Season 10 - Fun races before season start

I think we could have another race next Wednesday, but this time full length (67 minutes) and with pit stops and rain showers? I think now it's time to throw ideas in the air about that event (format, track, etc.). Looking forward :thumbsup:[/quote]

Any track suggestions?? I dont know if you guys ever tried Road America?? I recently had a few laps there with you Marko and 3-4 other guys, and found it was a fun track to fight on, many long straights, fast corners.... tyres are getting hot so you have to be carefull with them. Don't know for how much time they will last though.

Here are my setups if any of you is intersted in trying the track.

That said, i am posting this as "an idea thrown in the air" like Marko said, in search for some entertainment for your next race. Remember there are chances i could not participate so its really not for me that i suggest this track. But i would really like to be able to participate in another exhition prestogp race before your season starts. There will be no other chance for me to race with SUCH quality drivers for a long time. ;)

Another thing is that I consider myself as a noob in online racing because i only bought my steering wheel in last summer and did start to play around septembre, So that means i really dont know much about online racing, nor what you guys have ever did in this game in F3000 class. 1 thing for sure, i am well short on "experience time" prestogp guys have. I am making a lot of mistakes and that is not your case :) I can't see myself doing a full season "prestogp style" :) i would most of the time don't finish races. :)

I thought it was important to tell you more about my thinking and reality. :)

Steeve

Attachments

• Road america_f3_Husa_qual.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 295
30 minutes earlier could work for me. Let's suggest that as an option to Marko and the guys; and I'll start 2nd last alongside you Steeve. :thumbsup:

Is 67 minute race optimized for MMG F1 car in making 1 and 2 stoppers as equal as possible? With F3000 we could have 40 minute race, which would allow us to choose from 0-1 pit stops. F3000 cars fuel tank is only 125L and with that you should be able to drive 40 minutes (at least at Istanbul). With that race length (40 min) it should be easier to get both Peter and Steeve racing with us, if we also fix the schedule a bit?

Here are my qualy and race setups from last event, just in case anyone's curious.

I tell you I have no clue in making setups. ;) However the qualy setup sometimes made me do high 1:38's and the race setup felt good to handle for those 14 laps. I used wings 16/22 and I increased engine brake mapping from 2 to 4.

Attachments

• Reik-F3000-hd-race.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Reik-F3000-hd.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 330
Another thing is that I consider myself as a noob in online racing because i only bought my steering wheel in last summer and did start to play around septembre, So that means i really dont know much about online racing, nor what you guys have ever did in this game in F3000 class. 1 thing for sure, i am well short on "experience time" prestogp guys have. I am making a lot of mistakes and that is not your case :) I can't see myself doing a full season "prestogp style" :) i would most of the time don't finish races. :)

I have raced with you more than any PrestoGP member (I suppose) and I think you have all the qualities needed to do a full PrestoGP season, if you have a chance and are willing to do it. I hope we can somehow fix schedules so that you could also participate in "official" races.

Is Road America a part of an Expansion Pack? Or a discrete download track?

Anyhoo, I have Race 07, GTR Evo and Race Injection. I think I am only missing the RaceOn expansion.

I have RaceOn (which includes Race07), and I had Road America as part of my game.

It's a fast and flowing track, positively different from many other tracks I have driven in this game, and I think would add something different in a season of 10 races.

About next Wednesday's fun race:

Track: Nicolai has proposed Istanbul, because it would minimize practice needed (good point). Jim proposed Brands Hatch, which is a challenging, but a bit dangerous track. Steeve proposed Road America, which is fast, flowing circuit. I think we should decide track pretty soon, so people can start to practice.
Race length: The best would be that we use the same race length that we are going to use, if we choose to use F3000 car next season. So, what is ideal race length for F3000? With full tank (125L) you can drive around 40-42 minutes (guestimate based on our Istanbul race), and I think one set of tyres can also last that long. This would make us choose between 0-1 pit stops (if pit stop is not mandatory). I think 40 minute race might be good, or do you think it's too short? That would also shorten the time of the event a bit (and maybe allow Steeve to participate season 10?)
Weather: It's time to test how F3000 can handle different weather conditions. I would prefer our next fun event to have at least the whole scale of rain from heaviest possible storm to light rain, but also dry moments.

Feel free to copy this list and fill in your own wishes related to next Wednesday's fun race.

Marko's wishlist:
Track: Istanbul - for minimum practice
Race length: 40 minutes with no mandatory pit stops and no pit speed limit
Weather: Ordered from Daniel: half a race dry, half a race wet with both light rain and really heavy rain

Nico's wishlist:
Track: Istanbul - for minimum practice/maximum preformance (agree with Reik)
Race length: The fun side of me would prefer 2x e.g. 22 min, while the investigative part of we would like to have the same format we plan to use in season 10. The emphatic part of me wish a duration that works for both Steeve and Peter
Weather: Ordered from Daniel: changing conditions including rain (I wouldn't like to have it such specific like Marko suggests)

Is 67 minute race optimized for MMG F1 car in making 1 and 2 stoppers as equal as possible? With F3000 we could have 40 minute race, which would allow us to choose from 0-1 pit stops. F3000 cars fuel tank is only 125L and with that you should be able to drive 40 minutes (at least at Istanbul). With that race length (40 min) it should be easier to get both Peter and Steeve racing with us, if we also fix the schedule a bit?

I think tyres will hold for 40 minutes in F3000. So probably no pit stop will be the choice for all. Might want to make it 50 minutes or so to make sure ev-1 do 1 pit stop....... i don't know.....

Steeve

I have raced with you more than any PrestoGP member (I suppose) and I think you have all the qualities needed to do a full PrestoGP season, if you have a chance and are willing to do it. I hope we can somehow fix schedules so that you could also participate in "official" races.

I am a golfer and when my golf season starts (early may) i have a golf league on wednesday. Its another reason for prestogp not to make a different schedule time to accomodate me cos from may i won't be able to race on wednesday. Though I trully appreciate all the consideration you guys are giving me here :thumbsup:

Steeve

Marko's wishlist:
Track: Istanbul - for minimum practice (i agree that)
Race length: 40 minutes with no mandatory pit stops and no pit speed limit (i agree)
Weather: Ordered from Daniel: half a race dry, half a race wet with both light rain and really heavy rain (I would prefer a dry race cos my rain experience is limited to about 15 minutes)

Steeve

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea