Save the date February 21st

They considered between UE4 and in-house graphics engine. It's obvious that UE4 allows using their own physics, otherwise they wouldn't have selected it. When their expertise is in simulation physics, are you actually dumb enough to think they are willing to throw that outta window, in exchange of shiny graphics?

If anything, it will have more advanced simulation, able to focus on just one type of cars.

"Assetto Corsa Competizione is designed to faithfully recreate the performance and the driving experience of real Blancpain GT Series cars through a sophisticated mathematical model that accurately replicates tyre grip, aerodynamic impact, engine parameters, suspensions and electronics systems that determine vehicle balance, as well as the influence of mechanical damage on the car's drivability."

"...reaching a new standard in terms of driving realism and immersion, thanks to its further improved tyre and aerodynamic models."

And not biggest fan on GT3 cars, but still hyped AF. Instabuy. All the other factors like improved sound, multiplayer, visuals and dynamic track makes it a nobrainer.

And new year/season is probably DLCs. Not a new game. I'm seeing this will be updated and getting content many years from now, just like AC was.

Mod support is a question mark.
But if all LS tracks and real cars are in the game, what would modders do.

Last edited:
You wanted rain and night? Here we come! I can't wait.. it looks awesome!
screen-8-Gallery01-1024x576.jpg
screen-3-Gallery01-1024x576.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be at the Misano World Circuit, during the Blancpain GT Serie race weekend, offering to fans the opportunity to be the first to play a preview version of the game – using dedicated driving cockpits installed in the paddock area. Players will also have the chance to share their impressions with the development team! Additional details will be available soon.
From https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

This was kind of a letdown, imo. Making a specific series games is a double edged sword. I love that because it will give us the ability to compete in THAT specific competition without preparing or doing anything else. BUT AC is also a modding platform, and I think this is a step backwards regarding that aspect. Also, we can forget about getting classic cars (Group C, GTO, etc) or LMPs. So, yeah. I'll buy it day one because I actually love the GT3 Cars but I guess it'll not be for everyone and it'll certainly be a step backwards on mod support and car variety.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 359 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 224 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 242 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 107 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 138 26.8%
Back