rF2 S397 GTE @ Riverside - Saturday 23 March 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'd like to join also, maybe with better luck today.
Sorry @TTupsi For cutting your path yesterday. It was my miscalculation.
No worries, I didn't think it was anyone's fault at the moment. It was three wide through there so these things happen. And I don't think it was that hard contact anyways but the cars have this tendency to stick together which made us both go off track. Unofrtunate, let's hope not to repeat it tonight :p

Not such a good race for me, I lost her in the esses, first time I have lost her there ..weird ...I had to give up, I flat spotted one or two of my tires, my wheel was rattling terrible.

Numbers were very disappointing, we actually had eleven drivers race this event, it appears that a Saturday is not a good night, numbers have been dropping now for a few weeks :(

Congrads to the podiums ..very well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had another good race tonight in the Porsche this time, 2nd unbelievable!

Amazing drive by Pauli, only person capable of driving in the low aero setup without crashing, seriously impressive. 40 seconds up the road by the end.

Over the moon getting 2nd and had a good run for most of it, with pressure behind by Tapio coming back from an earlier mistake. Held you off for a time and then the tyres started to go with a lot of defending in the last 10 minutes, good respectful driving by you my friend, i'm sure you got a bit frustrated but that's racing. Really good experience making the car wide and defending under pressure without making a big mistake. (although did make quite a few small ones... :whistling:).

Only been racing online since January, appreciate advice at the end dudes, learning about how the car changes and how to look after the tyres better is obviously something I need to work on.

Not such a good race for me, I lost her in the esses, first time I have lost her there ..weird ...I had to give up, I flat spotted one or two of my tires, my wheel was rattling terrible.

Numbers were very disappointing, we actually had eleven drivers race this event, it appears that a Saturday is not a good night, numbers have been dropping now for a few weeks :(

Congrads to the podiums ..very well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unlucky Craig, that corner is a nightmare.

Shame about the turnout, its excellent racing. And Classic banter to keep everyone entertained between Paul Glover and Steve as per usual. :thumbsup:

Wonder if making it more like a multi class endurance event would bring more people? Obviously not great if you only had a handful in each class but it would certainly make it more of an event. Like have GT3 GTE and LMP3 and make it an hour and a half? Just a thought anyway. Equally appreciate it could make a god awful mess of a race... especially on the wrong kind of track.

BTW, apologies if I have taken away at least a theoretical chance for a race from anyone by quitting. Judging by what the game was showing me regarding gaps in front and behind, I assumed I was technically last with no chance of catching the car in front, so I thought I will not prolong the frustration (it really wasn't my night today). But I noticed after the race in the results that the only DNF's were me and Craig, so the car behind me apparently was still racing, despite how it seemed from the relative timing. I would've kept going if I knew...

So yeah, sorry.

BTW, apologies if I have taken away at least a theoretical chance for a race from anyone by quitting. Judging by what the game was showing me regarding gaps in front and behind, I assumed I was technically last with no chance of catching the car in front, so I thought I will not prolong the frustration (it really wasn't my night today). But I noticed after the race in the results that the only DNF's were me and Craig, so the car behind me apparently was still racing, despite how it seemed from the relative timing. I would've kept going if I knew...

So yeah, sorry.
I was actually worried about you catching me as I had a couple of moments... didn't realise you had quit out.
I had a better race this time. Corvette was more stable than the Audi I raced in the GT3s the night before. But when I saw a grid full of Beemers I realised I may have made an error on car choice...
Still, only got lapped by the leader and finished in the top 10 albeit a far way behind the leaders. Getting better ;)

But when I saw a grid full of Beemers I realised I may have made an error on car choice...
There was a lot of them indeed, I was surprised myself. I was driving it for the first time (if I remember correctly) and only because I should get some hours with the car, not because it would be my first choice.

I'm lucky enough to have a man cave in our condo. Have to set my alarm for 4am and sneak into it under the cover of darkness.
Only issue I may have at some point is my 4 year old princess coming to look for Daddeh as she knows where I am when not in bed...
Frying pan round the head wouldn't be good so think it's better to quit than receive a wallop

had no choice, my wheel was ratling like hell and my wife had fell asleep in the same room ....If she woke I would have got the frying pan around the back of my head :(

Jeez now i understand why you hate flatspots so much. Wonder if you can iron out the noise in ffb settings? What wheel is it?

I'm lucky enough to have a man cave in our condo. Have to set my alarm for 4am and sneak into it under the cover of darkness.
Only issue I may have at some point is my 4 year old princess coming to look for Daddeh as she knows where I am when not in bed...
Frying pan round the head wouldn't be good so think it's better to quit than receive a wallop

Now thats commitment. Yeah a mancave shed workshop bike room in the garden made all this possible for me as well.

I don't think there's much you can do about rattle due to flatspots, even on a quieter wheel like my T300. Maybe crank up FFB smoothing, but then you'll also lose overall detail.

Over the moon getting 2nd and had a good run for most of it, with pressure behind by Tapio coming back from an earlier mistake. Held you off for a time and then the tyres started to go with a lot of defending in the last 10 minutes, good respectful driving by you my friend, i'm sure you got a bit frustrated but that's racing. Really good experience making the car wide and defending under pressure without making a big mistake. (although did make quite a few small ones... :whistling:)
I don't know about frustrated, it was just such a fun challenge trying to get past. Basically the only realistic place to overtake without mistakes was the last corner and since the Porsche was faster on straight line, I just had to get the long right-hander right to be able to get close. I got close once but I chose the wrong lane on the straight and couldn't even try to pass you.

Last lap I felt I could attack a lot but I actually missed a gear change when accelerating to the backstraight so you got away. I was too excited I guess :D

Shame about @Gasper Zupan , it was looking to be a three way fight for second in the first 15 minutes!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.4%