Season 10 - General Discussion

hehe nico, now that you mention "he who shall not be named" why is it that his times under diffrent aliases still polute the tops of the times tables when we all know its been achieved illegally :rolleyes:

like you say, their only times, hence why i owned up and asked it be deleted if necessary, but alot of us look at the prestogp site as a guage when we are practising and use times stored as an aim or a goal, if times are illegal then the goal as presto drivers who want to remain legal is impossible in some cases.

There is no way to control the times at prestogp.com. All we can do is being honest and that way building a strong reputation. Like David sais, he do not trust the time set by "he who shall not be named", iow he have build a poor reputation :)

As members of the league are keepers of the highest standard, I offer my services and remove any time on a driver's request as I just did for David :) There is no point in asking me if it should be removed or not, I am just executing what is requested and trust everybody knows the rules. (I know I have failed to do this in the past, it was only after David and Jim's adventure that I learned how to acctually delete a p.b.)

About the 0-5 spesific number; what is important is that we are on the same page, the 0-5 was chosen from presedence set last time it was discussed. If the majority dislike the current interpetation there will be a discussion and we'll evolve yet again.

How you got em setup Jim you had a play around ?, I opted for the short travel, real stiff for brake, default longer travel accel, with spacer to strengthen spring slight. I don't use clutch much but then mine are v1s so nothing to setup for that and nowhere as cool :(:thumbsup:.

How you got em setup Jim you had a play around ?, I opted for the short travel, real stiff for brake, default longer travel accel, with spacer to strengthen spring slight. I don't use clutch much but then mine are v1s so nothing to setup for that and nowhere as cool :(:thumbsup:.

If you guys have a tuning kit available I would also suggest taking one of the stiffer springs for the throttle, that was the main thing I changed on mine. Brake is all on default positions.

I've got the brake set on a long travel, fairly soft, if I have it too hard I push my chair backwards (I need a rig):geek:

Throttle is default but I would like it on a shorter travel with a stiffer spring, something I'll play with over the coming weeks

So far so good tho

Jim

Nice :) , ye some kind of rig or fixed seating is needed to use it on the harder setting. I opted to save cash and build my own instead of expensive that look good but may have a little flexing but it depends on each owns needs, sometimes people like it to look nice and not be a industrial style look and weight lol.

Problem is I have to use the same seat and desk for work and racing, there's not a lot of room in the office to accommodate a rig and a separate desk for working on and it would be a ball ache moving monitors around all the time, unless I can learn to draw whilst reclining in a bucket seat with my legs out in front I'm not sure what the solution is:O_o:

Jim

PS. Sean, how are the Marussia's in RF2, anywhere near what we need?

my names not sean obviously but.....

the marussias are good jim, but.... i think the formula isi's are better, they remind me so much of fsone in rfactor 1, lots of grip, easy to drive and with drs makes for an exciting car, dino can probably weigh in with some good info on these as hes probably done a bit more with them than me and sean, although we are using the off season to play abit more rf2, are they what presto need? could be :thumbsup:

Both cars are great (Marussia and FISI 2012). Marussia is simply less stable and a bit less downforce which requires a bit different setup and is about 2-2,5sec / lap slower, just like the real thing was compared to a frontrunner-midfielder car 2012.
Both are accurate, neither is better or worse in my opinion :D

I love both cars , but easy to drive? I think some guys will see it differently^^

they are quite easy to drive dino, when we met you on the essignton server that was my first attempt with the cars and id never set eyes on the track before, within 10 laps id managed a 1.14, i did play quite a bit of fsone rf1 though and i think thats what makes it feel quite easy to me personally at least (well compared to mmg).

On the first glance I also didn't like the F3000 much and maybe I still don't like it very much. But the challenge is very good and this finally matters more to me than driving my most liked car. ;)

Another problem with the F1 was, that the smallst contact nearly ever resulted in a big spin or fly off. But with the F3000 a tiny contact some times (not allways) doesn't hurt much. I don't say that I like ramming each other like driving touring cars, but close wheel to wheel race was supported much better by the F3000 than by the F1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%