Samsung CRG9 / 49" / 32:9 Monitor (5120 x 1440 1000 HDR)

• Deleted member 197115

It is very interesting that many users of the same product have such a vast difference in opinions, that just shows you how characteristics of each product and their environment affects people in different ways. Super cool to hear everyone's opinion in their own perspective.
May be I am misinterpreting something, but based on the responses here and reddit seems like all G9 and CRG9 users experience these monitors heating up, the severity just depends on the brightness level used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some posts did not specify the brightness level, but I have mine at 55 and as stated before, I feel no heat at ~25" away. I just tested the monitor turned down to 25 and it is a very minute difference, perhaps even a placebo effect based on less light being emmited.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Some posts did not specify the brightness level, but I have mine at 55 and as stated before, I feel no heat at ~25" away. I just tested the monitor turned down to 25 and it is a very minute difference, perhaps even a placebo effect based on less light being emmited.
Thanks, is it hot to touch?

• Deleted member 197115

CRG9 can do 48-120hz VRR on Ultra FreeSync. Does it support that range on NVidia?
G9 only 60-240hz which is another minus.

• Deleted member 197115

Congrats, so you went for CRG9?
Please post your impressions when it arrives and picture of cockpit inside sim after you dial everything up. Thanks. :thumbsup:

My CRG90 sits 20" from my face and is a heat dish. You will be sweating hard without fans.
Something sounds off. Even if it were warm/hot, it shouldn't be that hot unless something inside the container is seriously wrong. Have you updated firmware? Also, what's your brightness/contrast setting?

Also, what is the ambient temperature in your home, do you have fans running, AC? Are you in a humid climate?

Just read the last few pages here.

I've had the CRG9 for over a year now. It has worked great and really no complaint.
I ran it without any complaint with my 1080ti, and although I didn't max out graphics, I really couldn't see much difference with high/ultra settings anyway. Recently got a 3080 but to be really honest, the 1080ti was doing just fine running this monitor.

As for the comments about heat, I really have not noticed anything. Never even noticed it getting warm, to be honest. I have it about 50cm from my face (directly on top of the quick-release), and use HDR occasionally. To be honest, I still have to experiment a bit more with Freesync.

No complaints. I think it's a great monitor.

Congrats, so you went for CRG9?
Please post your impressions when it arrives and picture of cockpit inside sim after you dial everything up. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Finally got my CRG90 today.....

GOBSMACKED!

I was using a XR3501...excellent monitor. I now have 7" more on each side!
The immersion level has gone up 1000%
These ultrawides are made for sim racing.
I was worried my GTX 1070 wouldn't be able to drive this bad boy but it does well in testing but I'm gonna need some firepower for rain/night 25+ AI. You obviously don't need a high level of AA it still looks great!
Colors vibrant... clear, clean, crisp picture.

LeMans.jpg

Still a lot of tweaking to do but that's a lot of fun.
If you got the dough, you have to have one of these!

I may not come out of the house for a month!

Last edited:
Personal opinion, this monitor together with a Track IR system is fantastic.
I don't like the idea of Track IR for small monitors. It just seems un-natural.
But with this monitor, you are already turning your head to see the edges of the screen anyway. So, a bit of extra movement from track ir turns this into a really great combination. Not much movement is needed, and this is what helps it seem very natural. You can get that extra 20-30 deg of view out the sides which is just enough.
It also allows to look down slightly and bring the dash/gauges more into view.

Very happy with this. I have VR as well, and MUCH prefer the Track IR with this monitor.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.