Save the date February 21st

Kunos start pumping out a new sequel every few years, a lot of people are going to lose faith in their products.
Yeah, that really killed the FIFA, Battlefield, and F1 series :) Nobody plays those annual sequels anymore :)

People need to understand that we, the players, play sims for fun and enjoyment, developers however create them for a living, to feed mouths of their employees etc.

We can hate it but every now and then a new successive game needs to be made to keep the money coming in.

I'm really hoping that it's an update to the existing engine and not AC2. Assetto Corsa was still in early access only a few years ago, and if Kunos start pumping out a new sequel every few years, a lot of people are going to lose faith in their products. They've only recently finished fixing the bugs (some would say that they still have some work to do) and they haven't actually given us much time to play with the finished product!

Perhaps you are forgetting, but AC went gold back in 2014... which is now over 3 yrs ago. If you consider that to be "recently" then you have an entirely different definition of that word than everyone else.

And to your point that a lot of people will lose faith if Kunos improve the game... lol, no one is losing faith.

If this worse case scenario does come to pass, I think I'll just keep playing AC until GTR3 comes out and then not waste any more of my time on Kunos' products.

Your worst case scenario is Kunos improving upon AC and perhaps getting rid of the limitations of the first game?

:O_o::rolleyes:

[QUOTE="If this worse case scenario does come to pass, I think I'll just keep playing AC until GTR3 comes out and then not waste any more of my time on Kunos' products.[/QUOTE]

Headline Irony: In protest to the prospect of Assetto Corsa Version two, I will be instead swapping to GTR Version three!

While on that specific subject can any one remember thelength of time Simbin gave there orginal GTR title before replacing it with a 2nd version? Hmmmm.

While on that specific subject can any one remember thelength of time Simbin gave there orginal GTR title before replacing it with a 2nd version? Hmmmm.

I'm sure your question is rhetorical but the answer depends on where you live as the original GTR was released at different times in different countries. However GTR was first released in Germany in October 2004. GTR2 was released in September 2006.

In October 2005 Simbin released GT Legends. Those were the days - a new title each year :)

The whole point of Assetto Corsa was that it was supposed to be a sandbox that could be built and improved upon. If this announcement is a sequel, then to me, that seems like Kunos is giving up on that idea. Sure the engine has limitations, but that's what I'm hoping has been worked on.

The reason I mentioned GTR3 is that, if we're being forced to change to a new game to keep up to date, then it might as well be sooner rather than later. The little that we've seen of GTR3 looks great and it is supposed to be released this year, so why wait until Kunos have released AC2, we've gone through all of the early access again (and have suffered through all of the bugs again), have built up our collections of cars and tracks again, only to then have Kunos announce AC3?

The fact is, we don't know what Kunos are going to announce. For all we know, their next game may not feature modding ability next time around, but instead they just give us a dozen tracks, a handful of cars and the ability to buy DLC once every six months. Obviously I'm not saying that WILL be the case, but we won't know until they make the announcement. For all we know, it could be something relevant to the console releases that won't even affect us PC owners!

Last edited:
Sure the engine has limitations, but that's what I'm hoping has been worked on.

Well, the graphics engine literally cannot provide more than 1 light source. How do you propose they improve this without redoing it from the start with this in mind?

we've gone through all of the early access again (and have suffered through all of the bugs again), have built up our collections of cars and tracks again, only to then have Kunos announce AC3?

So, if you are happy with the existing product, why would you even consider buying into an early access program, or even buying a new version of the game then? You dont have to buy a new version if you are happy with the existing one. :)

A new game every 5+ yrs is hardly very iterative or flooding the genre with too many versions of the same thing. Take a look at Fifa releasing every single year, or even Pcars with their 2 yr franchise model if you think 5+ yrs before a successor being released is too soon.

And to the point about bugs, I had AC from early on, and it could hardly be considered 'buggy.' You could always get out and drive just fine.

Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition seems to be a console update or new release with all current DLC content available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. Most likely to suit the new more powerful versions of consoles just released .

Last edited:
"Ultimate Edition" is 99% likely to be a bundle that gives you the game and all DLCs for probably $50-60, now that AC1 is end-of-life and they know what they're selling for that price. That's what it means on every other game that has one. It'd be "remastered" or something if they improved the quality.

The whole point of Assetto Corsa was that it was supposed to be a sandbox that could be built and improved upon. If this announcement is a sequel, then to me, that seems like Kunos is giving up on that idea. Sure the engine has limitations, but that's what I'm hoping has been worked on.
What an illogical thing to say. Development of AC1 is over, so how would announcing a sequel change anything regarding AC1? The game IS a sandbox that could be built and improved upon, they have spent many years doing precisely that, and nothing is stopping modders from continuing to do that. They just aren't going to keep working on the same game forever.

Whatever comes after AC1 will have code and assets from the original AC. Stefano will not scrap the tire physics he spent building these last years. But there are other parts that do require a clean paper start, imo graphics engine and online back end, which could not really be patched upon an existing version or rather are so big changes that calling it by it's old name would be stupid.

From the "New Year" announcement...

"Yes, the future: what can you expect now? As I have said, Assetto Corsa has kept Kunos Simulazioni busy for almost seven years, and we have continued to update the game for three years following its 1.0 release. Assetto Corsa is not just a “game”; it is based on a technology designed and developed in-house, which is not a secondary detail, given that this is the technology that will determine and define the quality, gameplay and potential of the games to be based on it down the line. This is why we dedicated years to improve an engine that had originally been conceived in 2011, and this is why during 2017 we also dedicated time and resources to R&D activities that will define what we are going to be busy with in the years to come.

There is always a margin for improvement: even after a lot of hard work to reduce this margin throughout a long development period, 2017 was a highly important year to us to define the new basis in the technology we will use in future. Even today, the community keeps asking for something new, and that is great as it means that you continue to keep us involved in fuelling your hobby, passion and training tools. To meet your expectations, and to support the features that our current technology cannot manage, some – actually a lot of – work will be required. So, it’s time to move forward.

When it arrived, there had been nothing like Assetto Corsa before. We are working hard to replicate this feeling with what there is to come in the future."

Day / Night
Weather / Rain
Updated GFX inc HDR

Those are what I am hoping for........

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements