Samsung 57" UWD Monitor

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
I have ordered the Delanclip Fusion Pro tonight to try it out.

About 30 mins later, watching some more videos, I went and ordered the Tobi Eye Tracker 5 as they currently have 15% / £39 off it.

The more I think about it, I just don't want something attached to my head / headphones or has a short cable.

Delivery of the monitor is due today

Last edited:
It work fully in the dark tho?
Works in all light conditions
Our technology makes your favorite games more immersive whether you are in a pitch black room or in bright daylight.

Mentions about eye tracking supporting upto 30" screens but I guess this is old news as clearly people have been using this for a while with bigger displays and widescreen monitors.

This video below appears to show more recent adapter and latest developments with improved (Tobii Display Setup Tool - Alpha) software configuration.

More Info Here

Edit:
Also found this

Looked on the forums here, seems to be little on these forums regards "Tobii Eye Tracker 5" or videos online that are quite recent with regards using for sim racing...

Not sure if their is a better way now to get it working than using what is shown in these videos but maybe others know?

Why I opted to buy now.
Firstly I got the discount but here are my reasons...

We know that OLED brings its own benefits in PQ but currently their is nothing in OLED options that offers many of the benefits the G9 57" monitor brings, let me expand on this....

I believe a monitor like the G9 57" currently offers a certain combination of benefits we cannot get on other displays at the moment.

The very good 140 PPI with dual 32" is much sharper than various other monitors
A great deal better than typical 4K large screen TVs. I am aware new 32" OLED monitors are releasing but these again are single displays, you cant achieve a large screen 21:9 on them and multi-screen options will have the bezels.

Its larger size over the 49" may help with the drawback of shallowness in physical height.
Yet will it be enough, but then how much bigger or wider can we go and maintain peripheral view on a typical desk scenario setup?

Achieving 4K quality and with the sheer resolution capabilities bringing, multi-tasking, multiscreen or multi-window options. Yet still offering, the ability to bring very good usage options for 21:9 content or gaming but with the higher resolution and with increased PPI over excellent but previous 21:9 monitors.

I hope that maintaining the 1000R curve combined with whatever the best "eye tracking" solutions are. Will indeed bring a new level for full in your peripheral vision with no borders gaming. I believe the combination does bring it's own advantages over triple monitor setups.

On top of that it offers a much cleaner, simpler solution with no stupid looking plastic strips attached to an expensive multi-monitor configurations.

These are points I believe are good reasons why this might be an excellent purchase.
The question is, what will the actual experience be like and how big of an improvement or benefit will it feel in offering over my 49" model.

Last edited:
Well it arrived safe...

Took me about 30 mins from unboxing to have it up and working.
I just have it set in front of my 49" placed on my motorised desk.

With my 7900XTX and the 2 meter DP 2.1 cable I purchased (shared in this thread) a good while back.

The monitor (Win11) in my case was automatically working via DP 2.1 and native res.
All I had to do was set it to 240Hz. Will look later at configuring the display and checking to see if it is using the latest firmware version etc.

Looking at scale comparison screenshots cannot be properly realised.
This 57" model dwarfs the 49" and instantly even on my windows login background the additional sharpness in the image stood out.

Still getting used to the size of course but the WOW is striking and more so than when I had purchased the 49" model.

First impressions are pleasing.

Edit:
Updated firmware to latest version and confirmed no dead pixels...

Enjoying older games was one of my goals and getting closer to the full potential of the monitors refresh rates at full resolution via the 7900XTX and DP 2.1.

GRID and GRID 2 - takes me back to the PGR days with XBOX.

An example of what the 4090 cannot offer.
Native resolution and beyond the 120Hz limit. :D

Last edited:
I like the idea of no headphones and using plugged in ear buds but I’m back on my let’s give vr another go every few months effort, so I just don’t use it at the same time lol. Have to say on alone time on the track and max graphics vr is awesome. But also such a pain in the ass too lol

Ummmm. So..... this monitor came on sale locally and I jumped.
Arrives tomorrow.
Already took the 49" off the rig and packed it up for sale.
Should be an interesting Easter weekend.....

Ummmm. So..... this monitor came on sale locally and I jumped.
Arrives tomorrow.
Already took the 49" off the rig and packed it up for sale.
Should be an interesting Easter weekend.....

Have fun and hope you relish the upgrade and get to enjoy it as much as I am....

Fully stand over points I previously raised about 1440p not being quite good enough nowadays with larger screens. The 140 PPI with the monitors native resolution is razor sharp and in this scenario of being so close to such a large screen. You REALLY notice and see the finer detailing.

My own 49" was the pre neo released version..
So I've also found this model to offer richer picture quality, super bright but also with deeper blacks, and.... it has noticeably much better handling of the blooming with whites on black.

The tobii 5 I ordered, arrived today
Just got it up and running about an hour or so now....
Trying out ACC using an additional app for head tracking.

Although gotta say....
I love with the tobii 5, how in windows its eye tracking works so well, You can shake your mouse and the mouse pointer appears wherever your looking. Also quite nice how it works with the F1 games. More titles to check out with it but being able to use it in super bright or pitch black and with nothing to wear or attach is a bonus.

Summary with the 57" G9 so far for me.,,,,

"Pure Lethal" :D
Its awesome, no need for triple screens at all, especially with nice eye tracking options.

Last edited:
Arrives tomorrow.
Just an update. It definitely did NOT arrive on time. VERY annoying problems with the carrier, and the Easter weekend agenda was ruined. But it did arrive today.

Just a few comments in case anyone is interested:
- was pretty smooth to install since I already had the mounting setup for the 49". Had to raise the vesa mount position a few cm (of course) but otherwise was pretty simple to swap out the old for the new. I didn't need to move the mounting forward/backward at all, so the general monitor depth (in the centre) must be pretty close to the 49" dimensions.
- Also, just a shout-out to using the Sim-Lab adjustable vesa adaptor mounts. Although intended for aligning triples, I use this even for this single mount and it makes the mounting/adjustment super easy. Single person job, no problem for a big and heavy/awkward monitor like this.
- one thing to highlight.... the monitor controls are in the centre of the bezel (where they were off more to the right on the 49"). That means that those controls are literally right above my quick-release on the DD1, since I have the monitor positioned to come down in front of the DD1 and quite close to the quick-release. Might be a bit tricky/annoying to enter the monitor menus, but that's not something I need to do very often.
- I will obviously need to adjust/remount a few other things which are positioned around the monitor (button box, 2nd monitor, DIY RGB lights on the sides for Arduino/Simhub flags and other RGB effects, etc.) Also some adjustments to the related cable management since I tend to keep the cords just as long as they need to be and routed as clean as I can. All that was expected and just little future projects.

No actual racing or FOV testing yet. Just a quick power-on and various checks for dead-pixels, etc. All good and I will say that besides the clear size difference (especially when sitting 60cm in front of it), the quality/colours/sharpness difference was very obvious right away. I never had a complaint about the 49", but this 57" is a very obvious step-up, at least to me.

Also, I look forward to testing it with the PS5 and HDMI 2.1 with GT7. The 49" was limited to 60Hz and I think now I should be able to get 4k 120Hz in GT7 even if still not using the full 32:9.

My PC graphics card is an Asus TUF 3080Ti, so I guess I will be no where near pushing the monitor limits (especially in the full resolution). But very likely I'll run it at 1440p on the PC in order to keep the fps higher, until I replenish the savings account to upgrade to a 4090 (or perhaps even whatever comes after....).

Few additional things:
- I am about 55cm from eyes to screen for driving position. I also wear eyeglasses. At this distance my peripheral vision (or using only max left/right eye movement limited by eyeglass frames) is almost exactly at the monitor edges. For me, nothing at those limits is 'sharp' at all when keeping head straight, but I would say it is sufficient to think about seeing some indications for left/right traffic. If I want to see details at the edge, I MUST turn my head.
- Realistically, I need to turn my head approx 20+ deg left or right in order to actually read icons or text on the outside edges of the screen. That's considering eyes also moving fully left/right to get there. Straight on view to focus on the edges would be far more.
- I have a small ASUS Zenscreen MB16AP monitor I use as second monitor on top of the display.
- I often use it for overlays or simhub dash screens. It is clearly outside my upwards peripheral vision now, and I think that is one of the most obvious differences vs. the 49". The additional height of the display (and what is perhaps on top of that...) is very different. Any viewing of that needs a very significant upwards look to see anything on that monitor. I don't really need to see more of the roof of the car in-cockpit but i guess that is going to be the reality.​
- My track ir cam is just on top of that small Zenscreen MB16AP. I was worried that the additional height might impact the tracking (since it is clearly looking quite downwards at an angle to me now.....) but so far it seems fine. I would say that the range of me looking down has reduced. It is limited to about 15 deg now (just using the software tools), but that is quite fine and I don't expect much issue for simracing (light downwards tilt to see dash/gauges, etc...). I know that can be impacted by the curves set in the software but generally I have my curves set very flat and as close to my realistic head movements as possible. All the rest is no issue.​
- very specific and silly observation. The MB16AP is 1080p. This seems to mean that the specific size of the monitor results in the pixels lining up quite well when the 57" is at 8K. So little things like moving the mouse from one screen to the other now matches up perfectly instead of shifting (sorry, a previous annoyance that seems magically resolved now...)​
- just gonna say..... seat sliders now seem to be clearly a must. Entry/exit seems to be much tighter now. Having the ability to move forward (for driving) and backward (for entry/exit and perhaps other gaming) becomes much more obvious to me now. I guess that depends on your position from the monitor, but as commented above my eyes are about 55cm from the monitor when in 'driving' position. Trying to exit at this position would be a gamble (at least for me). Previously (with 49) it was tight but I could manage. Now there is no option but to move the seat back.
- I was a bit worried that the additional monitor weight/size might reveal some issue with my tactile and possible extra vibrations travelling to the monitor. Perhaps good isolation or whatever, but it seems ok with my setup.

Could you consider adapting the rig to have the monitor attached to a solid structure mount that is further back?

Something like this

It could enable you to pull the monitor forward / back so that it suits both closer screen gaming. Or further back for less straining on neck/eyes regards the widest ends of the monitor. Means you could get both excellent in your face for gaming, but more relaxed for productivity based usage.

I have downloaded the Windows 11 HDR Calibrator
Worked on a few presets to select and try with different games.
This is what I want to do now is try some options myself but also look around for good settings...

Now got the Tobii 5 working great with opentrack software.
Really enjoyed experiencing the Nordschleife in ACC on the monitor and the headtracking is working a treat.

Last edited:
Come across this guys channel...
Seems a bit of a pro when it comes to HDR on PC but only started watching...

Not sure (yet) if what he offers is suitable with
A) AMD GPU
B) Mini LED

I can agree that the upgrade from non Neo models to this newest G9 in picture brightness/deep blacks and in general visual improvements is quite striking. Then again monitors have sucked pretty bad to TVs in recent years. I would expect for many people though if buying this model they will not be disappointed.

More likely that people coming to this model are not coming from OLED but I guess some will be shifting to 32:9 from 21:9 or triple monitors. For me in week 2 now, the scale of the monitor still impresses and the additional height over the 49" model has been great.

The 7900XTX with applying modern options like HYPR RX and even FMF is letting me get pretty decent framerates. Depends on how old/demanding the game is. For me lots of games I missed out on in the last few years like Battlefront series and others like Red Dead, that can be enjoyed/experienced on this monitor like was never quite possible before.

For me, viewing the display, so close to your face, with the 8K based resolution and increased PPI, is just something currently other display options do not offer. Personally I will take those over the display not being OLED. I am seeing just below and over 200+ fps to some classic titles but able to enjoy them now in such a great way. Lot of enjoyment to be had with the monitor in this regard (beyond sim racing) for some people perhaps?

With ACC in some races (Nords looks awesome) I see partial dips from 50fps - 90fps and at times over 100fps with the game graphics at max and native res.

The beauty is, that of course the user can balance this how they want by reducing the resolution while maintaining all graphics to max settings. I want to see how good/bad even dropping the res down to even the original 32:9 G9 offered (3840x1080) as that is something very few video reviews covered....

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Forum trophies