Season 11 Race 02 - SUZUKA setup thread

I haven't been on for a few days or did any stints so will let you know, usually some more pressure and or slight harder springs should help last longer. I think sometimes some tracks you have to ignore the temps and just go with the % of wear at end or drive until you hear the tire wear warning :thumbsup:.

Edit: Fyi they lasted ok but temps were a bit technicolour in xd :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Try this one.. It has tweaked engine and brake mapping, both toned down for high revs oriented, short gearing, medium downforce. Braking happens with braking pedal type of approach and using higher gears on the braking phase too. You may have to increase brake pressure and steering angle.. I found 13 to fit me very well, don't have to max out even in the tightest hairpin. Downside is that no sudden sharp corrective motions so it has to be smooth lines even with the understeering nature. But upside of torque map is that you can press the throttle down very early, in the chicane your throttle is down even before the bumbs from the curbs has settled. Never spins out on exits..Edit: Felt good with 100 ARB front too, gives more front end grip without destroying aero balance.. Tires can handle that, it's figure of eight track, more even corners on left and right, chance to use bodyroll more freely. . I could do consistent 1:47s easier than with the attached setup

Based on Nicos setup so big thanks goes to him. I found this so easy that i could take Spoon corner with fingers on the wheel. Very predictable, doesn't mind trashing around and does not have high tire temps either. The rear end just sits planted. Take care of brake balance and brake temps, that's why rad2 on both coolings. You need fresh brakes all the time, the closer gearing should take care of any cooling loss.

It's race setup... and the first to go into engine mapping, i presume.. I did have an idea for 3rd suspensions but it has to wait until we get to more stop&go type of track.

Attachments

• Season11 - Suzuka - v003.svm
    2.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
That's true, turning seems to take forever but you just have to trust it to turn. Lowering ARB fixed a lot, it goes understeering in to corners but when it's time to apex, it digs in pretty nicely. For me, comfortability is a huge factor in Suzuka, the road is so so narrow.. Rather have a touch of understeer and stay further away from other vehicles than the opposite;) I'd be very surprised if we don't get 20% DNF in the dry what if it's wet... hmm, Suzuka in the rain.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back