rF2 S397 GT3 W/New Setup&BoP @ Adelaide - Fri 03 Mar 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
And as always, thanks to everyone here for being so welcoming and supportive to us rookies!

Thanks! :) We do try at least.

On that note, I hope there will be a race where you, @Monkey T , @Paul_V , @groy1980 and @VictorIS are able to participate, you are all that tiny little bit behind the mid-pack, and it's easier to gain experience "quicker" when there are people around you with approx. the same speed. Imagine having the 5 of you dueling it out for a race or two, you would suddenly find speed and consistency just based on that! :)

That was cool, but Im a newbie to GT3s and ive yet to feel even a little at home in them, as well as not knowing the track either.

all proved to be a bit too much. basically not fast enough yet and dropped back due to a spin or Three !!. The track seems narrow to me and I felt as though I was going to become a problem for all you other guys. :(

After my spins I wasnt facing the right way and it took 3 or 4 shunts to even turn around. I felt I was going to spoil the fun for the rest of you.. :unsure:
Just not enough room for me in a GT3 with 20+ other cars about. LOL

so hope you all had a good race and will try to see you all soon in a forthcoming event. :thumbsup:

Cheers. P

Last edited:
Epic fight for p1 until Gonzales touched the wall and crashed both of us. I have the replay from my PoV (in VR), it was great to watch if anyone's interested.

Great race overall, that was fun, thanks!

That was cool, but Im a newbie to GT3s and ive yet to feel even a little at home in them, as well as not knowing the track either.

all proved to be a bit too much. basically not fast enough yet and dropped back due to a spin or Three !!. The track seems narrow to me and I felt as though I was going to become a problem for all you other guys. :(

After my spins I wasnt facing the right way and it took 3 or 4 shunts to even turn around. I felt I was going to spoil the fun for the rest of you.. :unsure:

so hope you all had a good race and will try to see you all soon in a forthcoming event. :thumbsup:

Cheers. P

Might've been a bit though track for getting used to the cars, yes. But no-one had any issues with lapping you :)

But stick with it, and it will come! :)

Cheers. P
If you stick with it, pace will come. And there are always someone who crash (on that part @Roy Magnes and myself always deliver), so a good race result is still possible.

These events are purely for fun, so don't be scared to ruin someones race. As long as it's not on purpose we'll just blame @Steve Le Gallez and have a laugh ;)

If you want to race with other people and just have fun, this is by far the best place :thumbsup:

I need to have a look at the replay tomorrow. I hit the curb/wall on the fast right-hander and just went airborne. Landed next to an mobilehome... That was clearly not right. I then thought I could slip back to the track throught a small gap. Instead I got stuck in that gap for about 2 laps. :sleep:

I felt like I had the pace to fight for a top 10, so a bit annoying that I made such a mistake, but I can only blame everyone else and also the game. Someone clearly moved the wall :ninja:

The new setups really made the cars feel "right" on the new tire model. So already looking forward to the next round.

Thanks for hosting @Ole Marius Myrvold :thumbsup:

That was a hard but epic race, I was battling all race long with either @Mik, @sisco55, @Jasje or @Hartmut2 . It seems the cars are fairly evenly BoP'd and it made for some great racing. I had Francisco and Miquel right behind me for the first 3rd of the race, trying to keep them behind, because if they got through, they'd be gone. Francisco got a got on me in sector 3 but I managed to keep him behind, although it happened by understeering into him in T13, sorry about that. Later you got through anyway.

I was lucky Francisco and Jonas got together in T8 and wiped themselves out, I tankslapped into the wall in avoidance and it meant Hartmut got by for the lead. Thankfully He outbraked himself into Wakefield Corner which meant I had an easy pass for the lead.

Towards the end Francisco came back and was right at my bumper again for the last lap. I managed to get good exits around the lap to keep him from trying a divebomb and the last corner was a matter of throwing the inside block for the win.

My car wasnt where it should have been, my fuel was wrong and I should have gone for softs really, but the main issue was the setup. While the backend was fine all race, the front dissappeared after only halfway, I had no midcorner after that. I found something in the setup in warmup that really locks the rear down, but without any time to adjust the front to suit, I didnt use it. But its something that needs to be checked out in a setup session. The other cars need to be tested aswell as the Porky was fast in a straight line and brakes, the Merc super stable, the Aston getting explosive exits, etc. Lots to check out. Hopefully the cars stay as they are now for a while.

Last edited:
Results are up: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/mar23.html As always click "races" and race 1 to see tyre stats, lap times, sector times, wear, fuel usage etc.
It got a lot tighter laptimes-wise in the race when we did our best (at least that's how it looked) to take the chicane T1-2 :)

1677882787526.png

Sadly I am unable to generate stats for only 2023, it includes 2022 as well. I'll upload that after a later race this month.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 115 70.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • Standard game content

• No 3pa registration pages