and thus would have to sometimes follow me 1/3 of the lap... With my braking distances, it's totally different rhythm and i don't feel safe (sorry guys, but i don't, i've seen too many panic brakes and lock ups in the mirrors..) it's better for both if you don't have to go behind me thru turns.

Last edited:
Only 1, when I got braking wrong inside line into chicane with Reik but I think all is well :thumbsup:

I think it was a cool racing moment with decent car controll (I can tell from my side :cool:). Wasn't in big trouble though.

When braking hard and late on the outside, I knew the car would slightly start overbraking. And so it did in a controlled way by dosing the brake pressure all the time. We didn't touch there.

Just wanted to make a short video after the race but somehow my PC didn't want to record anything without huge stuttering. :mad:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back