SEASON 11 Race 2 SINGAPORE INCIDENT REPORT

TS 133 Anthony hits me from behind in T2 pushing me into the wall, "damage is not repairable" race over.

Flame on...:mad:
This is the second race in a row I've been hit with race ending damage by T2. I worked my a** off practicing for the last 10 days. Had the 7th best time recorded on Presto Servers @ 1.43.951 choked a bit but still qualed 9th@ 144.7 What's the f***ing point of practicing when races end in 20 seconds because everyone is trying to win the race in the first few turns. Regardless of how many practice starts or how many times people are reminded to take it easy and be careful in the first few turns, it always happens. If not to me then to someone else. I'm pissed beyond words, not at Anthony, but at the entire groups inability to learn and exercise enough caution in the first few turns so no ones race is ended before it even starts.
Flame off...

singcrash.jpg

Last edited:
Q: I ran a bit wide at turn 3 in my only timed lap (or is it turn4? The right-hander) I am sorry for that

R: I apologize for all the small cuts and slight wall-touches that happened, I tried to keep it as clean as possible.

I think I got a very small tap by David a couple of laps before the end, but I'm not bothering to look it further up though as it was mega-light and nothing happened :)

TS : 132 incident with Bob.
Bob and Richard were side by side exiting T2 , I was right behind them , I start following Bob who was on the left side but I realised that Jim was very close behind me on the left trying to pass so I stopped moving to the left to leave room for him and instead I start moving to the inside to take the turn behind Richard where there was plenty of room between us , Bob was still on the left side next to Richard but slightly behind him so I anticipated that both cars will take the turn side by side there but suddenly I realised that Bob start positioning his car to slot behind Richard instead and that caught me by surprise as everything happened too quickly and from where my car was positioned i could not do much as I already was committed to move behind Richard, I tried to steer to the left but it was too late and touched Bob from behind and that made him go over the curb , losing balance and hit the wall.
I did not wait for Bob as first it was risky stopping there and second I felt it was not 100% my fault so to not ruin both race but I was not happy to see it happening and i kept thinking about it the whole race .

I am very sorry Bob that you had to endure another DNF and this time was because of me , I never try to push any person out of the race that is for sure , you can watch my start and see how careful I was, it was just an unfortunate incident and I understand your frustration , I hope you accept my apology and trust me I had nothing to win there , I was looking forward to have a nice battle with you, so hopefully you get back your motivation for next race and I look forward to have another fight with you :)

turn 1 lap 1 - incident with sean

id got a very good start, was over a car length in front of sean and about to take the corner when suddenly divey mcdiverson knocked me off the track :confused:, i then had to take the rosberg route to turn 3 :roflmao: while being as safe at reentry as possible.

solution - sean should keep the diving to the local swimming pool :D

turn 3 lap 1 - incident with guus

after the olympic diving efforts of sean at turn 1 :p i tried to be as safe as possible but without losing lots of positions, i thought id managed this well until guus came over and slowly started putting me into the wall (i felt like barrichelo at this point :roflmao:) not much i could do except lift slightly and lose another position.

solution - obviously not made easy by the fact i had to reenter in the way i did but i was clearly visible at all times and was predictable in my move, guus shouldve been alert to this and gave me more room and not continued to push me into the wall.

the video shows both incidents.

the small touch i think your referring to dino was later in the race at the tunnel? i was going to try take advantage of you lapping another car, i went for the inside as you turned in, slight contact nothing major though :)

solution - optamistic move by me, glad no consequences.

another small incident ive noticed is with tim in the first part of the race, i thought i was clear past and in the replay it looks like it but tim jumps a bit and sends him over the kerb, slight sync issue tim? will try avoid that in future, had totally forgetten about it because weve not dealt with one for so long, sorry :thumbsup:

solution - give tim more room, dont shut the door without giving a margin for error on our aussie friends.

yep David, im sorry for that one. I couldnt see you and I did not expect you there. I checked the replay and in both front and rear view you were completely invisible to me from the moment you went off in T1 up until I pushed you. Maybe I could have heard you or pressed the look right button but honestly I just did not expect you there so soon :)

got past 4 cars due to diverse touches. Then on lap 4 nicolai got parallel to me at the triple corner. I honestly don't know what I am supposed to do there, it is a corner for one and just one car. Tried to give all the space I could, jumped over the kerb, lost the back, goodbye front wing.
I am sorry Alberto, I remember the situation but need to see it again on replay. From memory I remember expecting you to pull out of the fight as we were side by side heading towards the chicane where there is only room for 1, but I might be wrong and that I myself should have pulled out.

I am sorry Alberto, I remember the situation but need to see it again on replay. From memory I remember expecting you to pull out of the fight as we were side by side heading towards the chicane where there is only room for 1, but I might be wrong and that I myself should have pulled out.

By all legal racing standards, the position and the apex was yours. But in that turn there are no safe alternative lines (same goes for the tunnel turns).

I would advocate for a bit of sanity when choosing overtaking points.If I had slowed down enough to go in behind you (and that is slowing down a lot) I would have had to let pass the other 2 cars tailing us, maybe even caused an accident with them. So yes, the overtake was clean, but you set me up in a very uncomfortable situation.

Only incident is with David t1 I didn't feel anything in race :(, I was just trying to hold inside line but looking back I think there's also a lot more track to use plenty room for both us there I think if you knew I was gonna be there, im technically just ahead before turn lol.
You were obviously taking by surprise though so really sos not very nice surprize :( but at the time I thought it was a nice pass lol and if you thought I was maybe going to be there and left room it would have been a perfect pass.

ts:590. Nicolas and I touch a bit exciting T9. Sorry I didn't react faster. I think it was ok for you to give "full power" there, as Kimi would have said:) The power-slide was nice to watch. We both left the place unharmed I'm happy to state.

ts:850. Alberto came in from a half-spin in front of me and I touched him a little. I think you should have waited a short while in that dangerously winding section. T16 I think.

ts:2170. Richard reentered in front of me after a stand still in the braking zone for T8. I had to slow and go around. Not exactly the Presto style to come back on track in front of someone in a 90 degree turn. You should have waited.

ts:2860. T7. Richard comes up on the inside during braking and slides out a bit when he try to turn in. We touch wheels. I think I left more than two cars space on the inside so I didn't expect that contact.

Sorry Valter about the t7 incident completely my fault hands up to that one as I tried to go up the inside I braked well too late and locked upand didn't anticipate the angle that I was entering the corner. There is no excuse. Sorry if it caused damage. :(

Solution- I should have braked earlier and anticipated better

The incident in the braking area for t8 I can't remember seeing you and I thought the Track was clear but I need to watch the replay on that one cause I spun twice there but again sorry :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%