Season 10 - General Discussion

And gues who i saw this evening.....MOOOOOOOOOOOSCHT...Nice to see you MOOO*
Had a blast with F3K,thanks Steeve.
Valerio,yeah you could say i left the car in garage to rust...but even so,rusted how it is i still get her out for a spin. :p

:thumbsup: ;)

ScreenShot267_zps76299b36.jpg

I submitted an article to the online racing news, so hopefully we'll see Steeve's video there soon :thumbsup:

Guys, I was in a friendly and constructive manner made aware that we need to increase the standard if we want to have our articles published, both in terms of how it is written (should be professional and in a neutral style in line with the other articles) and in the quality of the video (same level of professionalism as other "front page" videos).

It all makes sense to me, Race Department is a big site, and our articles, along with the others, reach 10000 readers.

Bottom line, we need to look at how the other article's are done, and then make ours at same level to get it published.

Naturally the task of doing the various work is not forces upon anybody, but we know what is expected and if anyone feel inspired...

Steeve, I hope you are not offended; I love your video's, they are perfect for our local forum, but to please the big masses it needs to be more Hollywood style, you know, short scenes, fast cars, pritty girls, HD, etc etc. What or if you chose to produce in the future is totally up to you ofcourse, I apprechiate both :)

Not offended at all Nico :) I only wish i knew how to do in hollywood style :) the tough task for me is to choose WHICH WAY to do the scenes, but not DOING them. If someone can tell me HOW to do it i'd be please to work that way.... like, is the Intro ok? What about qual time sheet? which camera to choose for scenes? Music or not? if yes which music? ....

If i know what to search for, it will make my "hobby" easier in fact. :)

I will have a look at other videos and see if i can inspire myself with them. I'm really not a pro, its just a new hobby for me :)

Edit: i start doing these videos to have a good resume of the race we had, so first of all its for the enjoyement of prestogp members. If these can serve to promote the league thats cool, but i now know they are not the good format to promote the league. They are too long for promotion, like a preview movie that is around 2m30, i think that would be better. Am i right? Like Nico said, short scenes, spectacular cuts, pretty girls etc :) I can try to do that too. Though i will keep on doing race recap for my personnal "souvenirs" and for all you season 10 prestogp members :)

Steeve

British Summer Time has started. [G.M.T. - 1 ?]
For me this means that races now begin an hour earlier than they did for the first four rounds. Other pilots may need to check how the B.S.T. change affects them in their time zones,:)
Adding info:
Our race event (practice start 1) always start at 8pm according to this clock displaying UK-time, (incase you prefer "counting with your fingers" to double check :)).

Won't be making any promises but i'll try to get in shape for China. No late night commitments in near future. But i have a lot of catching up to do, you've made leaps and bounds since i last tried racing. Equipment is in such a state that i feel confident of them holding up, no spiking.

I hope i'm eligible to race and no one has any objections (actually i know, i'm in ego-boost-mode ATM) but just in case, let me know. I might be 1 second slower than everybody in timesheets but i won't be last in race. So please, post some times so i can get a picture of what is the current pace, i'ts half season, perfect timing (2x points on my personal scoretable;) . If i find myself lacking, i got plans in FPS world to continue my endeavors.

Wet server:
From my point of view I (as always) want to keep the admin duties (things I have to do* for each round) as simple as possible. Therefore I wish to avoid...
a)...having to interpret the forecast and decide if and how wet the server should be
b)...adding a second day to my admin duties (right now all my duties* happen race day)

The solution is to include a wet server in the server mix on a permanent basis with a fixed wetness. In other words, each round will have the following practice servers:
-2x5 lap race (45 min qual)
-22 min race (15 min qual)
-33 min race (15 min qual)
-Practice (600min practice2 session)
-Wet (currently 60% wetness**)

*The duties are opening the race server, posting result and uploading replay, opening the practice servers. All this can be done at race day, takes little time and involves no decisions)
**If we wish to change the wetness then that is no problem, I'll do what the "forum decides".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.