Season 10 - Fun races before season start

Major key is not to lock tyres. Once they get locked, your distance gets mutch longer. So the challenge is to find the right amount of brake pressure you apply to the pedal. At high speeds you may be able to apply more pressure, because the downforce gives you (and your tyres) more grip.

Another thing is to stricktly stay on the racing line. It has more grip, especially when the track is drying! You may be forced to change to slicks, simply because the wets get cooked on the dry racing line but the rest of the track could still be wet and very slippery!

One more hint for Steeve (and other new guys):
We use no speed limit in the pits, but the limiter engages automatically when crossing the entry line. So you need to apply a button to the wheel to disengage it after crossing the line. Of course you must be aware of where your pit spot is located. You get the final position of this spot when you enter the event (practice session), so you should practice entering the pits and your spot a few times in the pratice or warmup session. NOTE: Cars can't collide with each other in the pits, but before end after the entry/exit lines.

Here's a vid to demonstrate our pitting procedure with no speed limit (using the F1)...

Wow i need to know how to get that telemetry and the pit distance live showing...... i dont know how to see tire temp, almost everything you have in your screen in that video..... i know im noob!!! :)

Steeve

nice event for me and again thanks to organisers:)

until I could not resist I race than was too hard may be some problem with sound(integrate to mobo ) freezee me and is annoying have this along the race.Im sorrow use this time Reik setup and from last race from an high 1:44 a low 1:41 after few laps not bad and more along practice start nice battles with Kurt and again in Race1 but with Race2 I cannot resist press ESC too dangerous for others and less fun for me :) but was amusement

C U guys:thumbsup:

until I could not resist I race than was too hard may be some problem with sound(integrate to mobo ) freezee me and is annoying have this along the race.
I think it may have been the Thunder Sound Files that caused your [com]puter to pause? Mine had a very short 'skip/ pause' [thankfully very short] a moment before the Thunder Sound Files rumbled away in my headphones [Race 1]. Perhaps there is 'fix' for this...there was once upon a time.

Was quite nice today overall, only problem was that my setup was working bad under rain conditions, as it relied on some oversteer in the dry already which got really ugly when the track was wet :sick:

r1: Started from p2 chasing Reik for a while and beein overtaken by Marko at some point. Had a good pitstop to gain the lead for some corners, but my rain pace was way to slow so had to settle for p2

r2: Started again from p2, but I had again problems with the rain and coudn't keep up with Reik and got passed by Marko again. Also made a mistake to get slick-tyres, even though I should have known very well from other vehicles in the game, that you can abuse the standart rain-tires for a very long time in race07 without loosing much time.
But instead I did some bad laps with the new slicks including some mistakes, until it got ok for the last 2 laps again, atleast holding off Jim for p3 :giggle:

-> q: 2nd / r1: 2nd / r2: 3rd

I think we had quite a good race with not many incidents, so thanks all for racing :)

In my opinion we should have a simple car-vote very soon to then start the season in 3 weeks; cu guys :)

Wow i need to know how to get that telemetry and the pit distance live showing...... i dont know how to see tire temp, almost everything you have in your screen in that video..... i know im noob!!! :)

Steeve

You can get the latest version here. It's simply dropping the file(s) into the main Race07 folder. Once you've started the game and exit it again, you'll find the XD.ini file in the main folder. This file is meant to adjust the layout to your likings.

If you like to have it like I do, I can send you my ini file via e-Mail. Jsut let me know your adress via PM then.

Very challenging conditions :thumbsup: This was probably the most difficult weather I have ever experienced in Race07. Thanks to the God of Thunder of Nordic Mythology, Thor (Daniel)! :)

Qualifying: 1:39.4xx (8th)
Made a costly mistake at T8 (famous triple-apex left-hander), and lost 1 second there.

Race 1 (4th): I had a good start and got some nice battles with Anthony, Jim and Dino, before catching Reik just before the rain started on lap 8. I then waited for my chance to overtake, and finally managed to do that when Reik had a massive slide at the bumps of the backstraight. At this time I had not yet decided to pit at the end of that lap, but the last corners showed that slicks should be changed, and so I did go to pit from P1. I then overshoot my pit box once again and did only notice this 15 seconds afterwards, and lost the chance to fight for the win. I re-entered at P7 and finished 4th, after overtaking Peter, Nicolas and Vincenzo.

Race 2 (1st): I had a good start again and by the end of lap 1 I was 2nd chasing Reik. He seemed to have too much pace on wet for me to catch, so I just waited for rain to stop as I knew my setup was better in drier conditions. At the end of lap 6, Reik pitted and I made my decision to drive to the end of the race with wet tyres. It proved to be the right choice and I won by around 15 seconds.

Thanks for PrestoGP and everybody attending! :)

You can get the latest version here. It's simply dropping the file(s) into the main Race07 folder. Once you've started the game and exit it again, you'll find the XD.ini file in the main folder. This file is meant to adjust the layout to your likings.

If you like to have it like I do, I can send you my ini file via e-Mail. Jsut let me know your adress via PM then.

I made a mistake with inserting the link to the download site for the XD overlay. It's fixed now. :rolleyes:

Nice races guys, perfect mess of weather by Daniel. I have trouble making pit stops as i never practice them. I need to work on it. Sad i was not free of mind because i was expecting a job phone call, which happen in 1st lap race2 :( so i had to exit. Though i follow the race, switching from 1 car to another, i gain some experience watching :) Was a nice 2 week experience i got with prestogp, now i wish you all a very good season 10!!

I may join some of your server to practice sometimes :)

Life is short, ride fast!!!

Steeve :)

What was overall results/finish out of interest as i couldnt make these ?
I take it the wets also worked in dry conditions to close to slicks pace ? what were there temps ? and what were the slicks like in wet ?, did anyone know the % of how wet the weather was to ?
I was thinking how maybe Daniel has perfected the wet weather %s, it also may work more for mmg and maybe if we race f3000 it would take a little trial and error to get %s that would work better for f3000.
Like the % where it would be best to go for wets from slicks and back to slicks and wet tire wet/dry laptimes vs slick tires wet/dry laptimes, would be very good information for Daniel and us to have.

What was overall results/finish out of interest as i couldnt make these? First race I ended 10 out of 13 or something, due to relatively poor race pace and making too many mistakes. Second I ended 6th or something due to pitting later than most. I think Marko won the first ahead of Reik, while Dino "stole" Reiks victory in the second when he didn't pit :) I might me mistaken though.

I take it the wets also worked in dry conditions to close to slicks pace ? Hard to tell, 3-4 laps before the end the race path was still at 25% wetness, and off path was closer to 50%

what were there temps ?I think my tyres started to overheat somewhere between 25%-30% onpath wetness.

and what were the slicks like in wet ? I used slicks from about 25% and down, and they felt like the wets did at this threshold wetness

did anyone know the % of how wet the weather was to ? it was about 55% when it rained

Like the % where it would be best to go for wets from slicks I think this was around 25% when I pitted. I stayed out 2-3 laps longer than those I was racing around and passed them all during pits. Also, my first lap after pit was about the same as last before pit, and last two laps was 1,5 sec faster (1:52,000)

I think the big clue here is that in the second race there were wet conditions throughout the race, and only the last 3 laps was equal or faster with slicks (at least for me).

ps: The first race is less interesting in terms of Sean's question as we went from 0% (slicks) to about 55% (wets) within a lap or 2

pps: As Peter sais, it is considerably more slippery in the wet with the f3000 than what we are used to with f1. But I liked it :) Do you remember Kennett's predictions around a year ago, where he said that wetness above 70 or 80 (can't remember) would be impossible to race on. I can imagine that could be the case with f3000 :)

thx Reik for the link.

i downloaded he file and followed the installation procedures and updated direct x but the game keeps crashing :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back