SEASON 11 Race 2 SINGAPORE INCIDENT REPORT

@Anthony Ishak Of course I accept your apology, I never thought for a moment you intentionally hit me. I don't believe anyone in Presto would ever do so. As I said in my post I'm not pissed at you,

...Preaching mode on

but at the entire leagues inability to keep their testosterone under control until the race is safely underway. The 3 practice starts were all disasters. These cars do not react or behave the way you expect when heavy with fuel on cold tires and cold brakes. If that means you have to concede a position in the first few turns for the sake of safety then that's what we all have to do. People need to remember they still have 62 minutes to get it back.

Preaching mode off....

My father taught me if you look hard enough you can always find something positive about an experience. I managed to find 2 things:

1) When I was careening towards the wall I desperately tried to turn the wheel, but instead ended up breaking both table mount clamps on my G25. Having race ending damage AND holding a broken my wheel in my hands did not help my post race mood. (Stay with me here, this ends up being a positive :thumbsup:) On my way to the trash with the broken wheel I noticed for the first time mounting nuts embedded in the bottom to allow a bolt on installation. In my garage I managed to find exactly 2 bolts with the correct threads. I have an Obutto cockpit and went back into my den with drill and bolts in hand. In 10 minutes I centered, marked, and drilled 2 holes in the cockpit wheel platform, then inserted the bolts from below to secure the wheel. The wheel now moves less and steering is more stable and feels better than ever.

2) I've put in a lot of time practicing this season. ~30 hours of practice over the last month for less than 30 seconds of total race time is very discouraging. However, the silver lining is that I posted the 9th best time at Spa and the 7th best time at Singapore. In 8 seasons (here and Presto Pacific when it existed) I've only been in the top 10 once before and have historically been ~15th or 16th. I've never had a top 10 qualify before and despite choking and being well off my PB, I still qualified 9th at Singapore. So there is some evidence that the practice is making a difference.

As Jim mentioned, I've had exceptionally bad luck this season. Eventually I'll get to race. Beware "Backmarker Bob" has a new wheel...:cool:

Last edited:
Sorry Valter about the t7 incident completely my fault hands up to that one as I tried to go up the inside I braked well too late and locked upand didn't anticipate the angle that I was entering the corner. There is no excuse. Sorry if it caused damage. :(

Solution- I should have braked earlier and anticipated better

The incident in the braking area for t8 I can't remember seeing you and I thought the Track was clear but I need to watch the replay on that one cause I spun twice there but again sorry :(
No problem at all Richard. Our internal fight was very fun over all. I'm glad you were there. I just wanted to point out how we usually act in that kind of situations.

ts:850. Alberto came in from a half-spin in front of me and I touched him a little. I think you should have waited a short while in that dangerously winding section. T16 I think.

I was surprised to read I did such thing, so I went back to check the replay and in fact, I didn't.

I had not spun or anything like that, I was letting through Alex (830), off line and a bit slow to let pass Nicolas (858), and then you dived in the turn like I was not even there (861) :O_o:

I don't feel guilty for that one.

I was surprised to read I did such thing, so I went back to check the replay and in fact, I didn't.

I had not spun or anything like that, I was letting through Alex (830), off line and a bit slow to let pass Nicolas (858), and then you dived in the turn like I was not even there (861) :O_o:

I don't feel guilty for that one.
Sorry if You feel that way mate. It wasn't my intention to offend you. I just guessed that it was a slide when you were slow there. We usually have about the same speed. Sorry man.

Sorry if You feel that way mate. It wasn't my intention to offend you. I just guessed that it was a slide when you were slow there. We usually have about the same speed. Sorry man.

No offense taken! Just defending the little honor I have...
As a perpetual back-marker I cannot take pride in my speed, so I usually settle for being the car that everybody likes to lap. You had me worried there (I had two half-spins in race, but I would have sworn I was 100% alone)

I hope you agree that this does not look at all like me rejoining race unsafely:

As a perpetual back-marker I cannot take pride in my speed, so I usually settle for being the car that everybody likes to lap. You had me worried there (I had two half-spins in race, but I would have sworn I was 100% alone)

I hope you agree that this does not look at all like me rejoining race unsafely:

And I also hope next race indeed we will be in similar speed and enjoy some racing :thumbsup:

P.S. My apologies to Valter and to Nicolai about my slightly too harsh tone. I practiced a lot for this event, had a nice pre-race on Monday and my expectations high for yesterday, the way the race went down was a total bummer and I did not digest it well until now.

Last edited:
P.S. My apologies to Valter and to Nicolai about my slightly too harsh tone. I practiced a lot for this event, had a nice pre-race on Monday and my expectations high for yesterday, the way the race went down was a total bummer and I did not digest it well until now.
I know that feeling all too well Alberto. There is nothing we want more than to see everybody get a chance to finish the race without incidents. I felt very bad for contributing towards ruining your evening :( For the next race everybody should make it their top priority to contribute towards an incident free race :thumbsup:

EDIT: Btw, i don't see you doing anything wrong in the video you posted. Posting video's is always good, it helps the whole community learn from situations and become more syncronised and harmonic when dancing on track :)

Last edited:
Incident 1 (lap 1) with Bob:
I don’t know what to say. I was not able to make the corner, for the following reasons:
-wrong setup, I made a mistake so the setup I used lacked a bit front grip (90 front arb instead of 110)
-cold tyres and heavy car on lap 1
-losing some downforce behind Bob Laube
-the strange phenomena where one often follow the mistake of the driver close ahead.

In the race I was unsure if it happened because Bob lost too much speed due to his own mistake, it all happened so fast. I decided to wait, but after letting 3 cars ahead of me and still not seeing Bob behind I decided to continue racing.

Anyhoo, the replay show that I am to blame for that incident (although I don’t think it would have happened if Bob had made the chicane) and I am very sorry Bob, I will be more careful in the future.

Incident 2 (lap 4) with Alberto:
I had been “stuck” behind Vale and Alberto since the start of lap 2, and finally I got a chance to challenge after passing Vale moments earlier.

It was a fight that lasted several turns, and you didn’t make it easy for me (nothing wrong with that). In the end I got a good exit compared to you and managed to get ahead some moments before the braking zone. At this point you had already lost the battle and should have lifted ever so slightly to safely slot in behind after my turn-in. The cars behind are in view of the situation and should anticipate any slight drop in pace.

Having said all this, I am very sorry for the situation, and if I had known it would end the way it did, I would not have done it. Also we (more seasoned drivers) have a responsibility not to put new drivers in a too tricky/challenging situation. But for future reference I do not think we can say I did anything wrong.

Incident 3 (exiting pits lap 25) with Vale
This was a big mistake from me. I was fighting for positions with someone that pitted one lap earlier, so I was “in a hurry”. I remember I was aware that someone (did not know who) was coming down the straight. I knew I needed to do a tight apex but braked too late and hit Vale. It was 100% my mistake, and I am very sorry to Vale.

My problem here was that I didn’t have a braking point for making a tight exit from the pits, nor did I consider this until it was time for braking. In the future I will make sure to practice this in the practice session before the race.

Cutting and running wide (2-9):
Both my cuts (accidental) happened at the same place, and I lost loads of time both times as I got a terrible entry to the following chicane.

Half of my wides are because of mistakes where I lose time while the other half is that I push too hard and am too greedy :thumbsdown: to do what is needed to stay on track.

Last edited:
is there an incident between you two? was it in your video nico? im not seeing any incidents in the video, i see a very good pass :thumbsup:

On a colder view. Yes, I was a bit clumsy there (I already said that by race rules the pass was fine).

I would appreciate, though, that when one of you megafast guys gets involved in an accident and end up behind me, choose a nice wide turn to attack me so I don't need more reflexes that the little I have to not crush myself (or both).

for the record my incident with sean is sorted, i broke early to be cautious with dino, he broke later, we collided, racing incident :thumbsup:

incident with guus is sorted too, my rentry caused guus to not see me at his side, he shouldve heard or felt contact but in the heat of the moment i can understand him not :thumbsup:

Now I'm ashamed of my post. I had it all wrong. It was my fault all the way. Sorry Alberto you just slowed a bit to let them by.

Nicolai Nicholson said
Incident 1 (lap 1) with Bob:

I don’t know what to say. I was not able to make the corner, for the following reasons:
-wrong setup, I made a mistake so the setup I used lacked a bit front grip (90 front arb instead of 110)
-cold tyres and heavy car on lap 1
-losing some downforce behind Bob Laube
-the strange phenomena where one often follow the mistake of the driver close ahead.

In the race I was unsure if it happened because Bob lost too much speed due to his own mistake, it all happened so fast. I decided to wait, but after letting 3 cars ahead of me and still not seeing Bob behind I decided to continue racing.

Anyhoo, the replay show that I am to blame for that incident (although I don’t think it would have happened if Bob had made the chicane) and I am very sorry Bob, I will be more careful in the future.

@Nicolai Nicholson

OMG:geek:
I had not realized that my boss turned me around here.

I had assumed was a result of the spin, to my
strong drive over the curbs.

But no problem Nicolai, I was very happy!
No more invisible participants and also my steering settings
are not lost, as in the first race.
And I made it to the finish :thumbsup:

CYA !

ts:590. Nicolas and I touch a bit exciting T9. Sorry I didn't react faster. I think it was ok for you to give "full power" there, as Kimi would have said:) The power-slide was nice to watch. We both left the place unharmed I'm happy to state.
Sorry for that, my car was tail happy, very heavy with fuel. Drifting is nice to see, but not efficient :)

ts 2808 - 2812 : double tap Nicolai and Valerio, just after Nicolai's second pit exit. Tried my best to avoid that but couldn't. Funny mess :)

Incident Report (This is the last time this season it will be so late...)

Lap 5 TS575 – Contact with David

David mentioned this minor incident in his report too. At the time I thought David was a bit harsh and didn’t leave me enough room. Watching the replay however I never really had the right to the space on the outside so I think David was well within his rights to hold the racing line and shut the door on me. I don’t think there was much of a sync issue I just thought there would be more room than there was. In summary, I’m sorry, the small contact was my fault, I’m glad there were no consequences.

Lap 17 TS1963 – Contact with Anthony

Guus and I were in a tight battle and caught Anthony rapidly at the end of his first stint (one stopper). I thought I was quite patient then made my move up the inside exiting the final turn. Unfortunately the reason Anthony had slowed was that he was heading for the pits. When he turned left to go in I was in the way.

I think this one was a racing incident. I should have been more aware of the possibility of him pitting. I think it might also have been good for Anthony to stay tight on the inside so that I had to go outside and leave his path clear. I think that was his intension but the old tires didn’t like the inside so much!

Guus did very well out of the incident cruising around the outside of both of us. Again I’m glad Anthony and I continued on without too much trouble.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back