rF2 S397 GT3 @ Zandvoort - Fri 23 Oct 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thats what i did, but still not working
No sorry. I've tried everything! Still can't install package error. I'm out.

:( It has worked for 12 of us.

I've seen the announcement about this update now, on the 397-forums. I honestly only check the FB and their homepage regarding this. I did a check after I had a small update today, but found nothing!

Hnngh.

:( It has worked for 12 of us.

I've seen the announcement about this update now, on the 397-forums. I honestly only check the FB and their homepage regarding this. I did a check after I had a small update today, but found nothing!

Hnngh.

Yeah I mean the only other thing I can try is restart my pc. I've deleted the rfmod and reverted back to v1121.

Oh well. Hopefully see you next time.

Argh.

Ok, no time to update the server (as we need @Daiman Patel for that).

So we need to revert to last rF2 version.
Sorry, I was driving home from work and have only just seen this message. I don't understand why Studio 397 always insist on releasing rFactor 2 updates late in the day on a Friday… or just before any of our club events. I'll update the servers this weekend, in time for next week's race, and hope that there isn't another update released next Friday.

Sorry, I was driving home from work and have only just seen this message. I don't understand why Studio 397 always insist on releasing rFactor 2 updates late in the day on a Friday… or just before any of our club events. I'll update the servers this weekend, in time for next week's race, and hope that there isn't another update released next Friday.

Would've been... "fine", at least better if it could be communicated a bit better. At least put it as an announcement on Steam when it is an update (granted, it only said workshop content when I downloaded it).
I do take the blame for not checking the S397 forum announcements though. I just didn't think of it when there was no information anywhere else.

sorry I paid for a service, and I can't compete because you are not able to update the servers? absurd, I lose a race that Zan was so bad for with the Ferrari GT3

Cannot say anything other that I am sorry for the update-issues tonight.

However, all staff are doing everything we do on RD for free, in our spare time, to try and make it as fun, accessible, social, and as good racing as possible. However, as this is something we do for free, in our spare time, we are just not able to sit ready for everything that can happen, at any time.

Again, I take full blame/responsibility for not spotting the forum-397 announcement, however the build-update has not been communicated anywhere else that I can see (granted, I am not on twitter, so that I don't know).

I did spend some time earlier today when I got a workshop download, to check what was updated, I checked Steam(announcements, forums), Facebook and Studio-397 homepage to see if there was any mention of anything I should know before tonights race, there was no information. The last note of build was in the last update, and everything was updated after that.
I even googled for build 1121 and build 1122, only got hits for build 1121, nothing on 1122.

Yes, I have added the S397-forum to my list of "visit too many times on raceday" sites, in case something happens. However, as we are all doing this in our spare time, we also don't know everything ourselves. The staff knowledge is spread out on games, and stuff inside the games.

We do our best, sometimes it's not enough, luckily, it usually is.

Cannot say anything other that I am sorry for the update-issues tonight.

However, all staff are doing everything we do on RD for free, in our spare time, to try and make it as fun, accessible, social, and as good racing as possible. However, as this is something we do for free, in our spare time, we are just not able to sit ready for everything that can happen, at any time.

Again, I take full blame/responsibility for not spotting the forum-397 announcement, however the build-update has not been communicated anywhere else that I can see (granted, I am not on twitter, so that I don't know).

I did spend some time earlier today when I got a workshop download, to check what was updated, I checked Steam(announcements, forums), Facebook and Studio-397 homepage to see if there was any mention of anything I should know before tonights race, there was no information. The last note of build was in the last update, and everything was updated after that.
I even googled for build 1121 and build 1122, only got hits for build 1121, nothing on 1122.

Yes, I have added the S397-forum to my list of "visit too many times on raceday" sites, in case something happens. However, as we are all doing this in our spare time, we also don't know everything ourselves. The staff knowledge is spread out on games, and stuff inside the games.

We do our best, sometimes it's not enough, luckily, it usually is.

now I ask you, to apologize for what happened this evening, create another race tomorrow evening at the same time, if anything sprint at ZAN, but please do the race again please

Last edited:
Would've been... "fine", at least better if it could be communicated a bit better. At least put it as an announcement on Steam when it is an update (granted, it only said workshop content when I downloaded it).
I do take the blame for not checking the S397 forum announcements though. I just didn't think of it when there was no information anywhere else.
That is the problem, Studio 397 only seem to communicate information about updates via their forums, and therefore expect you to check there "just in case" there is an update. :cautious: It's not your fault for not checking - you weren't to know that there was going to be an update released this evening, and it's my fault for not telling you where to check and what to do in this situation. Apologies to you, and also everyone who has signed up to participate in this event. It was just bad timing on this occasion. More often than not we would be able to get the server updated for the event, but the call came through at the wrong time this evening. By the time I saw the first message many of you had already switch back to v1121.

Since I was definitely slow, and my G25 start to become very loose, I had fear of broking it, and so I decided to quit. Hope to fix it, but I think I need a new wheel :(
However, I cheer for Daniel, who have my car ;) :thumbsup: :roflmao:

sorry I paid for a service, and I can't compete because you are not able to update the servers? absurd, I lose a race that Zan was so bad for with the Ferrari GT3
Perhaps you would like to become a staff member, and run these events if you think that this is "absurd". Not being able to update our servers wouldn't have prevented you from taking part. Granted, you shouldn't have needed to switch to using an older build, but the circumstances were such that servers could not be updated by the staff member running this evening on this occasion. I'm sorry that his hard work wasn't good enough for you.

now I ask you, to apologize for what happened this evening, create another race tomorrow evening at the same time, if anything sprint at ZAN, but please do the race again please
The staff member has already apologised several times for this unfortunate mishap… one of only very few issues that occur and are actually within our control, and in spite of the fact that he was not at fault. Demanding an apology and that another event is run tomorrow is just plain rude! I appreciate that you pay for Premium membership, but staff members are volunteering their time and effort to run this site and these events, and, as I have said, this was a rare problem within our control.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back