SEASON 10 Race 4 MELBOURNE INCIDENT REPORT

@$%^&^&&^ Microsoft :mad: . Went wide on T1, started on 2nd straight, was dumped to desktop with a "You have a high priority update" dialog from Microsoft Update. No I @#@$@^&@ don;t want to update now :mad: . By the time I got back into the game I was crashed nose into the wall at the end of the straight. I thought I had automatic Windows Update turned off. Hope it didn't impact anyone else.

@$%^&^&&^ Microsoft :mad: . Went wide on T1, started on 2nd straight, was dumped to desktop with a "You have a high priority update" dialog from Microsoft Update. No I @#@$@^&@ don;t want to update now :mad: . By the time I got back into the game I was crashed nose into the wall at the end of the straight. I thought I had automatic Windows Update turned off. Hope it didn't impact anyone else.

Yesterday i noticed that my mediaserver was updated a year ago.. And then i got this:
0Zly3vb.jpg

Too sad they didn't go with "Your Automatic Update settings are not updated. To update this install of WIndows update, ..."

R: My incidents were related to cutting so to speak. I did it accidentaly on some occasions in the race when I've lost my feeling for the apex in the fast chicane for 2 or 3 laps. Can't for sure say I gained time as my rear stepped out over the curb because I was too far to the inside ;(
Sorry for that

On one occasion there was a situation where Sean was lapping someone coming into the fast chicane, and the other guy did let him past before the chicane and slowed down immensly to do that. I came from behind with such a massive overrun that I've decided to cut the entry on the inside to have enough safe space to all that.

Unfortunately it did, since you ran into my rear and sent me in the gravels. There was no damage on my car but that cost me some time and I regain the track in last position. However I don't blame you, such things can happen : I myself had a nVidia freeze tonight, fortunately without consequence, but I remember having some seasons ago also a nVidia freeze that caused another pilot to DNF because of me.
I don't think it really had a negative impact on my race, since I had some great moments passing a lot of people from the back, and I don't think that made a difference in the result.

No incidents to report:)

I had a small graphic blip early on which seemed to cost me about 5 car lengths on sean behind

I also had a total loss of confidence in the fast chicane which lasted 2 or 3 laps and as a result I cut the first apex a couple of times, I was sliding sideways as I did though so it was a big time loss, Sean EDIT: Dino will vouch for me as I think he saw it in his mirrors:sick:

Jim

I had one incident with David in the last lap of the race.

TS: 4099
What: Small touch while overtaking in T3 (Whiteford).
How to avoid: I think David left me too little room on the left. He should have kept on the inside and left the outside free for me. The touch is not heavy, but David's move of leaving me one tyre width room in this particular corner is not fair as it's known by all the drivers that the outside curb in T3 is very high and touching it results in trouble. Even without the curb his move had been questionable as there is no way two cars can make the corner when David takes the line he did.

incident with marko......

i wasnt aware there was a touch for that im sorry, what i see on the video is both of us brake very late, you slide and leave the racing line, i slide but manage to stay on the racing line, im sorry there was contact but i think i had every right to close the door there once youd drifted from the racing line, obviously id leave more room next time so as to avoid the slight contact. heres a video from my view, as you can see from my cockpit it doesnt look like i touch you, and i did publically state on the server i thought i kept it fair but left you little room.

incident with valter........

i was unsure wether valter would let me past before or after the chicane, it turned out he braked well before the normal brakin point and did neither, i slammed into the back of him nearly allowing marko to pass and take the lead, i expected a normal corner from valter and id get past on the next straight, i certainly didnt expect a very early brake on the racing line.

incident with marko......

i wasnt aware there was a touch for that im sorry, what i see on the video is both of us brake very late, you slide and leave the racing line, i slide but manage to stay on the racing line, im sorry there was contact but i think i had every right to close the door there once youd drifted from the racing line, obviously id leave more room next time so as to avoid the slight contact. heres a video from my view, as you can see from my cockpit it doesnt look like i touch you, and i did publically state on the server i thought i kept it fair but left you little room.

I did not really slide much in this situation. I was out of the racing line, because you were on the inside and I left you room so that we both could make the corner. You also enter the corner with correct speed, but when you see me on your left (slightly in front), you seem to decide to shut the door by driving on my side. At the time of the hit we are exactly side by side. I think rules are pretty clear in this that you have to leave space for another car that enters the corner side by side with you. Being on the racing line has nothing to do with this. I did everything so that we both could have made the corner without touch or incident, but you failed to do so and that's why we hit and I went out of the track. Also your comment about leaving more room next time is a bit lame considering you've had quite similar incident in season 9 with Tim at A1-Ring.

ok so that sounds a bit arguementative so all i'll say is im not going to take a 45 degree angle at a corner im defending when youve dived and missed your braking point, i'll let others decide what the course of action is here, i thought i was being pretty diplomatic about it but seems markos not happy with second.

btw i have already admitted to sliding in the braking zone and that im sorry for the contact and that i left very little space, what more do you want or need?

I had an incident involving myself and Anthony :(
It was at turn 3. I pushed his nose around. I waited...
Very sorry Anthony. I guess I did not leave enough of a "safety margin" to match my skill level. I'll review latter....

1- No problem Peter things happne, my car was perfectly fine , the only thing that we both lost places to Nicolas :cry: , we had a great fight but my car was not in a good shape to challange you for the rest of the race :O_o:..

2- Contact with Nicolai at the fast chicane . sorry no TS available from office .
We both were battling and were very close then right after that fast chicane i got pushed from behind, no damage to my car and i could stay ahead. You were not to blame for that contact Nicolai , you were on fresher tires and slightly faster, i was on older tires and already struggling with grip , especially on that fast turn ,i did not take that turn perfectly at that moment resulted in a slower speed than expected and that what has caused the contact i guess. my apology.

3- i might have cut the fast chicane few times but lost time instead, i was struggling with car balance for the whole race especially on that fast turn.

No major incidents.

About the David Turnbull incident.
Of course I'm sorry for the contact and your loss of time.
I was in the racing line, predictable in my view. We have discussed how to let lapping cars overtake without fighting back, but not necessarily leaving the racing line. A normal, slowing down a bit early to let you pass easily in a blue flag situation measure, from how I understand the agreement. I may well have misinterpreted what was said about letting lapping cars overtake smoothly.

There was only one thing you forgot to do; you need to make sure the passing car is overtaking you before you brake, ie the faster car has left the racingline. I know the place and you can let people pass by taking the first part of the chicane very wide, which i think was you idea, it was just too early then.

For Marko and David: I think that the situation is handled. David should've left more room, Marko was not going to disappear as he had the inside line to the next turn (very hard to pass there so most likely David would've kept the lead anyway.) David apologized, both of you know what was wrong so shake hands.

ok so that sounds a bit arguementative so all i'll say is im not going to take a 45 degree angle at a corner im defending when youve dived and missed your braking point, i'll let others decide what the course of action is here, i thought i was being pretty diplomatic about it but seems markos not happy with second.

btw i have already admitted to sliding in the braking zone and that im sorry for the contact and that i left very little space, what more do you want or need?

Perhaps a bit adrenaline-strengthen comments from me after yesterday's race. However, it does not change the fact that the incident happened, because some general rules of overtaking were not followed. I´m referring to this:
c) The defending driver is allowed to defend his position by moving off his racing line once only. As soon as the overtaking car has overlap the defending driver can only use the width of the track between the overtaking car on the one side and the track boundary on the other side to move in, without applying physical force to widen it. IE he must provide racing room for a driver who is alongside with significant overlap.

In your first comment you said that you had "every right to close the door there once youd drifted from the racing line". This statement and the rules quoted above are just so contradictory that for the safe racing in the future, I and other Presto members would like you to strictly denounce from your earlier comment. Otherwise safe races cannot be expected in the future.

For Marko and David: I think that the situation is handled. David should've left more room, Marko was not going to disappear as he had the inside line to the next turn (very hard to pass there so most likely David would've kept the lead anyway.) David apologized, both of you know what was wrong so shake hands.

Since we have no penalties for braking rules in Presto, we have to handle these situations a bit more careful than that. I have nothing against David, and I am glad he's back in pace. Apart from that last lap move we had a great race, one of my most if not the most exciting one at PrestoGP. But to make sure we can race safe in the future, we need to make sure everybody know and obey the rule quoted above at all times.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back