Season 10 - Fun races before season start

thanks for organising the event marko :thumbsup:

sorry about the engine smoke peter and anyone else affected, i pulled off track and quit as soon as it was safe after i noticed it. :(

it ended up the final nail in the coffin for me as regards f3000 anyway but i thought id give them one last try before i made a decision, the one ive come to is that im taking no enjoyment from driving them at all and i dont even like practising with them, its got to the point i'll probably call it a day with race07, the only thing keeping race07 alive for me was presto and the mmg mod due to the speed and unpredictability of driving them, i enjoyed the challenge but ive lost all motivation for race07 now as it looks like f3000 will be what presto carrys on with next season and there hasnt been any mmg servers up to practise on, dont worry about me throwing the toys out of the pram thats not going to happen, i enjoy driving with each and every one of you but there comes a time when the enjoyment isnt enough to compensate for a total dislike of the car thats being driven, i liked the f3000 at one time in the past but i moved on from them with mmg and now i cant go back to something so slow and cumbersome, i'll still be around for the vote if it happens and if mmg is going to be used ill hang around for the last season before we move on from race07 but presto is the only thing holding me to race07 at the moment so we'll see what happens, presto should be able to fill my place in the league if recruiting for f3000 is better like folk say it will be but under no circumstances am i posting this to influence anyone, if f3000 is what presto goes to then so be it i know it will be done fairly and ill be happy for you and may pop back in the future with whatever game is chosen.

Well that was a laugh:)

I was on the pace from the start and chased Marko and Reik as best I could in race 1 until I ran out of fuel with a 1/4 of a lap to go.... who said 65ltrs was enough? :thumbsdown:;)

In race 2 I started 10th and got a great start up to 6th quickly then came up behind Steve and Ant who had a lot less wing than me, so I was abit stumped trying to find a way round, I was following them for a long while then Steve made an error in T8 so I had to try and seize upon the opportunity, I ran around the outside of T8 on the apron:ninja: but then lost control as I came back over the dust...full 360 into the wall:whistling:

It took me a while to re-compose myself after suffering such an embarassment, I then set about racing with Bob and Valter, which was also great fun

So after being on the pace all event I came away with no trophies, here in the UK we call that, doing a "Lewis"

Thanks to Marko for organising and Nico for supplying the tech as usual

See you next week for another understeer to right foot oversteer induced slide around Istan, or wherever

Jim

Like i said in game, i was very pleased to participate in a prestogp race tonight. Fun to race with all VERY good quality drivers! Its my 1st experience of that type and i could not be happier of what i saw and how i raced. Gratz all.!

So BIG thanks to all of you!! I will join again every race i can, if there is room that is :) But i am afraid i will miss a lot of races due to work and/or activities. Maybe when i'll be on vacation there will be race aound ;)

Steeve

Nice to meet and race a few new competitors, Steeve and Jeff :thumbsup:, and to once again see the old 'Stuntman Bob' :cool:, AND of course to reconnect with many of our staple racers. :) I also recall having Valter homing in on my gearbox all the way to end; nice..:D

So after being on the pace all event I came away with no trophies, here in the UK we call that, doing a "Lewis"
In Aus, that is often referred to as "having a touch of the Webbers". J :)

Nice racing yesterday! :thumbsup: I think most of us had our share of action there.

I started on pole and had a good start for the 1st race and managed to kind of slip away from Jim and Reik, who were left battling with each other. I had 65L of fuel for the race (Jim, I think I was one of those who said 65L is enough for the race :whistling:, though it has to be said that I had tried before the race and been able to drive 14 laps with 63L), which was just enough as I had 1 liter left at the finish line.

Second race was tougher as Reik managed to overtake me at T1. We then had some nice battling for lead for 4 laps, after which I managed to overtake. Reik had a massive slide shortly afterwards, which dropped him 2 seconds behind, and after that our paces were pretty similar. The pressure was on all the way to the chequered flag.

I think we could have another race next Wednesday, but this time full length (67 minutes) and with pit stops and rain showers? I think now it's time to throw ideas in the air about that event (format, track, etc.). Looking forward :thumbsup:

[...] now as it looks like f3000 will be what presto carrys on with next season [...]

I'd say it's completely undecided. That's why I call it a fun event, not a test race. I'm sure that the whole groupe of PrestoGP will make a wise decision soon and the minority who had liked to go a different way will hopefully support the decision and value the challenge in racing with all those gentle guys very high.

Thanks Marko for the fun race .

It was fun driving those cars again with lots of sliding when i was fighting with Elizer and Steve in both races but it was a challenge to keep the car on track especially when a person is under pressure and that could make close fight possible and many overtaking opportunities so there could be lots of fun when we get used to it if we decide to go this way.

I was on the default setup with some minor changes , i had wings 17/21 in both races and 73 l fuel, my car was good to drive but then half way the race it starts understeering a lot . it would be interesting to see those fast drivers what they had changed ( if setups could be uploaded here), so we could learn something for next race. Steve was running 16/15 wings which is interesting and a bit unusual but he was fast so here we have something to learn from a new member :)

looking forwards for another full length race with some rain etc.. :)

It was fun to take out the three-liter V8 for a spin again. I didn't have to go around alone. A lot of action actually. Peter, Bob and Jim, I remember. Sorry for my stubborn attitude in the final turns Jim. But it was just a "fun race" mate :)

In first race I drifted to the finish with dead engine. 63L he he.

Thank you all and it's nice to see that we have some new enthusiastic drivers who recently joined our little sect.

I'd say it's completely undecided. That's why I call it a fun event, not a test race. I'm sure that the whole groupe of PrestoGP will make a wise decision soon and the minority who had liked to go a different way will hopefully support the decision and value the challenge in racing with all those gentle guys very high.

way i see it reik is its now more likely than anything else presto will goto f3000, alot of people are putting the time into it and turning up for the fun races, by the time the fun races are finished we will be 3 weeks away from season start and theres still a vote to be taken, say the vote lasts for 1 week thats 2 weeks before season starts and yet there hasnt been an mmg server up since last season, most will be used to f3000 by that time and then having 2 weeks to relearn mmg if its chosen, and i do value the racing against you all, i wouldnt have stayed here for 8 seasons if i didnt but my motivation has gone for f3000, its like me owning and riding a horse, why would i suddenly want to trade it in for a donkey?, like i said we'll see what happens with the vote and even if it goes a way in which i dont want to participate i'll still wish you all luck and hopefully you'll have me back in the future.

About the f3000/f1 decition:
I agree with Reik, it is totally in the open. The fact that many joined the race does not need to indicate that they are pro f3000, it can also mean that they simply wish to try f3000 before making up their mind. I would have joined this race regardless of what I wanted for next season.

Remember, it is not long ago that Kennett and Jonas more or less resigned because they could tell the decition was going to be f1...

When I reach my final decition, after next Wednesday's race, I think these two events will be the fundation of what I decide, regardless if I vote for f3000 or f1.

About missing f1 servers:
As you probably have noticed I have become a bit tired of the admin role. All I ever wanted was to be a participant in a league after my taste :) After the last race of season 9 Marko and others asked for spesific f3000 servers and I opened them accordingly. I always read everything in the forum. (I am not tired of opening requested servers, I am tired of thinking and deciding). I am afraid no-one has asked for a f1 server, that is the only reason for it not being there.

About the race:
It was a pleasent surprise to see that so many joined the race. The atmosphere was good and I could feel my motivation for next season grow with my racing buddies around me again.

I was among the slower guys, between 10th and 13th most of both races. Even though, I was never alone, and that was great. I think both races I was closing in on Jeff, who had a slightly slower race pace than me, but in return was more consistant (which is much better):thumbsup:

Great fun as always, and I think all drivers did a very good job!

Thanks to Marko for the organising, it made the event much more enjoyable for me, E.g. when Jim joined with a unknown name and said hello, my imediate thought was; uh oh, an unknown that seems friendly, what do we do? But then I thought, what the heck, that's Marko's problem :D I could get very used to this :)

About David considering to leave:
Can I refuse to accept a possible future resignation? I do not wish for David to leave us and want to prohibit it if I can :ninja:

Thanks Marko for the fun race .

It was fun driving those cars again with lots of sliding when i was fighting with Elizer and Steve in both races but it was a challenge to keep the car on track especially when a person is under pressure and that could make close fight possible and many overtaking opportunities so there could be lots of fun when we get used to it if we decide to go this way.

I was on the default setup with some minor changes , i had wings 17/21 in both races and 73 l fuel, my car was good to drive but then half way the race it starts understeering a lot . it would be interesting to see those fast drivers what they had changed ( if setups could be uploaded here), so we could learn something for next race. Steve was running 16/15 wings which is interesting and a bit unusual but he was fast so here we have something to learn from a new member :)

looking forwards for another full length race with some rain etc.. :)

Small mistake Anthony, i had 18/15 wings, not 16/15. Which may be even more unusual for you :) I found if i raise rear wing i have too much understeer. So here are my setups.

I forgot to mention how much i had fun fighting in both races!! :)

Attachments

• 22 minutes asymetrical.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 243
I'm not pro anything else than the Presto GP Racing. Lets take a pause here and contemplate. Why should we repair something that's not broken, refined like Swiss clockwork? It's not very important what car or platform we use next season. New good platforms and cars will come to those who can wait (and have 50 euro to spend on pure indulgence).
Anything is okay as long it's not front wheel drive like my old SAAB. Because I can't think of anything more boring on four wheels than that, bläää.

you can refuse it nico i wont be leaving presto :) , i just may choose to take a back seat for a season then come back refreshed with a game change for the future of presto, thats why i'd hope you guys would have me back if and when presto moves away from race07, i think you know how i feel about presto nico, ive been an every present since i started ive put a huge amount of time in, presto is the only league ive ever raced, like i said i'll happily go with what the vote decides but the motivation is lost to start practising a new car for a limited time, with mmg i was ready with minimal effort, id be unsafe on track with minimal effort with f3000, their just not my cup of tea to get used to again.

the server thing though i wasnt aware we needed to ask for a f1 server seeing as theres always been one for 5 seasons now, with it being our mod of chocie id have thought that the f1 server wouldve and shouldve been left up, f3000 is a trial as i took it so maybe an extra server with it on wouldve sufficed, this is only my opinion though as always its what the majority want so i wont moan about it :)

i'll still be a member of presto like anyone else who takes a backseat for a season or whatever, i will be back if we choose to stay with f1 or if we move onto a game thats more advanced in the future (as long as its not f1 2012 or somthing crazy:roflmao:) i just dont have the time or willingness to practise something i dislike anymore, i hope you all know i value each of you as friends and love racing with you all but when the enjoyment of driving first and foremost is not there it becomes a losing battle.

....i just may choose to take a back seat for a season then come back refreshed with a game change for the future of presto, .....

I may well do the same [take a season off] IF MMG is chosen again. I ended up in the incident report thread 5 races in a row last season; due to a combination of INTERNET LAG excuses and poor judgement on my behalf. Add to that Nico's disappointment with the lack of resolutions [in the incident threads] and the fun is gone....

I think we could have another race next Wednesday, but this time full length (67 minutes) and with pit stops and rain showers? I think now it's time to throw ideas in the air about that event (format, track, etc.). Looking forward :thumbsup:

What would be the starting time????? An hour latter as this week was is too late for me to do a 67 min race, but that is only important to me. :)

Add to that Nico's disappointment with the lack of resolutions [in the incident threads] and the fun is gone....
That I can understand. However, I was trying to do my job, to make sure everybody followed the guidelines. It is a corner stone of PrestoGP that we do not have penalties but rather require a good analysis of what happened by those involved. However, I realised I was doing more harm than good, as in several other situations, and I wished I never started.

Expecting everybody to efficiently analyse and "solve" their own incident is unrealistic. Therefore I suggest we change this rule to something that might work better. I suggest that everybody involved in an incident have to post an onboard video from their perspective and give a brief description. Then anyone else than those involved (neutral parties) can solve the mystery without having the problem of strong emotions :)

What would be the starting time????? An hour latter as this week was is too late for me to do a 67 min race, but that is only important to me. :)
I think this is reason enough to stick to our usual time, or is there some way to make it so that both Peter and Steeve can make the race? Luckily this is not up to me, but Marko :D

Peter, will you be ok if it starts 30 minutes earlier than this week? That would at least give me a chance to be here on time for warm-up. I will start last but i guess its better this way when you have no time to practice before a race.
30 minutes earlier could work for me. Let's suggest that as an option to Marko and the guys; and I'll start 2nd last alongside you Steeve. :thumbsup:

That I can understand. However, I was trying to do my job, to make sure everybody followed the guidelines. It is a corner stone of PrestoGP that we do not have penalties but rather require a good analysis of what happened by those involved. However, I realised I was doing more harm than good, as in several other situations, and I wished I never started.
Nico, you will never be criticized by me for doing your best. It was I :( and perhaps others who failed to achieve the desired resolutions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back