Sachsenring 2022

Tracks Sachsenring 2022 1.22

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hope you can help. I drive (in VR) a few hundred metres from the start line on the GP circuit and find myself off the circuit floating in space. Sure it's my fault but reinstall didn't help. Running CSP 1.75, thanks.

Thanks, I will in a couple of days. I don't think it's the track's fault as the new high force spawns me high in the air but no other tracks do that so far. Maybe it's a CSP thing, I'll run some tests when I'm home.
No luck with the replay. I have the problem in VR and the single screen replay doesn't show it at all so it looks like a VR problem. Does it here and new High Force but not at Feldbergring or any Kunos tracks.

I think it's not your fault but am a bit stuck. Rolling back CSP didn't help.

Gunnar333 updated Sachsenring with a new update entry:

additions and fixes

After visiting the ADAC GT Masters this year I had some ideas for additions and fixes.
And remember: It's always good to do a clean installation so delete the previous version first.
  • added 2021 GT-Masters skin
  • added Info Container at the ADAC-Turm
  • added Ralf Waldmann memorial and banner at T12
  • added apex dirt in T9 and T12
  • added some antennas in the distance and a few other objects
  • added Penalty Zone after T1 (visual)
  • adjusted track limits around Karthalle...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is the road mesh in its final stage or could there be updates in future?

I'm asking cause the inside curb at turn 2 has banking unlike the real track (I haven't been there in real life but you can see that on onboard videos) and the green area at the exit of the last turn seems to be too wide compared to real life.

This is just nitpicking because elswhise the track is pure gold but if you consider a bigger update with other changes/ new features it would be nice if you could check these parts of your track for their accuracy.

Thanks again for your great work :)

Is the road mesh in its final stage or could there be updates in future?

I'm asking cause the inside curb at turn 2 has banking unlike the real track (I haven't been there in real life but you can see that on onboard videos) and the green area at the exit of the last turn seems to be too wide compared to real life.

This is just nitpicking because elswhise the track is pure gold but if you consider a bigger update with other changes/ new features it would be nice if you could check these parts of your track for their accuracy.

Thanks again for your great work :)
Thanks for your feedback.
I like this kind of nitpicking because it's all about the detail.
I reviewed the last turn green area and you're completely right. I will correct this in the next release.

For the banking of curb in T2: You're right the banking of the curb should be in the same "banking line" than the road. I'll change that too.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback.
I like this kind of nitpicking because it's all about the detail.
I reviewed the last turn green area and you're completely right. I will correct this in the next release.

For the banking of curb in T2: You're right the banking of the curb should be in the same "banking line" than the road. I'll change that too.
Your welcome mate.
But I rather have to thank you for being open minded about feedback :)

Gunnar333 updated Sachsenring with a new update entry:

couple of fixes and CSP 1.76 lua script feature updates

• adjusted banking of apex curb in T2
  • adjusted width of green asphalt area at Queckenberg
  • fixed some garage door open/closed mismatch
  • added "Wasserwerk" track side object
  • redone double sided flags

you need CSP 1.76 or higher for the following updates:
  • adjusted vao (Patch_v5)
  • new working clock display with the following functions:
    practice: default clock
    qualifying: countdown
    race: lap number
  • driver plates in every pitbox

Read the rest of this update entry...

When using MapDisplay, the trackmap doesn't align well (as seen on the attached image). For it to align better, add 10 width and height to the map.ini files.
Code:
WIDTH=991
HEIGHT=504

There appears to be an issue with normals (darker edges) on the left entry kerb of Omega and the second part of the right apex curve of Omega.
20211224100754_1.jpg

I loved the working clock before, I love it even more now :)
Would you allow other modders to use your code to implement this? I couldn't find information on this on the CSP github.

When using MapDisplay, the trackmap doesn't align well (as seen on the attached image). For it to align better, add 10 width and height to the map.ini files.
Code:
WIDTH=991
HEIGHT=504

There appears to be an issue with normals (darker edges) on the left entry kerb of Omega and the second part of the right apex curve of Omega.
View attachment 527385

Would you allow other modders to use your code to implement this? I couldn't find information on this on the CSP github.
Thanks for reporting. I’ll have a look into it.
Sadly there‘s still no good documentation on GitHub atm but you can find some sdk when you’ll have look in the CSP release notes.
And of course have a look at my code.

I’ll release an update for Borgloh with working lap timer and max-speed display in the next days.

Code:
WIDTH=991
HEIGHT=504

View attachment 527385

Rendering new maps in CM so they match up in Track Map Display, was fixed some time ago. Make sure to set CM to download tests versions, then just render a new map.

Most visible from around 11:30 to 15:00 (december/january, haven't tried other months :p ). Only visible when the Sun is out, so not visible during overcast, etc. (Which makes sense for normal issues, as ambient light is not dependant on normal vectors)
PP filter does not influence this (I tried 6/10 of them).
CSP 0.1.75, haven't tried other versions.
It could have been the VAO patch but with it disabled the issue still appears. It could also have been the normal map texture, but looking at that it appears to be "flat" (with detail obviously, but not bulbous like a sausage kerb).

So yes, the normals probably just need to be reset on them :) I also went around the whole track, and it's just those two kerbs and the left T1 entry kerb.

Rendering new maps in CM so they match up in Track Map Display, was fixed some time ago. Make sure to set CM to download tests versions, then just render a new map.
I've tried both recreating the map from the spline and from surfaces, and both (still) have this issue. Maybe it's fixed on the patreon version of CM? I only have the standard donation version.
There are no newer test versions available for me, at this time. (I'm on 0.8.2297.38573 and data version 157, for what it's worth)
(EDIT: sorry, checking for updates took a few minutes. I've just updated to 0.8.2358.38968 and it is indeed fixed. Thanks for the heads up)

Last edited:
Most visible from around 11:30 to 15:00 (december/january, haven't tried other months :p ). Only visible when the Sun is out, so not visible during overcast, etc. (Which makes sense for normal issues, as ambient light is not dependant on normal vectors)
PP filter does not influence this (I tried 6/10 of them).
CSP 0.1.75, haven't tried other versions.
It could have been the VAO patch but with it disabled the issue still appears. It could also have been the normal map texture, but looking at that it appears to be "flat" (with detail obviously, but not bulbous like a sausage kerb).

So yes, the normals probably just need to be reset on them :) I also went around the whole track, and it's just those two kerbs and the left T1 entry kerb.

I've tried both recreating the map from the spline and from surfaces, and both (still) have this issue. Maybe it's fixed on the patreon version of CM? I only have the standard donation version.
There are no newer test versions available for me, at this time. (I'm on 0.8.2297.38573 and data version 157, for what it's worth)
(EDIT: sorry, checking for updates took a few minutes. I've just updated to 0.8.2358.38968 and it is indeed fixed. Thanks for the heads up)
curb mesh normals corrected.
fix will be included in next update.

Attachments

• curb-normals.jpg
    curb-normals.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 55
Hello, I'm using assembly 0.1.77 preview 15. And on it, loading the track causes the game to crash.When I roll back to 0.1.76 everything is fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back